Thread: I have been to Mecca

I have been to Mecca

Today I traveled from my very Northern California home to San Luis Obispo. On the way, I went through San Francisco. While in SF, I went on a CD pilgrimage; today I went to a MAC Pro store. The manager ended up working with me on beard cover, foundation, bronzer, blush, eyes and lips. Their prices are high, but it is over 6 hours later and it still looks great! Yes, I walked out of the store (in guy mode, no less) with all of the makeup still on. You want to know the great thing about SF? Nobody cared that I was in the store and nobody even batted an eye as I walked down the street with lipstick, blush, bronzer, eyeliner and mascara on. It felt so amazingly good! I was still wearing it all when I checked into my hotel a bit ago. One girl behind the counter didn't even seem to notice, the other couldn't stop looking but didn't comment.

In all, learning application was fun, and getting products matched to my complexion was badly needed. The best part though was being able to walk into the store and tell them that I was TG and needed some help, have them act professional, and then be able to walk down the street and NOBODY CARED THAT I LOOKED LIKE A WOMAN!!!

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Good for you, Anna! Really happy to hear things working out for you.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Anna,
    So glad you enjoyed your trip thru SF to the MAC store. Which one did you go to?
    Rachael

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Actually, u weren't even close, Anna! Mecca is in SoCal. In the desert near Palm Springs!

Sounds like u were in MAC, a!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    Anna,
    So glad you enjoyed your trip thru SF to the MAC store. Which one did you go to?
    Rachael
    Rachael, I went to the store on Union Street. That's a nice neighborhood.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Lorree View Post
    Rachael, I went to the store on Union Street. That's a nice neighborhood.

Anna
    I too have been to the Union St. Store for a makeover. It was, as you describe, a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Lorree View Post
    I have been to Mecca
    Shouldn't that be MACca?

It's great to hear you had a fantastic time!

Silver Member
    Sounds like fun! I think it's "MACca", though!

Lea
    Lea

Rather it be Mecca or Mac the main thing is you had a good time! Thanks for sharing your nice story! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Glad you had a good time and were able to learn something. Did Sarah work with you?

Platinum Member
    Sounds like she gave you the very best possible service. Did you remember all those tips and techniques?

Granted, it was SF, but your expereince upon leaving MACca demonstrates again that people either don't notice or don't care.