Thread: Gender For Dummies or Return of Genderbread Person

Gender For Dummies or Return of Genderbread Person

The Genderbread Person has been revised and given some recent posts confusing sex, gender, identity, I thought it would be appropriate to post this:

Genderbread-2_1a.jpg

Thanks Leslie for posting the original!

Genderbread Person lives over at THIS website.

Enjoy.
    Debby

Cute! Is the genderbread person male or female?!!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    its pretty cute and I think helpful for people who find issues of gender confusing.

I was going to say that this genderbread person is a cake trapped in the body of a cookie, but that would be a pretty crumby joke.

I guess this updated model is an improvement over the old model, which depicts male/masculine (etc.) and female/feminine (etc.) as opposite ends of the same continuum. Under the updated model, being more female/feminine doesn't necessarily make one less male/masculine. While the updated model is an oversimplification that fails to account for some nuances of gender identity, expression and attraction, I think it does a pretty good job of depicting attributes of sex and gender for people who haven't contemplated these issues in depth.
    Last edited by Marilyn Beck; 03-28-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling