Thread: Confession Time

Confession Time

OMG I finally came out to my mum. This has been building up for a while. She has noticed me wearing a fairy necklace , nail varnish and rings at various times over the last 12 months so I think she had some kind of inkling but never really put 2 and 2 together. But today she came up for tea and she asked if the top I was wearing was a woman's top. I said yes as I can't get the colours I want to wear in male clothes. She said she loves me and didn't care whether I wore female or male clothes! So I cuddled her, said sorry a few times, almost broke down and then told her about my CDing. She told me I was a fool but that she loves me no matter what. With the upbringing I had from my dad being very alpha male and heavy handed I told her I didn't want to be like him. I asked her if she remembered how when I was small I wanted to have women's clothes from the catalogue and how she caught me wearing her knickers. I also said how when I was small I wanted to be a girl and she admitted that she always wanted a girl.

What also put a smile on my face was that she asked me what size I am and then said 'ooh, I could borrow that' -CHEEKY COW!!!!!!!!!: A good end to a great day. Love Deanna x

Awesome!!! I bet it was a relief and a good feeling! Maybe you can go shopping together!

That seems great news Deanna ! It always nice to have nice people like your mum in the know.

Platinum Member
    Deanna, that is so lovely. I hope you do something very special for your mom, like taking her shopping!

hi girls . thank you for your kind words . my mum is a shopahollic so i know where i inherited it from . we both would spend a small fortyne .when she had time to digest the information i hope i can show off all my lovely clothes.take care love deanna x

Very nice outcome. Or is that come out
    DonnaT

What is it about mums, mothers--not the flower--that enable them to accept so much? Congratulations...maybe life will easier, especially if she stays out of the wardrobe.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Great beginning. Now the journey can go on with the two of you together on the same page, and that will be so wonderful. Just get new locks for your wardrobe...lol

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

The avvy pic isn't me
    So, can we assume then that calling you a fool was some of this british 'cheekyness' thing and was meant in a sweet and loving manner?
    Congrats on a great conversation.
    Your very lucky, my mom had 4 sons before she gave up on having her little girl, and she passed 6 yrs ago; before i could tell her that she came very, very, very close with her last.

That's awesome Deanna; congratulations!

Hugs,
    Jen

Lost my mom 2 years ago before I could talk to her about my TG issues. I miss her, she was always so supportive. Cherish the time you have with her. Hope you two girls have many good times together.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Deanna i wish i could come out to my mom like you did. maybe you can go shopping together or exchange outfits.

Lovely story Deanna! It's always nice to read a happy ending! Thank you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: