Thread: "ladies" vs "folks"??

"ladies" vs "folks"??

Every Wed. evening my SO and I go to our favorite bar for steak night. We've been going there for about a year now. Up until a couple of weeks ago the owner would greet us with "hi ladies doing alright?". Last week and this week it was "hi folks doing alright?". Not much of a conversationalist I know but my point is. Why "folks"? What has changed? Last week I didn't think much of it but tonight he used "folks on us and an adjacent table of 2 ladies it was "Hi ladies.......
    Could this be his way of letting us know that I have been read or am I making a big deal out of nothing. (as usual). Won't stop me from going there, after all it is the best $8.95 New York strip in town. Still the OCD in me won't let me forget it.
    What do you think? Just more paranoia or am I on to something?
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OCD ,, Is messing with ya .. Just take it easy LADY .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Why let that mess up a good deal on a good meal???

Kristy

Your mind is playing tricks on you!

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

You can't allow yourself to worry about what people may be thinking about you. The relevant concern is if you are treated respectfully. It reads to me that you were.

And an $8.95 New York strip steak dinner? Geez, most places charge that much for a decent hamburger!
    Last edited by Sharon; 03-29-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: sp
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Hi,

Or maybe hes trying a few new words out on you's as said he does not say much.

I mean i say hi to lots of people & some men , Well if i got a hi back id be surprised .

Dont read in to it, & i say hi to some people & they dont even say a thing.

smile & walk on,

...noeleena...

Banned Read only
    Michelle,

I along with the vast population of this countries citizenry interchange words as it pertains to greetings many many different times each time we see one another.
    You are reading the Encyclopedia Britannica into a phrase that pertains to a group of people that carries no gender id whatsoever.
    It means nothing more than the greeting that the person intended it to be.

For the first couple of years of me living full time I would attempt to second guess what people meant when they said something to me as it pertained to my gender presentation.
    Given the time that you have been full time I see this as nothing more than a very normal process your going through.

You can't stop going there due to the $8.95 New York Strip!!!
    I love meat and devour it accordingly.

Be well sister.

Julia

I think you're reading too much into it.
    He most likely greets hundreds of people a day and using the same greeting not only gets boring, but begins to sound phony and people in the service industry want that the least. Genuineness is a key to happy customers and good tips.

Just let it ride.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

"Sometimes, a good cigar is just a cigar"

Freud meant this to say the even though a cigar can be a phallic symbol, sometimes it is just a cigar.

The man was pleasant in saying hello to the two of you. I would say just take it as such.