Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife and This Forum

I also am in Karen's boat. My wife doesn't want to know about it and if she did, I might not feel as comfortable as I do being here, even though I'm among friends.

my wife as well knows about this site snd i have askd her to join but she does not want to join i love this site tho she gets mad that i check it so regilarly but oh well i guess bit to me its informative and inspiring this is my place to hang out and read since she hates crossdressing and thinks that it is wrong so i hang out here since she wont let me dress i love everyones posts here i look forward to reading more and any advice on changing her opinion on crossdressing would be greatly appreciated

I introduced my wife to this forum, after coming out to her. She has been a member for a couple of years. The GGs are very supportive and she has benefited from her membership.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

My wife knows about this site and I have shown her a couple of post's. One's that were especially meaningful to me. She has been more supportive that I ever imagined and has no problem with me being on here but she doesn't have a desire for membership at this time. She wants to give me a space for myself although I try not to post anything that I'd not want her to see.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Less than 2% of Internet users participate in online forums at all. So the chance that a spouse of any of us would become a user here is probably about one in fifty, which has nothing at all to do with the content or their level of interest -- it's just the way people behave online.

- Diane

My wife, knows I'm on this site but doesn't show much interest in joining and although I have nothing to hide, I would feel uncomfortable if she were to read some posts that I comment on. Especially when someone posts a pic, they say hey how do I look? I say great etc, etc... This would just make her wonder all over again if I will turn gay on her or something.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    I am a wife, and I am the one that reads the forum! I have shown it to my husband a few times, being all excited about what I am trying to show him. Saying crap like, "Look, dude! Dudes like you!". He "Uh huh"s me and walks away. I am sure it is because he is purged at the moment. No matter how hard I try to keep Erin out in the open, he shoves her in her hiding spot. But with all I have learned from being on this forum, I will be ready to welcome her home whenever she may get back here.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Karren, as always, says exactly what I'm thinking. But even if my wife was more ok with my dressing, I'd like it better if I were the only member of the family here simply because I can be a little more open by myself.

My wife joined ages ago, to my knowledge she rarely visits, for no other reason than she is busy elsewhere.
    Where there is tea, there is hope.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Found this forum the day after I told my wife and brought her here. She browsed a few threads on her own and decided she didn't need it. That was about 18 months ago. To date, she has never mentioned this forum or any other. She did buy and read "My Husband Wears My Clothes" and said it was interesting. Other than that, she knows of my hobby, has bought me clothes and lets me dress whenever I want. I guess she is OK with it.

Miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinsWife View Post
    I am a wife, and I am the one that reads the forum! I have shown it to my husband a few times, being all excited about what I am trying to show him. Saying crap like, "Look, dude! Dudes like you!". He "Uh huh"s me and walks away. I am sure it is because he is purged at the moment. No matter how hard I try to keep Erin out in the open, he shoves her in her hiding spot. But with all I have learned from being on this forum, I will be ready to welcome her home whenever she may get back here.
    Thanks for being proactive with the support, Erin. I'm glad there are so many supporting wives out there like you and my wife. Stay with it.

Miriam

My wife joined the forum a couple of years ago and posted maybe 5 or 6 times. She is fine with my crossdressing, sort of gets a kick out of it, and helps me to look and act more feminine... very supportive. She is so busy with homeschooling, 6 grandchildren and 3 grown children that the last thing she thinks of is getting on this forum. She is very connected on Facebook and that's about the extent of her computer time.

Mackenzie

My wife knows about a CD forum that I have joined but she gets all of her information from me. I think it's better this way anyways since it allows the two of us to stay open with our communications.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    My wife knows of this site but after 7 posts she could not take it anymore. She thinks we are wierd wanting to dress in womens clothes. She has told me she has not been on since 8-27-2009. I have checked to see if she has logged in but nope atleast she is not logging in but she may be checking up on me as a lurker, I mean visitor. I guess someday I will find out.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Thanks for all the responses. It seems the majority either haven't told their wives about it or the wives aren't interested.

I just recently started wearing panties and a bra around my wife (and stretch shorts and nighties). I have a thread about it on here. That's it for now, I haven't told her about anything else, I'll just let it happen as it happens. I wear women's jeans and jean shorts, but as a male.

I'm wary of telling her about this forum because I don't want her to think I will be taking this thing any further than dressing around the house or maybe in another town. No coming out to friends and family or neighbors, no transition to full time or hormone treatment, etc.

I don't use the term "crossdressing" or anything like that around her, I just tell her the bra and panties make me feel relaxed and a nicer person. She calls it my "feminine side". We'll just let it take it's course.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My SO knows all about Andrea, but I've never encouraged her to join this site. For my own selfish reasons.

1). I had a bad experience with a previous partner with whom I had shared another CD forum. When we went our separate ways, she made things difficult for me on the forum, and I lost all of my then TG / CD friends. All of whom were local too, so that meant loosing my group to go out with also
    2). My SO spends enough time online already - if she joined another forum I'd never see her!!

So yes, I am selfish, and keep this site all to myself.

Now, if she were to find it on her own, I have no worries and nothing to hide.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

I have encouraged my wife to join this site, but she has very little interest in reading about the lives and times of CDers. Occasionally, she will look over my shoulder and read some posts, but she gets bored very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsWife View Post
    Let me thank you for being supportive of your husband, even if he apparently rejects your support. We CDers tend to have a few demons of our own and apparently your husband is still dealing with one or two of them. Sometimes we just can't recognize how good we have it.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Beck View Post
    but she has very little interest in reading about the lives and times of CDers. Occasionally, she will look over my shoulder and read some posts, but she gets bored very quickly.
    I'm a CD and honestly, half the time I have very little interest in their lives and times either. But then again I don't get facebook or twitter. I am not interested in either what you wore or what you ate for dinner last night!

Personally I don't think this site is good for a "newbie" SO. It's just a bit too overwhelming at times as much as the Mods and GG's do their best. There are other sites out there with what I guess are a bit more of the "basics" or FAQs on Transgenderism that I think a GG would do better to get their head around first. Then I think she can come here with a better set of tools to sort out what does and does not apply to her and her partner.

I told my wife about this forum soon after I discovered it. She did follow it for (maybe) a month but lost interest and doesn't bother anymore.

She is actually very supportive in that she wants me to find new friends/support group to help me come to terms with myself and get out with people. She has bought me some jewelry and a couple of items of clothes. Even said she would meet me somewhere (like at dinner out) with me being en femme, but I'm not there quite yet. Working on it as I would like it to happen.

Things have changed with us since that time (about 1.5 years ago): She's dating other men and we haven't slept in the same bed in almost a year. No divorce yet. But in about 3 years that may change when our daughter gets out of grade school, but then she will only say that a change is going to happen.

Gold Member
    After I told my wife and later also with my oldest daughter, we had talks about how I felt. I always believed you had to have those talks before pointing them to on-line resources. After those talks, they both got on here and read until they felt all they wanted to learn. I don't believe either has been on since but you never know.....

sexy in high heels Sarah Roberts's Avatar
    My now EX wife absolutely found it repulsive and disgusting that I enjoyed dressing like a woman. I'm still not sure how my dressing all came about and when it truly started but boy.. am I glad it did. Once my dressing was out in the open, I asked her to come on here and read some of the fantastic posts written by both CD's, their SO or other genetic women who admire us but she had absolutely no interest. I was completely cut off from her emotionally and physically once she found out and so I stopped for a while about 2 yrs but the lack of love, support and interest in me had disappeared from her for eever. All she had was sheer anger and hatred for me which just drove such a wedge between us that I finally left. We have been apart for 3+ yrs now and I will say that there is a silver lining around every cloud.. what's meat to be will be... Since then, I have met so many wonderful women (GG's) and dated some, that absolutely love me as Sarah and want nothing more than to spend as much time with Sarah as they do with my male self. The feeling of knowing that a woman in your life who enjoys all sides of you is so empowering... I truly wish for everyone to experience it. Life is amazing now.. I have seized the day and my new adventures are only just getting started. Sorry for the rant... my apologies everyone..

No the wife doesn't like to dress and wouldn't understand the need to talk about it with others.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

my 2 cents, if you told your wife you are a crossdresser, you will not have to introducer her to anything, she is a GG and like myself, I found and joined this site without even telling my husband. If she is at all interested/concerned enough to invest some time, or should i say lots of time, to find out what crossdressing is really all about. GG usually do this type of thing on their own. If the relationship is to progess a wife absolutely must become informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaria View Post
    My now EX wife absolutely found it repulsive and disgusting that I enjoyed dressing like a woman....I asked her to come on here and read some of the fantastic posts written by both CD's, their SO or other genetic women who admire us but she had absolutely no interest. I was completely cut off from her emotionally and physically once she found out and so I stopped for a while about 2 yrs but the lack of love, support and interest in me had disappeared from her for eever. All she had was sheer anger and hatred for me which just drove such a wedge between us that I finally left...
    I have a feeling that, in this case, CDing was like a match that starts a forest fire. I find it hard to believe in a situation like this that CDing was the only contentious issue between the partners. If the fire wasn't started by CDing it would have been initiated by something else.

It sounds like you are in a better place despite (or perhaps because of) the turmoil!

Quote Originally Posted by CINDYO View Post
    my 2 cents, if you told your wife you are a crossdresser, you will not have to introducer her to anything, she is a GG and like myself, I found and joined this site without even telling my husband. If she is at all interested/concerned enough to invest some time, or should i say lots of time, to find out what crossdressing is really all about. GG usually do this type of thing on their own. If the relationship is to progess a wife absolutely must become informed.
    Funny how philosophies differ. I'm a CDer and asked my wife if I should join this forum. At that point, the decision was whether to keep things completely between us or to widen my horizons to include the people here, a decision that ultimately would affect her. I felt that she deserved a say in that decision.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]