Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife and This Forum

Wife and This Forum

For the male married crossdressers here, have you introduced your wife to this forum?

If so, was it a good idea or not and why. If not, why not? What are your reasons?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Because she isn't a fan of my crossdressing! With her not on here I feel I can talk freely. which I can't do when she's around. Maybe that's sad but that's just the way it is...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I did introduce my wife to this site. She hasn't shown any interest in becoming a member, primarily because she just doesn't have the time. She started a Facebook page some time ago, visited it maybe a dozen times, and lost interest.

Banned Read only
    "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" also means "Don't Read." The only thing my wife may read about cross dressing is an occasional letter to "Dear Abby." Then, she says absolutely nothing, which is an improvement over the years. If she has read this site, I don't know it. We both use programs that automatically clear our histories.

My SO is not my wife, but as important to me or more then if she was. Yes, i asked her to join. Not so she would understand us any better since she has been exposed to all types of gender expression long before we met. She is a member, but rarely comes here. I have nothing to hide in anything I have or might post, so her presents here is fine. I just wish she had more time to chime in. Neither one of us has anything to hide from each other.

My wife is aware of this site, she is often in the room when I'm on here, and would be welcomed by me if she ever did want to join on read whats up here, but it's my thing, not her's and she doesn't find it all that interesting.
    There is nothing she seems to be curiouse about, as long as I'm happy, that's all that counts.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I showed my wife this site when I first found it, she gave it a look and that was about it. Last night I asked her if she ever looks at this site, she said no because its a place I can go and not have to worry about her and she does not care for it.

Gold Member
    My wife just does not comprehend a computer; She tries to make it work like a
    typewriter, witch has a key board, but the similarities stop there.
    Rader

My wife knows every time i log on here and i have no problem with her reading anything on here but i would not be keen on her joining , why you may ask, well she supports me very vigorously and know doubt would support the views of any CD/TG when it comes to dressing and would be very outspoken about anything against that so i have decided to keep her off here for your own safety
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

My view is that I wouldn't want to post anything on here that I wouldn't be happy for her to read (that's too many negatives...). Basically if she read anyting I wrote I wouldn't want her to be upset. However, she's got too many other things to do to really want to read anything on here anyway - so I don't think it's really a problem for me.

I showed this forum to my wife and encouraged her to read and discuss the threads with me.
    I prefaced it by making certain that she understood that there are wide variations in what we enjoy and in our reasons for dressing.
    It helped her to see that we are so similar, yet so different and our discussions helped her understand me better.

She is a member here also.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well... It was she who introduced me to this site!

Haven't a clue what she says about me on the gg's only forum...

BFN

Polly
    On a journey from here to there. Mostly here but sometimes there....

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I did she knows all about the forum, and she actually joined the forum but never posted anything not long after I joined. I guess she figured she get's more than enough of a forum from me and needs no further information.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

My wife knows about the forum and has even read a post or two that I have shown her. But, she is not interested in joining and since our aggreement is to not shoved my dressing in her face, it will stay that way.

Unfortunately, my wife hats my crossdressing. She always shouts at me to get off this site every time she comes into the computer room. And she checks my history every day. So...she sees the title of every thread I visit. A distorted view to be sure. Perhaps she has read a post or two--not sure of that.

I do not delete my history as she gets angry if I delete my history.

I'm in the same boat as Karen!!
    Well put.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    My wife is aware of this site and my interaction on it. I told her that she is welcome to look, or join, but she has not expressed any interest. She accepts this part of me and it is ok with her, if there is anything that can "bug" her, it is my going on about CDing. I don't talk about it much, but we do shop for clothes together, etc.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My wife is here and it really helps us understand each other. We often ask each other "Anything interesting on the forum?" and the discussions that follow are often some of the most meaningful ones we have about TG issues.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Wife knew, never really did any sites or social networking. GF knew, had many more things to do beside checking on me. She had her horse boards.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My wife knows that I CD. She does not like it nor wants to have anything to do with it, she would really like it if it did not exist. Besides that she is opposed to it!
    I do not want her on this site. While I as a CD understand the many views, perspectives, likes and dislikes that are expressed here on an open forum, she would see much of it as deviant or perverse. I know that she is closed minded about these things. For her to read some of the things posted here would likely cause her to be even more opposed to my CDing, so it would be a long day before I introduced her to this site. While it is not fool proof, I have my own computer and go to great lengths to cover my tracks of my visits to this or other CD sites.

Molly

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My wife only uses the computer to download music. She doesn't even use facebook.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Molly Wells and I share some of the same fears...for her to jump in here and read all of it without context or working up to it as we have would be traumatic, I think.
    Last edited by elizabethamy; 06-01-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Back when I was married, I told my wife about the forum and she didn't want to join. However, my now current SO registered here and has taken a much greater interest than my ex-wife did.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Unfortunately, my wife hats my crossdressing. She always shouts at me to get off this site every time she comes into the computer room. And she checks my history every day. So...she sees the title of every thread I visit. A distorted view to be sure. Perhaps she has read a post or two--not sure of that.

I do not delete my history as she gets angry if I delete my history.
    Wow, that sounds pretty harsh. I have a couple of suggestions:

Use "Private Browsing" in Firefox, "Incognito Mode" in Chrome or "InPrivate Browsing." in IE. They will prevent history from being recorded without deleting the entire history.

Even better, use a separate computer. That way she can use hers, you can use yours, both without interference.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Miriam
    My wife is great about the crossdressing, but spends way too much time on-line just running her business. I try to give her the highlights, and they often result in great conversations.