Thread: Wife finally seen it.

Wife finally seen it.

Anyone who reads my threads will know that i vent a lot about i can't believe that it's so hard to have time to dress. Last month i was asking the wife if there was a chance that the kids know i dress and there not saying anything to me, because it seems like there going out of there way not to leave me home alone for more than a hour at a time. My wife called me a few sissy names and told me to stop crying and i told her that for one month i am going to keep a log of when they come and go. I have to first say both kids are over 20 years old my daughter works full time and has a part time job and my son is in college and has a part time job. The first weekend my daughter went away for the weekend with her friends and my son works every weekend but for some reason he didn't have to work that weekend and he was home all the time except when i went out with a friend for dinner and at that point the house was empty for four hours and when i got home he came home half an hour later. The rest of the week one went to work and the other came home without even an hour in between. The next weekend my son worked all weekend but my daughter was home all weekend doing nothing but hanging around the house. To make a long story short if i went out for 6 hours in that time the house would be empty and when i get home everybody came home. Well tonight my wife finally agreed that it's true. Both of them were working tonight my daughter from 3 to 7 and the other from 6 to 9 but on Thursday my daughter meets her friends for dinner. So when my son went to work i got dressed thinking i finally have a few hours. Well for some reason her dinner plans got cancelled and she was coming home. She has been home since seven and she is going out now to meet a friend and as soon as the door closed my son text to tell us he will be home soon. My wife turned to me and said, i can't believe it you are right it's almost like there talking to each other to make sure someones always home. Sorry its kind of long but i had to make my point. Don't get me wrong i love my children but i can't believe this, am i the only one that can't get 3or 4 hours to myself. I read my log to my wife and there wasn't 2 hours during the hole month that one of them wasn't home.

Miriam
    With or without your crossdressing, anyone needs time alone once in a while. Last I knew, even adult children need to respect the wishes of their parents in their parents home - at least if they want to continue living there. Without even mentioning your dressing, tell them that you're going to set aside certain times each week during which they are specifically excluded from your home. If they can't live with that, they can find another home. Sound cruel? It's just another case of establishing useful boundaries, especially important when you have children in the home.

Good luck.

Miriam

Time to let em go

Maybe they can go to there house an live ? Oh they dont have a house ? That my point ,, Grown kidds ,,They do what u tell em to or hit the road ,, Tell em dont come home me an mom want some alone time ,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Maria, I feel for you.
    If pro basketball player Charles Barkley, and James Bond actor Daniel Craig can get away with crossdressing, so can the rest of us.
    The realm of womens' fashion is too unique and interesting to be enjoyed by one gender.....that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Charles Barkley or Dennis Rodman? You're making me lol thinking of Barkley in a dress.
    Youn read my media thread, right?:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...harles-Barkley

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Charles Barkley or Dennis Rodman? You're making me lol thinking of Barkley in a dress.
    ESPN has a vid of the Round Mound of Rebound en femme today...http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=775...goryid=2378529
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

I recall Barkley doing a skit in drag when he hosted Saturday Night Live a while back.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Don't you think that we should be addressing Maria's OP? I think sidetracking like that is a bit impolite.

Maria, I've participated in previous threads where you've discussed your lack of privacy, and at that time, I sympathized and told you that there will come a time when you will have all the time you need. It doesn't seem to be happening very quickly though, does it?

Ok, understandably, if your son is going to school, he is unlikely to be able to support himself, so he has a reason to be there. But what about your daughter? You say she works full-time AND has a part-time job? She should never EVER even be there, if she's working that much!! Lol! Perhaps it's time to gently suggest that she find her own place? If that were to happen, then there would only be one to have to worry about, and it would still probably give you more alone time.

The other solution (that Stacey suggested) might be that you tell both your children (at times when you want to dress) that you and your wife need alone time, and you'd appreciate it if they made other plans for that day/night. So, make a date with yourself to dress. It's your house and you should call the shots. Tell both of them that you want some private time and stipulate the hours. They can go to friends or a movie, or whatever.

You need some "me time" Maria!!
    Last edited by Piora; 03-29-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Maria, I feel for you.
    If pro basketball player Charles Barkley, and James Bond actor Daniel Craig can get away with crossdressing, so can the rest of us.
    The realm of womens' fashion is too unique and interesting to be enjoyed by one gender.....that's just the way it is.
    So, have the movies now been retitled to James BLONDE? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have the opposite right now, my wife is gone for 6 months and we don't have kids. I am able to dress everynight if I want too. Now when she gets home it will be back to every once in a while. Hang in there it will get better! I have had periods where I couldn't dress for several months and it is never easy. I get grumpy when there isn't enough Kimberly time.

Well, as Kack Lenmon said - "thats the way the cookie crumbles". I don't think there is any conspirency, but maybe it is time to openly discuss it with your kids. Sort of the same as coming out to your wife. They will be accepting.

GG
    Do you think they could have some other reason for not wanting you to be alone? They might just be worried about you if you've seemed depressed or lonely. Or it may be they're up to something and don't want you snooping around on your own... though it sounds like they're both pretty responsible. It does sound like something's up, but maybe not what you think.

Gold Member
    Now please do not get me wrong, I am sure you love your kids.
    But maybe a simple solution is to change the locks on the doors.
    Sorry, it is the Carpenter in me.
    Rader

Any possibility of just telling them? They are in their 20's. I have 2 daughters, both in their early 20's and I told them last summer. They have been great with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My thoughts on this are simple. Kids are both over 20 years of age, they are working, they should be out living at their OWN homes. Sorry, but you did your part by providing them with a roof over their heads while they were children/teenagers, they are adults now, and are responsible for their own survival. I would look at them and tell them if they didn't like it, they could pack their stuff and get out as it is YOUR house and therefore YOU should be free to be yourself inside YOUR home.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I have 2 adult kids living at home and both know I dress, and they just deal with it. Most peeople who come over to our house know I dress. My wife will tell me when company is comming and that my que to change my girly top and I change to a girls crew neck tee over my bra. wife is happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

You should have your own time regardless of what your preference is. As far as the kids go, tell them to move out. I know you love your kids, but you did your part. Its time for them to hit the road. I have three - two boys work full-time and the daughter works full-time and goes to school. All three have their own place. They bitched a bit when I had to cut them loose, but I explained to all of them, its their time to be adults, mom and I did our job. We still help them out if they need it, but they live in their homes and SO and I live in ours.

Fortunately, I can dress whenever I want nowadays, the wife loves it. After reading so many of the stories here, I feel very lucky to have a wife that supports me, but she always did regardless of what I've done in the past.

Thanks for all the great advice, well in case nobody knows children in a Italian house hold don't move out until marriage or until they are forty something, even then i have a few friends who's marriage didn't work out and they went back to there parents house. Maybe i am selfish but i need time for Maria. Thanks again for all the great ideas.

I would do the I'm tired excuse also, it's not too bad with a tv in the room or I would be saying that you both need to find something to do for an hour or two out of the house because I need some time for myself, then if all else fails just dress and let them decide weather they want to hang out with you or not.

Find a reasonably priced hotel / motel and pack your bag for a day of personal time. Just don't tell the kids where you are.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I agree with Taylor. My wife and I were not alone for a while and my wife saw the problem and suggested that we spend the day at a hotel if you can't invite your children to leave you alone for a while!

There is always a way

tina