Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A savior when you need one.

A savior when you need one.

Well, it happened and the world did not end when I had car trouble while out dressed during a shopping trip.

I had dressed and thought, "I look pretty darn good" until as I walked past two guys on my way back to my car and over heard one say loud enough for me to hear, "I never saw a chick with an Adam's Apple before." Well, I just kept walking and actually shook my booty just a bit more then normal walking to my car.

Anyway. I walked another 30 feet to my car, closed the door and went to start, "Oh Darn!. it won't start!" I tried and tried and it was not going to start. My mind began to race a bit about what to do. I was on a very busy High Street on the Short North of Columbus, 40 miles from home, with a car that would not start and gaging from the conversation I had just heard before entering the car, I WAS NOT PASSABLE!

Well, girls, thinks do seem to work out. Two minutes later a young guy, tapes on the window glass and asked me, "Are you out of Gas? OMG. talk about feeling like the Damsiele in Distress, I replied "NO, Not sure what is wrong?"

Anyway, the guy introduced himself as a mechanic who hates to see anyone in trouble and offered to help me. He was very professional, checked the fuel pump, the engine, and some of the electronics. He determined it was an electrical issue that was causing the issue and to allow it to cool down that it should start in a bit. We talked a little about the car, and he stayed with me for 15 minutes or so to make sure it started.

He was a prince of a fellow and I gave him a few bucks for his time and advice. He really made me feel good about people. Thank you Floyd for your time.

Wow, that is a great story. A damsel in distress and a gallant non-imposing white knight (mechanic) rides up to your rescue. I used to live in Columbus many, many years ago, just southeast of the Brewery. Great place. Thanks for sharing.

Gold Member
    It is nice to know that their still people willing to help someone today.
    Rader

Wish that would have been me that found ya broke down ? You would have had to give me a little fastion show ,,,Run way walk an my services would be free ...lol...lol.. Go,,,,Go,,,,jenny,,,,Go,,,,GO,,,,JENNY,!!!!!!!! SWEET !!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

There are true angels out there. I'm glad you had one stop by!

Don't worry about not passing all the time, you can always look very nice whether you pass or not.

As far as an adams apple goes, there are women who have good size ones. I knew a very thin lady in my church who had one as big as any guys and she was GG, she was pregnant and gave birth twice while I was attending there.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

The avvy pic isn't me
    Atta boy Floyd!! Wherever you are, give yourself a pat on the back.
    I for one love these everyday life, feel good stories.
    Thanx for sharing that Jenny.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Glad to know things worked out well for you! Shows that there are some decent, caring people in this world still.

While we are on the subject of car trouble, here's a cautionary tale: In my city, there were some incidents where people were coming out to their minivans and finding that they wouldn't start. It seems in every case, a guy would approach the person trying to start his/her vehicle, and offer to help them get it going for $50.00. He said he was a mechanic, and he was familiar with the problem. So, he gets underneath the engine area and fiddles around a bit. Soon, he says to try to start the van, and lo and behold - it would!

Most of the people were very grateful, of course and coughed up the $50 without hesitation. However, one of these people was approached by the "Good Samaritan" and that particular owner declined the offer to fix it. So the guy had Auto Club and had it towed. The mechanic found that this was what caused the vehicle not to start. The guy then called the cops.

Anyway, to make a long story short, it turns out that this guy was disabling the electronic ignition somehow (it was ONLY certain models of this Minivan that were being targeted probably because of where this switch or plug was located, it was easy to remove) When the owner would come out, the vehicle wouldn't start......presto! Another $50!! Eaaaaaasy money. But they got a description of this guy's vehicle and arrested him. So, just be very careful out there. As Jenny has shown, when we dress and drive, we 'become' the somewhat helpless woman when things go wrong.
    Last edited by Piora; 03-31-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Yea. Already have it on my schedual.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post
    Good for you Jenny! Good job by Floyd. I would suggest getting a good road service. Not that expensive to add to your current policy, probably, and they usually show up in 30-45 minutes. Also, for your peace of mind, I would have the car checked out by your mechanic.

Unfortunately, we men have that pesky Adams apple, and as I understand it, it CAN be 'shaved' surgically, but oh well...better to just wear a scarf or high collared dress or top/turtleneck...just something we have to live with.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Wish that would have been me that found ya broke down ? You would have had to give me a little fastion show ,,,Run way walk an my services would be free ...lol...lol.. Go,,,,Go,,,,jenny,,,,Go,,,,GO,,,,JENNY,!!!!!!!! SWEET !!!!
    Sounds like it would been a fun service call no matter how yea looked at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    Glad to know things worked out well for you! Shows that there are some decent, caring people in this world still.

While we are on the subject of car trouble, here's a cautionary tale: In my city, there were some incidents where people were coming out to their minivans and finding that they wouldn't start. It seems in every case, a guy would approach the person trying to start his/her vehicle, and offer to help them get it going for $50.00. He said he was a mechanic, and he was familiar with the problem. So, he gets underneath the engine area and fiddles around a bit. Soon, he says to try to start the van, and lo and behold - it would!

Most of the people were very grateful, of course and coughed up the $50 without hesitation. However, one of these people was approached by the "Good Samaritan" and that particular owner declined the offer to fix it. So the guy had Auto Club and had it towed. The mechanic found that this was what caused the vehicle not to start. The guy then called the cops.

Anyway, to make a long story short, it turns out that this guy was disabling the electronic ignition somehow (it was ONLY certain models of this Minivan that were being targeted probably because of where this switch or plug was located, it was easy to remove) When the owner would come out, the vehicle wouldn't start......presto! Another $50!! Eaaaaaasy money. But they got a description of this guy's vehicle and arrested him. So, just be very careful out there. As Jenny has shown, when we dress and drive, we 'become' the somewhat helpless woman when things go wrong.
    Thanks for the heads up!

1 thanks for the story
    2 Thanks Floyd
    3 I have AAA but discovered My State Farm policy also covers road service. Just FYI

Glad it worked out for you, I would hate to ruin an outfit fixing the car! For some reason I don't have an adam's apple, or it is so small you can feel it but it does not stick out. So I try to show off my neck to help me pass.

What a great story I love to here story's of people with a good heart. If there where more Floyd's out there this world would be a better place.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Jenny it seems Floyd was your knight in shining armor helping the damsel in distress. Three cheers for Floyd! He restores our faith in humanity.

You handled that fine. I would have freaked out.

Thats one reason I'm terribly afraid to go out dressed. Will my car start when I need it to? Years ago I drove down to the Chicago area and then back home. I was en femme at the time. When I got home I changed back to drab and went back to my car because I had to be somewhere in a little while. Lo and behold, my car wouldn't start! Thats too close for me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a great story, Jenny! Sort of renews my faith in humanity!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The moral of the story: Life is not about passing, it's about living. Good for you, Jenny for not panicing. And Floyd, wherever you are, bless you.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Good people don't pay attention to what you are wearing, they just help no matter what. Floyd is a good guy and I am happy he helped you out
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Thanks for all the responses, I agree about the faith in humanity, and agree that Floyd is a super nice guy! Look forward to my next adventure out to lunch and shopping. Shopping buddy anyone? Giggles

Platinum Member
    People are better than we credit them. At least that's been my experience.

I'm gald that everything worked out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    Shopping buddy anyone? Giggles
    Only if I lived closer to you.

You are soooo lucky. I always carry extra drab clothes and some baby wipes in the car when I go out. Then if tragedy strikes, I can make a discreet change and take care of the vehicle as needed. I always park away from the crowd so changing isn't a big risk.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A great ending to a bad dream unfolding. Points out all the precautions that we must/should/(probably dont) take when going out. Always good to think ahead. Congrats to you, and get that car looked at before the next lunch.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I believe that this shows that people, when they interact with other people do just that. They live beside the other person. floyd may or may not have noticed anything other than that he had a female in distress whom he could help. Or maybe he just saw a poor busted car the busted female came a poor second. I dunno and it does not matter, except to those to which it happens. Then it matters very much.
    ~S~