Thread: Has Suzy beaten the ebay record?

Has Suzy beaten the ebay record?

I went on ebay at 10.30am looking for ‘that dress’ Scrolled down a thousand pages.
    Looked at a zillion dresses.
    Stopped for two cups of tea.
    Stopped once to pee.
    I gave up at 2.30pm.

It has to be just the right dress for a dish like me. I am not just any old broad!

Have fun girls.

Gold Member
    Did Suzy have some cookies with the tea; And only one "P" break, you are amazing Suzy.
    My wife goes to the bath room at least once an hour. Try going on a long car trip. I have to plan
    where every rest stop and McDonald's is located from home to our destination.
    As for "E" Bay, well I found much better clothes at sites like "One stop Shop", Lane Bryant.
    Avenue, Etc. Happy surfing.
    Rader

You are not just any old broad Suzy. Go find that dress hun.
    Angie

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Suzy knows what Suzy needs/wants, and heaven help anyone/thing that gets in the way of Suzy and her dress.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I know exactly what you are saying. I just spent close to a hundred dollars on a
    new wig and later decided it was to short so ebay here I come. After weeks and
    pages and pages of junk I've about decided to bite to bullet, so to speak, and
    just find another shop with something I really like. Good luck girl, hope you find
    that "special" dress.

A few shopping thoughts

1. Ebay does have some wonderful clothing, but don't expect fantastic bargains anymore, unless you are OK with gently used fashion, and that can be risky. Just screen out stuff under $100 and you will probably find the good stuff fast. Type in favorite designers, and things get even more precise. For example, I happen to work well in Carmen Marc Valvo.
    2. I do prefer shopping live, since online bargains are not as prevalent as they once were. As you are in the UK, you have fewer options. But I strongly recommend Neiman Marcus last call, for the typical 10-12 CD (you have my most extreme envy if you can wear a 6 or 8) as I have been able to get some fantastic clothing. Nordstrom Rack and Saks off 5th less so, but still some excellent accessories and shoes at both. Harder is TJ Maxx or Marshalls, the level of junk has risen quite high with some few stores being exceptions. Still trolling can work
    3. Sign on to Gilt groupe. Outrageous high end clothing. I could die happy just ordering one of everything in my size, they do top out at 12 almost always. Call it 50 off sticker, but wow, and double wow for what can show up.
    4. Ebay remains a good asset for jewelry. It does not matter where I go, unless you have the bargaining skills of a true champ, I just cannot come close to what I can get on Ebay. Remember, it is the jewelry and the shoes that really make the girl. OK, perfume is important too, as it is so girly out of fashion that it marks you immediately as a girl to be reckoned with.
    5. I really do love high end consignment stores, and there are even a few chains that are making inroads in this area. There are two or three, for example, on Newbury Street in Boston, that a girl could die for. But most US suburbs have these in spades, you just have to suck up your courage and go in.

Best, Christine