Thread: New and upcoming adventures!

New and upcoming adventures!

Hi all,

My wife took my daughter to my parent's a few days ago and is spending some time there and with some friends across the country. That leaves me at home alone for 2.5 weeks. After a couple days being too busy to do any dressing, including having to host a big party for my office at my house, today I got to hit the town! Pics at my flickr site.

After I exhausting myself on a long run it took me forever to get ready. It was probably a new record length with all the shaving required first. The only other item of note was that I used lip gloss on top of my lipstick for the first time and I really liked it. After what seemed like forever I was off; first stop Goodwill. I tried on a quite a bit including a lot of shorts since it was 85 in Denver today! I don't own any women's shorts and still didn't after this trip since they all seemed unflattering on me. I did end up with a great skirt and a couple of tops for $10.

The next stop was Kohl's (you can see a few pics at the link). I got way more there than I expected. Their clearance racks were overflowing, mostly with sweaters, dresses, and sweater-dresses. I did pick up a sweater dress for the first time and think it should be a lot of fun to wear. I also had to sing by the intimates section where I got a pleasant surprise. A few months ago I got a great white bra that holds forms perfectly and does a decent job helping to create cleavage. I was able to find two of it in my size (in black and red) on the clearance rack! Score. I also Picked up a few pairs of panties, a cami, some grey tights to go with the dress, a pair of earrings for $2, and a purse so I can stop borrowing my wife's.

Last stop was the grocery store for a couple of new eyebrow pencils, a razor, and some q-tips. Not terribly exciting, but a huge change for me. I never would have imagined doing this just a few short months ago and especially not close to home. It's amazing how the confidence can just start rolling, but so many speed bumps are still out there. Most of the bumps seem to involve me being sure my beard shadow is showing clear as day.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of going out looking for a new wig and Friday will be my first time out to actually meet other people! (Thanks to my wife for telling me to go do this) The real challenge will be getting home from work early enough on Friday to get ready to go out AND quell the butterflies I expect to be madly working their way around my stomach. After that, who knows? I'll still have a week to come up with something. Hopefully everything goes well.

Thanks to everyone here for all the encouragement and kind words I've received!

-Bree

Bree, it looks like you had a really fun time! I love the dresses you picked out and they look great on you. I don't believe I've ever set foot inside of a Kohl's, but I'll make it a point to pop by there while I'm out and about tomorrow (drab errands).

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Really like your dresses too! Kohl's is nice. Pennies and Target are two of my favorites.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Bree
    I hope you bought that red dress it looked great on you . A lot of the cloths looked great somethnig about the red dress told me it was perfect for you. Connie

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a blast! Loved your Flickr pics.

Well I made it out again today and got a new wig. I think it looks pretty good and it was a good experience picking it out. I also stopped at another Goodwill and got a few more things. Prada is a good brand to find at Goodwill, right?

Pics will be on the Flickr site later tonight.

I really like the red dress with the scoop neck, it looks good on you. But I love those cargo pants, I was eyeing a pair similiar to those a while back but didn't buy them. I may have to see if I can find them again, You look good and look like you had fun.

I think I may have the same red long sleeve dress. It is one of my favorites, very flattering and a little sexy

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    But I love those cargo pants, I was eyeing a pair similiar to those a while back but didn't buy them. I may have to see if I can find them again, You look good and look like you had fun.
    I'm glad someone else likes those pants. I love 'em but my wife was not a fan and really didn't like the flowers on the cuff. I think they're just the right amount of cute.

Anyways pics from today's outing are up at this link. Now I have more decisions to make when it comes to hairstyle. I'm not sure if that's good or bad since it's more chances to pick wrong and probably adds ten minutes to getting dressed. I'll get over it!

Some great pictures there Bree! Looks like you're going to have some quality girl time!

It's so nice to get some girl time, it looks like you are making the most of your that's great. I love Kohl's too they have great deals. I've only shoped in drab I would love to try things on before you buy them. I love all the pics.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Pictures look great! Hopefully this weekend my wife and I will have a chance to go shopping together and I can get a few more outfits.

Platinum Member
    Bree, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time out this weekend. Do you have any local friends, TG or otherwise, to hang out with?

I'm headed to a meetup of the MileHigh TG meetup group for the first time. Since I move so often, all my other friends in the area are work related, so not much of a chance they'll ever see this part of me!

2.5 weeks? Oh gosh.. to die for! Make the most of it! Although it looks like you are!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings