Thread: Question For The Muscular Girls Out There

Question For The Muscular Girls Out There

So I'm a muscular crossdresser, which isn't a very good combination. I'm 5'8" weigh about 200 lbs wear a size 46 men's suit jacket and have a 29 inch waist and compete in powerlifting with the USAPL. That's great as a guy, but I am really self consious about my build when it comes to going out dressed. So yesterday I made a discovery that really boosted my self esteem. I had just gotten my first pair of padded panties, I put them on with a black knit pencil skirt that I hadn't tried before (my wife's she supports my dressing and let's me borrow her clothes to suppliment my wardrobe) with the padded panties my normally masculine butt looked curvy, and my big legs that normally throw off my look whenever I wear leggings or skinny jeans blended right into the curvy butt I was thrilled, for the first time my lower body looked feminine!

Second discovery was that she has a black short jacket with no shoulder pads. I put that on with the skirt, a black tank top under it, and red heels, and it worked! My shoulders just made me look like a girl wearing a jacket with shoulder pads, and the slimming effect of the black sleeves made my arms look a lot smaller and more feminine. My wife was home and helped with the outfit and agreed that this is the closest to a physique that could pass for a female that I've gottten. So it was a huge success! I think ill do the look again and go out on good Friday sincee I've got the day off ill take and post pics then.

So my question is to all the other girls out there with muscluar builds that make it hard to achieve a good femme look what are your favorite tricks outfits/tricks to downplay things like arms, wide back, shoulders, and big legs?

Hi .

We are all shaped differently so , height 5, 9 . weight 11 stone = 154 lbs. bust 41 in.= 16 d, waist line 34 ins.= size 16 hips39 ins. shoes women 11 kiwi, dont know your sizeing's,

Jos has said & does , i have lovely facial skin & hardly any wrinkles oliveskin thinks my legs are pretty good & over all a good look. really she does not like me because i look better than her. im 64 she is 60. she does like / love me just she knows me to well after 37 years,
    hey i dont have it all just a few things,

...noeleena...

V neck to move the eyes away from the shoulders, long sleeves always, long drapier jewelry. If you can wear them, and alas I cannot, high heels to make your legs look longer and thinner. Actually, you can look on line and get great tips that GGs use. Not all women are skinny models.

Well, I can tell you that a lot of GGs have to utilize "tools" to get the feminine physique that they want. Welcome to the club! I'd be in a world of hurt without my push-up bra.

I also get concerned with the "too buff" look...I'm doing pilates to get toned without packing on girth. But, you know, looking healthy and fit goes a long way. There are plenty of really attractive, really fit women out there.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Sweety I play rollerderby. I go to the gym almost every day. I leg press 765 pounds on the fourth set. The point is I have muscles. Ya get used to having muscles and while it sometimes scares guys I could really care less.

Katie

For the most part, always wear dresses and tops just slightly bigger than what I need. If it doesn't look tight on me, no one seems to notice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Mountain Lass
    Well, I have shoulders like a fly-half (rugby), was very tall, with very large bones and flat-chested.

Best thing is to wear simple, self-coloured clothes, the best quality you can afford. The fabric hangs better and makes you look very well put together.

So stay away from frills, anything low cut and try stretchy fabrics like jersey that move nicely to accentuate what you have.

Shananigans is right, you need accessories that take away the emphasis you feel on your body. If you have a good face and wig ear-rings and a stylish necklace might do the trick. You have to experiment like the rest of us!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    No matter what gender we are, there are very few who find their bodies completely acceptable! That means all of us need to understand our builds and what we can do to enhance the good stuff and minimize that which is less acceptable. It sounds like we are pretty similar proportionally, and I always try to have something verticle on top (necklace or cleavage) to pull the focus from the shoulders. I also tend to longer and not form-fitting sleeves to not show off arm strength or shoulder width.

On the other hand, the narrow waist is a tremendous plus! Adding padding behind has the effect you described, and there are so many compatible clothes using that combination!

Sounds like you are starting to have a lot of fun with it!

Fitted Blazers, jackets or sweaters that are longer and flow over the hips will help create an hourglass figure if you have the right hip/bum padding.
    Slacks and Jeans that are straight leg and a bit fuller will disguise larger legs as will skirts that fall just below the knee. Muscular legs will be highlighted by short skirts.
    Long sleeves are a must as well as hair that is a bit fuller and longer. A page boy cut will draw the eye to the shoulders.
    Skinny jeans and leggings will just accentuate muscular legs.
    Flowing blouses or tunics will drape and not cling. Anything clingy will draw attention to your upper body.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My shoulders and upper arms cause me quite a bit of consternation as well. I often go with a light and open, sweater, shirt, or wrap with full or 3/4 length sleeves. It's a bit of trial and error finding the tops that minimize the look, but you know it when you see it. Hairstyle can also play a big role. If you get a shoulder length, or a bit longer, wig that flows over your shoulders you can minimize the perceived size of your upper body. Good luck!

-Bree

Platinum Member
    I favor dohlman or raglan sleeves with V-neck tops, and wrap or faux wrap tops with at least 3/4 sleeves to cover my shoulders, a nice necklace; usually in darker colored tops. The sleeves help disguise the arms and shoulders, the neckline and necklaces distract the eye of the observer, and wrap tops (or dresses) help give the illusion of a waistline.

I'm not sure but you could try vegetables. It works for Richard! Sorry he came to mind..I'm not well..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Marleena I could have lived a happy and fuffilling life without the Richard Simmons picture now burned into my long term memory.

Back to the original question, when taking pics I have found that tighter fitting clothing tends to cause my bulk to stick out more. I was also told by my wife the bare legged look really will never work for me because I have too many veins bulging out of my legs. I have all but given up on trying to mimimize the muscle I have, and accept I will never be 5'5", 125. Therefore I accept my more hefty build hence my avatar.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    Marleena I could have lived a happy and fuffilling life without the Richard Simmons picture now burned into my long term memory.
    Sorry Jocelyn! lol. I just thought fitness, and bang! My wife has "Deal A Meal". My apologies to the OP.

IThanks for all the helpful tips girls!

I think a big part of it for me will be accepting that I won't pass (at least not as a girl who isnt's a bit "chemically engineered")

I know that for hiding my arms long sleeves are really good but what do you do in the summer? I've always loved the layered spaghetti strap cami look on GGs and smaller CDs but my traps and shoulders totally ruin the look lol

And kate, how did you get into roller derby? They have a team around here and some of their girls train at my gym.

Jocelyn from your avatar your look reminds me of myself, do you go out in tanks and sleveless shirts or do you usually try to cover up your arms/shoulders?

They make thin long sleeve tops and girls are always cold so no one will really pay attention. The biggest thing for me was to get the best look I can and remember that women come in all different shapes and sizes. I found the shoulder pads balance my traps and actually made me look more fem.

Hi, a GG here (but with the shoulders of a football player). Jackets with shawl (rather than notched) collars. Thin overshirts - almost like gauze - in the summer over camis.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I'm not sure but you could try vegetables. It works for Richard! Sorry he came to mind..I'm not well..
    Thanks for an image I'll never get out of my mind!

I wear 3/4 sleaves, full sleaves and in my avatar you can see no sleaves.

Not sure this helps my mind is damaged from seeing that pic Marleens posted!
    Dana Fleming

As a girl with a somewhat muscular build, I second a lot of what has been said here. V neck lines, A line skirts, long sleeves. Darker tops work but I personally think dresses do a better job of unifying your look. Wearing a top that's a different color than the bottom will cut you in half and potentially make someone broad look broader. It's all about creating length. Cool shoes also draw the eyes downward away from the broadness of your shoulders. You're not too tall so you can rock some nice heels. Good luck.
    Hugs,

Zoe

All you can do is what you're doing, more padding, black outfits, dresses, and having your shoulders and arms always being covered. To be honest, with that much muscle, the chances of you passing are slim to none, so just roll with the punches (you know, OWN being a "tough" tranny, and don't let it bother you). I think I look way, way too muscular at 155lbs at your same height and am working to get it down to 115-125lbs, to give a drop of perspective in me saying this.
    Last edited by Sophie_C; 04-03-2012 at 12:31 AM.

A suggestion for the arms....arm warmers, frilly wrist garters, crochet gloves and lace gloves...I love them, and I'm slight, but have a nice arm muscle going...Another thing to consider, your demeanor. Feel the girl. Be the girl. Free your mind, and believe me, your butt will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeSusanne View Post
    Hi, a GG here (but with the shoulders of a football player). Jackets with shawl (rather than notched) collars. Thin overshirts - almost like gauze - in the summer over camis.
    OMG same here... My father gave me the good ol' professional defensive linebacker genes. My mom and dad did not want to know the sex of their baby until delivery. So, as I was popping out, the doctor announced, "Looks like we have another linebacker in the family...oh...wait...it's a girl."

Damn it. No wonder I never really got into football...which, I'm pretty sure not being into football is a sin in Alabama. I like watching football games...because, I like eating hot wings, drinking beer, and being with my friends. But, that's about it...

Having big shoulders only sucks when you are buying really structured tops. I tend to have the full shoulder AND full chest combo, but I fall in pretty narrow at the waist. So, I have to go up a size for the bust...and, then, it's too big around the stomach. But, I also need really long pants...and, my torso is long (most of my tops are too short)...and, my arms are long (a long-sleeved shirt is a 3/4 length shirt on me)...so, I'm all around just kind of awkward to dress. (I did basketball for a while, but I was never quite good at the whole putting a ball through a hoop thing...and, I was slightly scared of a ball being thrown at my face). At some point in your life, you just get over the fact that clothes weren't designed with your body in mind. So, when you find your *brand* that works best for you, it makes everything soooo much sweeter.

I kind of like my shoulders now...they make my waist look much smaller and I got the luck of a really distinct collarbone with them. I didn't know collarbones were *cool* until recently. I never really noticed them, but now I'm happy mine sticks out. (?)

I also have more surface area for my backpack straps, which is an overall plus in my book.

Your body is never going to live up to whatever ideal body is hot for the moment. Big butt, small butt, big boobs, small boobs, rail thin, curvy....it's too hard to keep up with that crap. Rock what you got and you'll probably look better than everyone else in the room.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck