Thread: My first career accomplishment since coming out at work :)

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar

My first career accomplishment since coming out at work :)

I work in outside sales as an advertisement account executive, and am in the faces of every business in 3 counties. Would definitely say that I have a very "public" position. I am positive that I get read by everyone I come in contact with, as I do not have the blessings of surgery or hormones yet. I came out in January, and it has been one of the hardest three month stretches in my life as far as work is concerned. I am almost in tears because I did not expect this bonus this month. Kinda makes it all seem worth it, even though I have to work twice as hard as my coworkers just to keep my head above water. If I keep this up the surgeries and hormones wont be far away!
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Banned Read only
    Sandra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!! Look at you sis!!!
    A huge congratulations!!

Be proud of yourself!
    I'm proud of you!

Julia

Congrats im really proud of you and i know this will inspire all of us girls

Wow...pretty spectacular! I mean really really spectacular!!!

Congrats Sandra. You have every right to be proud of yourself. I know I am proud of you.

Hugs,
    Kristy

Aspiring Member
    That's great Sandra, you deserve it.

Platinum Member
    Congratulations, Sandra! Thats a great accomplishment!

Silver Member
    That is really, really awesome!

Thank you sharing this, it really inspires me and gives me encouragement in how I would like it to go with my own job.

That's fabulous, Sandra!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Silver Member
    Isn't it nice how much you can accomplish without the weight of gender incongruity holding you back? I was awarded nurse of the year at my facility last year.

S

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Wow, that's great! 1000 dollars can buy a bunch of shoes or one really great pair.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Way to rock Sandra. Keep up the good work.

1000 dollars can buy a bunch of shoes or one really great pair.
    Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

Love Rachel

Banned Read only
    Congratulations, Sandra! See, we can do whatever we want to do and survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraAbsent View Post
    If I keep this up the surgeries and hormones wont be far away!
    Your courage and determination are amazing when there are so many that find excuses instead of success. To fully transition in your professional life before even HRT is something I can't even conceive, but I can sure as hell be humbled by it. You are an inspiration lady, and any Trans person that wouldn't agree has got a stone where their heart should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Aspiring Member

You Go Girl

Congratulations Sandra,
    What a great achievement!
    Also a great statement of acceptance from your company.

Good for you!

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

Great to see a girl with such a positive attitude Sandra! Your progress is outstanding and a inspiration all those still hesitating on taking the next step.

Eileen
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!

Banned Read only
    That is tremendous, Sandra! Congratulations! It must be a reassuing and empowering feeling to be recognized and valued for your contributions. Very inspiring!

Congratulations Sandra! You are living your life as you should and being rewarded for it! what else can anyone say?
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Congratulations and good luck. I had a fellow student who came out while he was doing his Ph.D. Those were the days when they insisted that you spend at least six months living as a female before they would begin hormone therapy and then surgery. It was tough for him as he had to earn money as a teaching assistant in undergraduate classes but he persisted, got his degree and went to work in the mining industry. Now that was in the 1970's and miners are a tough bunch but he survived and thrived and so will you.

Congrats on the wonderful work!!!!

Congratulations, Sandra!
    It must be a great feeling. I wish you the best on your journey.

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Thanks everyone, it was a real exciting day for me yesterday. But as always in sales, no one cares about what you did yesterday so its back to the grind today. Lets see if this girl can do it back to back quarters.

That is really, really awesome!

Thank you sharing this, it really inspires me and gives me encouragement in how I would like it to go with my own job.
    I really believe in the old saying "Wherever you go, there you are," so its all what you make it sometimes. From the time I first approached my employer to the time it actually happened seemed like months of preparation. If I were to ever advise someone on this subject, I would say take your time and make sure its well thought out and planned first, but who the heck am I to be giving advice?

Your courage and determination are amazing when there are so many that find excuses instead of success. To fully transition in your professional life before even HRT is something I can't even conceive, but I can sure as hell be humbled by it. You are an inspiration lady, and any Trans person that wouldn't agree has got a stone where their heart should be.
    My lot in life dictates that I cannot do anything medically right now. It was either do something about it or go insane or dead. I am a lot happier now and everyone that is around me in my day to day life notices, and comments on it. I think I am incredibly lucky that I am not cursed with some of the typical things appearance wise that a lot of girls have to endure. With that being said, I still feel I get read every day. So...where ever I go, there I am. I either deal with it or I dont. Dealing with it feels a hella lot beter though.
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Congratulations Sandra, getting that bonus and award is awesome and seeing your real name on it must be priceless!

Congratulations Sandra!

You are an inspiration to us all.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

I do come late to this thread but hon, what an accomplishment and strength to face the day without HRT and surgical intervention. And not only deal with basics but be out there fighting for every aspect of survival. I am so proud to call you sister and you are an inspiration to me, because I am not that strong and simply could not do what you have accomplished so far and that's just the beginning, WOW! LUV, Inna