Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's not easy being transgendered (from a different POV)

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Here's another POV for u, Marleena.
    AT LEAST, you're one of the squeeky clean TGs here! And, not one of the unwashed untouchables like me! The universally despised "fetish CDs"!
    That means u can tell folks about your "condition" honestly. Without mentioning any "dirty details" as I would have to do to be completely honest!

Despite how that may sound, I'm NOT complaining, just explaining! I don't even feel like I'm a TG. Which means dressing is all about having FUN! Considering the terrible suffering some TG/TSs experience, I wouldn't trade places for all the Tea in China! Because for some TGs, FUN is the LAST way they would describe their dressing lives!
    Sorry but you're wrong Sherry. None of us are squeaky clean in the public's eye.

You poke fun at yourself and that must help you deal with it, you are okay with it. I'm okay with me finally, but they aren't okay with us. We are all TG and that makes us different from people who aren't TG. Being different can scare people who don't understand us. They can't know the emotional struggles we go through to accept ourselves unless they were TG. That was the whole purpose of this thread. Best part is everybody has a skeleton in their closet whether they are TG or not. Maybe it's the fear of the unknown of people that are different. A little less judgement and a little more understanding can work wonders.
    Last edited by Marleena; 04-04-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Jess you seem to be one of the few lucky ones that doesn't seem to have any obstacles with family, wife, the public, etc. Was it this easy for you growing up TG too? Or is this something unique to the over 50 group having problems?
    It would have been so nice if I had done this sooner, but alas, it's an after 50 thing! I wife has always known, but I never really acted on it, what with kids, career family as such. But once the kids were in college, all of our parents passed, My job, well I've been self employees for 17 years, so it's not an issue! Anyway it was just time. And yes, I really know that I am one of the lucky ones. I really just want anyone out there to know that it's not impossible, it can happen. I would have never in a million years believed I could have this life just 2 years ago. So now my only regret is not doing this sooner!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really don't understand why you think anyone who is "normal" would think that being anything other than "normal" would be easy let alone easier than what they currently are? Being human isn't easy... Being different is less easy... The only thing that's easy in this life is being dead... So If life were easy we'd all be dead? Lol.

Disclaimer: when Karrens says someone is being "normal" she doesn't alternately imply that anyone else is not normal or abnormal... Karren doesn't condone death, dying, or taking ones life... Though "easy".... Death is so over rated!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Sorry but you're wrong Sherry. None of us are squeaky clean in the public's eye.

You poke fun at yourself and that must help you deal with it, you are okay with it. I'm okay with me finally, but they aren't okay with us. We are all TG and that makes us different from people who aren't TG. Being different can scare people who don't understand us. They can't know the emotional struggles we go through to accept ourselves unless they were TG. That was the whole purpose of this thread. Best part is everybody has a skeleton in their closet whether they are TG or not. Maybe it's the fear of the unknown of people that are different. A little less judgement and a little more understanding can work wonders.
    Of course, Marleena! You're absolutely rite! Based on my meetings with TG/ CD/TSs, there's absolutely no basis for the public to fear and/or despise us as they do!

But, I'm getting to the point where I don't care so much about the vanilla public as I do what I think of MYSELF! What's WORSE than being despised or ridiculed out in public? Or, that your family/friends reject your dressing? It's NOT accepting your dressing YOURSELF! I often think of the TIME and ENERGY I spend, (waste?), on dressing and Sherry.

Altho it's so much fun, I'm just not able to shake the feelings of guilt!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    It would have been so nice if I had done this sooner, but alas, it's an after 50 thing! I wife has always known, but I never really acted on it, what with kids, career family as such. But once the kids were in college, all of our parents passed, My job, well I've been self employees for 17 years, so it's not an issue! Anyway it was just time. And yes, I really know that I am one of the lucky ones. I really just want anyone out there to know that it's not impossible, it can happen. I would have never in a million years believed I could have this life just 2 years ago. So now my only regret is not doing this sooner!
    Well Jess my wife and I agreed not to divulge my being transgendered so I'm not sure sure how it would work out for me. I will come clean if anybody asked though. The majority of people have problems with friends and family, etc. so you are lucky.

I wish I had accepted myself sooner too but repressed it all. Now it's time to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Of course, Marleena! You're absolutely rite! Based on my meetings with TG/ CD/TSs, there's absolutely no basis for the public to fear and/or despise us as they do!

But, I'm getting to the point where I don't care so much about the vanilla public as I do what I think of MYSELF! What's WORSE than being despised or ridiculed out in public? Or, that your family/friends reject your dressing? It's NOT accepting your dressing YOURSELF! I often think of the TIME and ENERGY I spend, (waste?), on dressing and Sherry.

Altho it's so much fun, I'm just not able to shake the feelings of guilt!
    Get rid of the guilt Sherry! Enjoy yourself, life is too short. If it feels good and makes you happy, just do it. I am.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    .....And yes, I really know that I am one of the lucky ones. I really just want anyone out there to know that it's not impossible, it can happen. I would have never in a million years believed I could have this life just 2 years ago. So now my only regret is not doing this sooner!
    Jesse, I have to admit, I have it relatively easy compared to many of the Forum's members. Being self-employed and working predominantly from home, I've a degree of freedom that not everyone can experience. And like you, I have been able to experience things I couldn't have imagined possible not too many years before. It definately is possible, if the stars align properly... but to paraphrase the Bard, the possibilities, dear Jesse, is not in our stars, but in ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Jesse, I have to admit, I have it relatively easy compared to many of the Forum's members. Being self-employed and working predominantly from home, I've a degree of freedom that not everyone can experience. And like you, I have been able to experience things I couldn't have imagined possible not too many years before. It definately is possible, if the stars align properly... but to paraphrase the Bard, the possibilities, dear Jesse, is not in our stars, but in ourselves...
    Kim, if the stars ever align between east Texas and Dallas, let me know, my group is very active and there is always something going on, we would love to have you join us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]