Thread: Bit of a Weight Lifted

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar

Bit of a Weight Lifted

This is a rough follow up to my "Mistakes Were Made...." thread i posted a while ago.

Pretty much I have a friend who has tried crossdressing, but he only done it because his partner at the time "offered" something if he did. He has always been very open about it and really doesn't care what happens.

No we haven't known each other long, but occasionally I would bring up a joke about it, though not in just a normal joke. It was more of a joke to try make myself believe that I wasn't a CDer, I was very much in denial about it. Pretty much due to this site and another website have shown me that it is somewhat “normal” (like there is such a thing as normal for humans). So since I have chose to embrace my Cding rather than repel it I realised all the “bad jokes”, which he took as jokes, were in really bad taste and it slowly ate away at me.

To make a long story short, I apologised for the jokes, the look of confusion on his face was expected, he had no idea what I was apologising for. I pretty much explained that at least 90% of the jokes were me fighting my own insecurity with myself.

So I pretty much opened up to him on that A) it was something I felt I done wrong and B) if he didn't leave early when I was last drinking then he would have found out then. We are both still friends and the number of people who now know has risen to 6 that I have told openly.

I am still debating whether to tell my best friend or not, I have no clue currently how he would react so currently its a “don't tell” situation.

Guessing now I can dress up a bit more now haha Thanks for reading and any comments left.

S_D

Platinum Member
    I know the feeling. I'm sure each of us has uttered regrettable remarks to create a smoke screen for our own behavior.

Have you attempted to test the waters with your best friend. For example, just randomly bring up the topic of crossdressing in conversation and see how he responds. I would definitely recommend testing the waters first.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar
    There has been a few times that I tried but either he has been drinking a fair bit(yet he looks sober) or he just doesn't show any signs. He did outright ask me once, after one too many drinks that he had, if I did but due to some of the other company around I denied it as I wasn't ready to share it with all my friends.

I have sometimes wondered about some of my friends but of course no one talks about it and I myself would deny it, although I have supported other issues for other people. I constantly preach that I don't care what you do at home as long as you don't bring it to work.