Thread: A good morning experience

Platinum Member

A good morning experience

I had another positive experience this morning. For the record, I was waring a finely striped, v neck T-top with three-quarter sleeves, white knit jeans (both from from Coldwater Creek) and sandals. I looked about as good as I'm able to.

I had to return an item to the drycleaner that mistakenly been included in our stuff. After that errand, I ran over to Bed Bath and Beyond to see if I could get a replacement gasket for our blender (it had a big, messy blow out, but that's another story).

While at BBand Beyond, an SA, about 5'5", attractive and nicely made up, perhaps in her late 30's/early 40's, approached me from behind and said, "Miss, can I help you find something?" I explained what I needed - and they don't carry parts. But she did take another moment to find an 800 number for replacement parts. During our entire exchange, I spoke in something approaching a feminine voice, but despite my various tells and making a lot of eye contact, I never for one moment got any impression that she questioned my gender. She was either very good at hiding her surprise or curiosity, but its also possible that I actually passed this one time.

Thats awesome Kim hopefully you got the part you needed too. Sometimes it's cheaper just to buy a new blender
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Wow Kim

That is a wonderful way to start the day. They are truly special moments----the kind we never get enough of. Rock On!!

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

Just think that must meen your geting better looking everyday ,, What do you exspect ,, Your moving more an more towards being a lady not a man so the more you do the more you will get in return ,, Dont be so surprized ,,, Our KIM is growing into a lady ,,,How time flys .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

But will you be able to get the part?

Isn't it amazing how good you feel after such an experience?
    Hugs, Carole

Ahhh more nice stories! Bravo Kim!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Wonderful experience, either way. Either she is fine with who you are, or you are getting better looking all the time. Win . Win.
    I hope you get the part, it's always a bummer when you cant get a part that should be replaceable.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I think that a lot of people don't go into the OMG look or feel when they encounter us, some do though. I like to think that most are genuinely there to do their job and help.
    Dana Ryan

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    I think that a lot of people don't go into the OMG look or feel when they encounter us, some do though. I like to think that most are genuinely there to do their job and help.
    No, the the OMG look - I can usually pick out just a little extra twinkle in the eye, a knowing smile and sometimes maybe a slightly affected way of saying "ma'm or miss". But you're probably right - she may just have been focused on doing her job.

Silver Member
    It's that extra confidence boost you got from reaching 6000 posts, Kim!

That and sterling presentation!

Lea
    Lea

Platinum Member
    6012!!!! I cant imagine! That wasn't a goal but a better presentation certainly has been.