Thread: The differences in feelings

The differences in feelings

I'm learning a lot about being more aware of my feelings lately and I thought I'd try to put that same logic towards my dressing. To see what the differences are from when I express my femininity vs my masculinity. I have no idea what I'm about to type but I'm going to just let it flow. I'll pull a few adjectives from the various feeling words sheets I've acquired and add a few of my own.

Just a little background on me. I don't identify as a woman and don't try to pretend to be one (nothing wrong with that though, we all express ourselves differently), I simply am being true to myself and learning to not throw up my "man shield" at the very thought of feminine expression. I'm still the same man inside whether I'm dressed or not.

I don't feel all of these feelings all of the time, they're just a list of feelings that I have while dressed in either expression.

Dressed "en femme":

Positive Feelings:

Honest - Happy - Joy - Satisfied - Brave - Adventurous
    Free - Friendly - Open - Caring - Excited - Fascinated
    Hopeful - Loved - Bold - Determined - Loving - Confident
    Comfortable - Healthy - Refreshed - Relaxed - Secure
    Wonderful - Adequate

Negative Feelings:

Criticized - Disrespected - Insulted - Invalidated - Labeled
    Mocked - Aggressive - Resented - Disapproved of - Ignored
    Misunderstood - Rejected - Unsupported - Guilty - Judged
    Unwanted - Defensive - Suspicous - Stereotyped

Dressed in "guy mode:

Positive Feelings:

Accepted - Fine - Happy - Positive - Proud - Satisfied
    Active - Powerful - Good - Loved - Content - Confident
    Comfortable - Healthy - Secure - Solid

Negative Feelings:

Resentful - Inhibited - Forced - Obligated - Over-Ruled
    Pressured - Restricted - Aggressive

Gold Member
    Since I stay in the closet as it where; My biggest fear is that someone other than My wife
    will find out about my dressing, and then I will louse all the respect I have earned over
    the years. I wish society was more forgiving about who wears what.
    Rader

Well my feelings are pretty much balanced Hon. Most of the things that would seem to generate negative ones are what others may perceive but that is basically their own opinion. When you are comfortable in your own skin, regardless of presentation, there isn't too much negative really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Its a good exercize. I think most people, but particularly men, tend to be less emotionally intelligent, meaning less attentive to their underlying emotional state and less attentive to that of others.

I really do try to be the same person, regardless of how I happen to be dressed. I probably do feel a bit happier and more positive when I'm dressed, and I need to learn to not feel slightly deprived when I can't dress.

I hear ya there. I am a highly decorated combat arms soldier. I'm retired now but once a scout always a scout. I have the purple heart 4 times and awarded the bronze star. I was in a lot of intense situations that I handled with a cool head and not much fear, but the idea of people close to me other than my fiance finding out terrifies me.
    Scouts Out

My feelings don't dramatically change with my clothes.... Only my looks.... Funny too but a fellow coworker told me this morning "you have to be the happiest worker in this entire company"... Even after getting our retiree medical whacked!

I'm just a positive person... Even when I'm "pretending to be a woman"!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

That would be my question.
    How can "male" clothes make you feel all those negative feelins when "girl" clothes change you so drastically.
    Why aren't you happy or sad ect no matter what you are wearing ?

Sincerely,
    Presh

The negative feelings I have are based on the feelings or opinions of those around me. It's not myself that feels that way, I'm comfortable no matter what I'm wearing. I know that I'm allowing others to dictate my feelings and I need to work on that. It would be easy for me to say I don't care what others think but that's not entirely true. I care how people I care about feel.