Thread: Small Town Security

Silver Member

Small Town Security

So, has everyone seen the new AMC show "Small Town Security"? It features a transgendered FtM. He's a major character on the show and discusses his situation openly. He talks about taking testosterone, binding his breasts, and wearing a prosthetic penis. The character's name is Dennis Croft. I don't know the actor who plays him.

He transitioned "on the job" and in Episode 1 he talks about the problems other characters have in getting his pronouns correct and remembering to call him Denis. Everyone seems to accept the change except the "Chief" who owns the company. She has trouble accepting Denis.

TG is definately making inroads into contemporary society. Let's hope it continues.

Stephenie

PS. You can watch both Episode 1 and Episode 2 on line at AMC TV.
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 07-24-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: additions

Dennis is not an actor; this is a "reality show" based on a real security company in rural Georgia. This is about his real life-or at least as real as reality shows ever get.

I tried watching an episode, but just could not. Not because of how they treated Dennis, but because it's a truly stupid show.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I will have to check it out.

Silver Member
    Yeah. I thought it was a comedy, like that other silly one where the guy wears short-shorts on the job.

I had no idea that STS was a reality show. I thought it was a mocumentary like "Best in Show". If it was really a reality show it was kind sad.

S

Denis is a real person and it's a reality show. I watch it every week and have found it quite good. The "chief" has Parkinson's and is getting worse. It is clear that Denis is in love with her, but she is married. It is a story of unrequited love and a security business. Oh, and the Chief's husband is a hoarder. It's got all kinds of twists and turns.
    Define "normal"