Thread: Little devils.......................bless

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar

Little devils.......................bless

I was at work today, delivering peoples shopping to their doors, when a group of lads gathered watching me. I took no notice, its hardly uncommon, then one of them said "you know you look like a girl AND you,ve got long hair".....I replied sarcasticly that I had,nt noticed.

Now I know it was almost certainly meant as an insult, but I thought what if he meant it, and he thought I did look like a girl???, either way it made my day

Has anyone a similar experience????

Platinum Member
    No similar experiences, but I did think it might have been fun to say, "I know, but thank you anyway!"

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I would have treated them to ice cream............lol
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Most girls round these parts still have long hair Stephnie

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    No similar experiences, but I did think it might have been fun to say, "I know, but thank you anyway!"
    You know I nearly did Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    I would have treated them to ice cream............lol
    With the snow we,ve had ....lol, I did watch one of his mates nick an Easter Egg outa the corner of my eye, and let him think he had gotta away with it before I snatched it back

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    With the snow we,ve had ....lol, I did watch one of his mates nick an Easter Egg outa the corner of my eye, and let him think he had gotta away with it before I snatched it back
    .....ohh,,,,maybe they would`ve liked some cigs,,,or maybe a pint....
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All the time. I live in a housing development where the garages face each other served by an alley that the kids ride their bikes up and down. Sunny days I like to tinker on my Jeep and the kids are always asking me if I'm a boy or girl to their mothers mortification. Usually I ask them what they think I am and watch the wheels go round and round waiting for them to spit out an answer like a receipt from a register. It's hilarous but I'm sure it freaks out the parents because I'm already the center of the rumor mill vortex in the neighborhood and they wish I would just disappear. Impossible to be invisible when you live on the fringe but better that than hating life.

Same thing happen to me I swear ,,, An the kid said you look like a girl with a whole bunch of people standing right there ,,,An ya know me I said without missing a beat,,, THANX,,,,,,,, I try my best ,,About time someone noticed !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Same thing happen to me I swear ,,, An the kid said you look like a girl with a whole bunch of people standing right there ,,,An ya know me I said without missing a beat,,, THANX,,,,,,,, I try my best ,,About time someone noticed !
    Yeah I know ya would

My hair is getting long again... my neighbor said I look like my wife from the back...I was about 15 feet away so I just smiled like I had no clue what she said and carried on... Otherwise, I just say its my winter coat. I'll have to cut it soon just to be practical, but I'm actually starting to like it. ...I really don't like comments from anyone about my appearance...kids I try to think of something funny to say or I pretend they said somethng else and give a way different answer...like you look like a girl...answer, its about 3 doors down the hall to the left.
    Chickie

Just yesterday my wife and I had to go to a specialty shop and we were greeted as we were getting out of our car by "Good morning girls, how are you today"? I know my wife was furious because I have longish hair. I ignored her comments and pretended I didn't hear them. I'm sorry but I don't think I can be mistaken for a 'girl'.