Thread: Finally got some new clothes

Finally got some new clothes

I did a little shopping today for the first time in...well...ever really. I did it at my work when I got off so I could use my discount just told a white lie and said I was shopping for a "friend's birthday" (not even a very good lie ha). Was still super nervous about it, didn't try anything on, and kinda rushed. I got a pair of heels to practice walking in, and a cute black top. My skirt didn't fit when I got home, neither did one of the 2 pair of jeans I bought.
    Side story, I'm checking out and the woman behind me says "All you're buying is skirts heels and a purse?" I fed her my line about the birthday to which she responded "There's always a friend, we all know they're for you." Then the two ladies behind her kind of giggled. My heart jumped into my throat (keep in mind I'm at my place of business) but then she smiled and laughed. My confidence returned as i realized she was just messing with me so I smiled back and said in an over exaggerated hush hush whisper "Shhh, don't tell anybody, you'll blow my cover!" I don't know if she really thought they were for me or not, but either way, it went well I thought.
    Sidenote, I've never been a jean person, but the pair that does fit is quite nice and seeing as how my gaff isn't here yet the jeans do a great job of "hiding things". Also, I have got to get a wig and some forms to accent the top, it just looks...flat (obviously).
    Also, bought a purse, never owned one before, don't really have anything to put in it.
    I'm ready for my GG friend to show/help me with some make up things and I need a tan, but for a beginner step? I'll take it.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Gotta love shopping! And don't worry the purse will fill up with a bunch of stuff you don't need all on it's own, mine always does!

And humor always works wonders in a potentially awkward situation, great comeback!

Platinum Member
    Its a good start. Might be a good idea to bring along your GG. friend so you can get help putting together some outfits.

May 12th, we're gonna spend a weekend some place away from my home city. Shop, work on make-up, continue to plan and work towards my ultimate goal of getting out in public.

Gold Member
    I hope you have a ball. That was a nice story. What I like about joking around in that kind of situation is that it almost always lightens the mood. Even if the person is trying to call you out (rare), then it relaxes you some so you don't just tighten up. Always a good tool to have in your back pocket.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    You made the mistake of not trying on the clothes before you bought them, now you have to take back the clothes that don't fit and your story about them being a gift is kind of blown. I always try on the clothes as well as the shoes so in your case you need to go to a different store and forget the discount, trust me it is so much fun to actually try the clothes on and know what you are getting.
    I want to be this girl!