Thread: MACorama

MACorama

Well, I'm back after a six month hiatus, so yesterday was spa day! Facial, nails, hair and, of course, off to MAC for a makeover. Things have changed a touch; some of my SA's have moved on, but there are of course fantastic new ones. My MAC has new management that requires a $50 purchase for all makeovers (used to be complimentary during the week). No problem - I bought the lashes I wore out, eye liner, lip liner and lipstick. Pricey, but it's the good stuff, and I'm worth it

My new SA's worked tag team, advising me I was a rockstar and getting the Madonna treatment, that was fun!

Important - the makeover tipping issue has been discussed on this forum but I hadn't seen a definitive answer, so I asked. My SA said they were allowed to take tips. When I pressed, she said most of her customers tipped although it absolutely wasn't necessary, and 10% was the norm.

Hugs, Michelle

Yay, Michelle!
    I've had makeup done by SA's at MAC and the Dermablend counter at Macy's, but not a full makeover, it was mostly matching foundation & powder.....gonna wait till I'm done with beard laser & electro before I'm totally cleaned out by mid summer before I do any photos of me sitting in a chair at MAC.
    I'm a guy, why do I do it? .......I dunno, I'm a girl, I guess.

Great information. Thank you!
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Six months is just too long to stay away, I feel like i hardly know you.......Wait, I've only been here a little over 4 months....nevermind.

Glad you are back, and so good to see you entering in such grand style. you are worth it, and you are a rock star. Hope you will stay around.

Barbara
    Last edited by Barbara Ella; 04-04-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: cant count from November to April
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    Going to a spa on the first day back after 6 months of down time? How are you feeling today Michelle? Floating just a bit?

Glad to see you back! I hope all is well.

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle, glad to hear that you're back! Now I feel bad....I spent $300 at MAC last time I was there, but I didn't think to tip the SAs....well, I'll give them double next time!

Kim, not to worry...I also asked Christian (I'm sure you know who he is) if they were on commission. He said no, but they have monthly quotas they need to make, so you definitely helped out.

Our favorite MAC counter is under new management, that's why the complimentary weekday makeovers have been discontinued...Hugs, Michelle