Thread: Why do we dress?

Why do we dress?

What makes us do it? Is it the fact that we want to be a woman? Sometimes I want nothing more than to switch sides. Could I live as a woman? Not sure. What I do know is that when I become Jenna, this feeling overcomes me of pure joy. I lose all touch with my male self and fell completely fem. As I write this I am sitting here in a cute lace bodystocking with my nails polished and my face made up, and there is no place I would rather be. I want to put on a nice dress and run out to the world and say, "look at me world! This is who I am from the inside out! Accept me as a woman!

I feel the same way as you do. I dress because it gives me a feeling of completeness. I feel I should have been born female and this is about the closest I will ever get. I too am dressed fully, I would love to stay this way and really hate it when I have to change back.

Silver Member
    I don't think I ever wanted to be a woman, but I always wanted to be able to dress as one. Growing up I didn't know that there were others like me and didn't understand the difference between looking like a woman and being one. I knew I liked girls and not guys, but couldn't understand the attraction to femininity. Maybe I still don't. I do like to go out and wear pretty things. Maybe being out and about, sitting with friends at a restaurant, or shopping, gives me the gender social needs I crave.

1. It's fun getting dressed up.
    2. I like it.
    3. I feel "comfortable" wearing womens clothes and I "like" the way I look.

I am not an exhibitionist and care little if anyone "sees" me but also the activities that I like doing I like to also do them dressed, i.e. going out to dinner, shopping etc.
    I don't "feel" a noticable difference between dressed male or female. I just like to feel happy, whether that is with a dress on or shirt and pants depends on my whim at the time.
    I would rather the world accepted me as me without needing a gender label.

The image I create is the personification of the person I feel myself to be, it is wearing my heart not on my sleeve but with my sleeve. The world defined femininity for me and I found their definition inside me so I complete it's expression and in turn feel complete by becoming what I was meant to be. I accept the wisdom of the many.

Why Do I Dress?

Simple,it is part of who I am.

I had no choice in the matter.

I did not make a conscious decision to dress it just happened.

Hope this makes sense.

Dressing helps to makes me feel more like who I am or who I want to be at a specific time. This works the same for masculine or feminine dressing. Someone recently used the term "third sex" or "third gender" and I said to myself "hey! that's who I am most of the time". Dressing helps me move from the middle to more masculine or more feminine as I need to. On top of that dressing is alot of fun and It makes me feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Why Do I Dress?

Simple,it is part of who I am.

I had no choice in the matter.

I did not make a conscious decision to dress it just happened.

Hope this makes sense.
    That makes perfect sense to me Vicky. I couldn't have put it in any better terms myself.