Thread: Freedom to dress

Freedom to dress

For those that don't know, my situation when I'm not at uni is something like this: I get the opportunity to dress at home every night if I want it (my family retires early), but I have to be quiet and I stay in my room in case I meet anyone going to the bathroom on the landing, or someone gets up etc. This makes it decidedly less special, and whilst it's nice to have the option I very often don't take it as it sometimes seems more hassle than it's worth!

Today I woke up to find the house empty, with my parents out on a walk. They left a note but didn't specify when they'd be back, and since I'm very cautious I've spent the last few hours having a pretty normal day. Just now though, my parents phoned to say they were going to be home later than planned, in fact a full 2 hours from the phone call. So, with the time stamp I needed, I naturally ran upstairs and threw on a bra, panties and one of my favourite dresses! I feel so much more alive - not only am I more awake than when I normally dress but I'm free to move around the house as I please. I'm currently sitting here making maths revision notes and even that doesn't seem a chore - every time I have to stand up to get more notes I get to feel the dress swishing around my thighs.

Times like these do make me wish I hadn't left my heels and newer clothes at uni though!

Platinum Member
    Enjoy this brief oppportunity. But also, look forward to the day when you'll have a place of your own, and can dress as you see fit.

Gah! Just my luck that my brother should randomly come home ridiculously early. Thankfully I moved quickly enough to get changed and put everything away, but he did come upstairs to find my bedroom door closed (and, had he listened, probably could've heard me frantically changing!). He didn't say anything though, and went out again once my parents got back and said nothing to them. Hopefully this just blows over (though I've got no idea what he must've thought).

Seems your post was somehow prophetic, Scarlet. I was planning to stop a full half hour before my parents were due back for safety, but of course my brother managed to come home about 15 minutes before even then. Even with all the precautions it seems I still can't dress risk-free. Makes me look forward to that day you mentioned, kimdl!

God, that's put a real dampener on my day. Ironic that I chose the title 'freedom to dress' and found myself on a mad dash to hide everything. Freedom, indeed!

Platinum Member
    Aint that just the way it goes?

Ahhh The rush from doing something you might get caught at!! Almost makes going out enfemme unexciting. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Does the main door have a latch, you could always say you do it when your upstairs, my neighbours all lock the doors leaving the key in security they say
    Hugs & Kisses

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Oh to be twenty again and societal views changing as they are. How would your parents respond if they "caught you" all dressed up? It will happen someday so you need to plan for it. If you can see your crossdressing as a big part of your life going forward just maybe you would be happier if you got "caught". Just my humble opinion, I really wish that I had done a poorer job of hiding my crossdressing when I was twenty.
    I want to be this girl!

Escaping from the closet Carla Stevens's Avatar
    I know the feeling Emily.
    I live with my retired father & opportunities to dress are limited & I'm always on edge with the worry of my father coming home early.
    Even when I go out to a regular CD'ers gathering at a CD'ing shop in Bolton which gives me a safe place to dress, there's always questions from my father as to where I'm going, when I'll be back etc. If I manage to get out of the house without the questions, I just get the 'Spanish Inquisition' when I get home.
    I need to win the lottery so I can get a place of my own.
    “I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a WOMAN in it.” Marilyn Monroe

The views & opinions expressed in the above post are those of the author.
    Anyone acting on any information contained within the post does so entirely at their own risk.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar
    I know the feeling. I currently have a full nurse outfit.

Its been worn for like 20 mins due to not knowing when people are going to be back.

Pretty much wore it and my thigh high boots upstairs to my sisters room then back down before changing.

Need to do it again, I need to learn to walk better in heels, Haha.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I can relate to Sandra. Did such a good job of hiding my cross dressing in my youth that I did not find it until i was 65.

enjoy what you do when you can do it. Start latching the front door when you are alone, just safer that way and easy to explain, just dont make sure they take a key with them, or you will have to answer why it took you so long to come downstairs and open the door....

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Hey Emily, I know exactly how you feel because about 10 years ago I was in the same situation. I think every girl on here has been there. I got caught a couple of times. It could happen so just be prepared for it in case you do get caught. It's just a shame I didn't admit to it back then. It would have made things so much easier now. I agree with Sandra.

But when you finally get out there on your own and have a place of your own you can feel a lot safer when you do it. My wardrobe has expanded so much since I got a place.