Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I go out.....alone?

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Going out alone does not just mean going out where there is nobody else around. I used to be out most nights - in fact there was a time when, if I was not at work etc, then Sam-antha was out, alone. Years ago. Bars - be careful -, coffee, late night shopping seems fine, but there was none then. Just get it into your pretty little head that girls do go out at night. Certainly not late, but they do go out. Like Alice b says, but do realise that you either must have company if you leave the bar late, or a car with a mobile just round the corner. It is a man's world out there late at night, no matter what it seems like.
    Play along with your wife for the first time, she knows.
    ~Samm

As someone who's making those first tentative forays out as Helen I would suggest, as others have said, places such as all night stores. Most big supermarkets in the UK have recycling facilities and I'm guessing also in the US so if you're not confident of going into the store at least take a walk across the car park and use those, visit a well lit cash dispenser or post a letter. There are a number of little ventures that you can take to build confidence. You at least have the safety cage that is your car close by but again as others have said, no no no to a trip into the woods.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I've gone out alone many times, it's pretty old hat for me.
    I shop and dine anywere/anytime, and buy coffee at Starbucks.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathali...7627537358072/

Though, recently I had a friend who went out en femme with his wife to a wine bar, and was touched and fondled by the owner of the wine bar while his wife was in the ladies room. The owner of the wine bar is gay....but still no excuse.....just not cool.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.

A hard call . Yes I agree with all of you that nr 1 is to be safe. But how many of you remember the run up to going out the first time. = something you want to do but your terrified to do it. So of cause I can understand the choice of a lonely place away from people . The first time I was out I went to a park and walked no more than 100 meters from my car and I live in a very safe country . Of all the deserted places I choose late at night a guy came cycling by on his bike. !!!! OMG that shows that even deserted places there can also be people .so be CAREFULL . Ot seems easier to go to s lonely place bit again ad said why would a GG be there alone they don't do that. Since that evenining I thought what the heck and just went to the local city and walled about . I got a few double takes but nothing I could not handle. I surgest a mall or any of the other places open at night . Yes it will scare you to death to start with but once you have had the first contact, you will find it's not at all that scary + it's safer

Why do we go out ???? it's to fit in, have some fun, and to be seen. Express outselves etc . We all have our reasons to go out but i think the underlieing trend is to be seen . So do what you think is right but be safe and maybe a checkout girl my grin or a waiter give you a funny look in a diner but that is a lot less harmless than getting attacked in a park or stopped by the cops

Thanks to all who responded. I kind of chuckled at the "cops, drunks, and criminals," comment. That was just one giant stereotype. Never in my life have I looked at any woman who was out alone and thought...hmmm...she's "working." I'm just getting back from Easter break, and have been celebrating my wife's birthday tonight. A few drinks, and now tonight is over. I don't drive after drinking anything, so again....I must wait. I will have to aim later in the week as I have work until Friday. Lots of things going on, and just looking for relief. Thanks for the ideas girls! Probably just go for a drive the first time. After all, I can always build on it later.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I like dressing as a woman, I also don't pass,and I restrict my going out to daylight hours only and to places I trust. With that said, It, relives some anxiety my wife has about being shot or beaten up because I dres like a woman. I am at the mall usually when the doors open at 10:00AM and am usually home well before 4:00PM. Being Married I won't go out at night without her. I may be dressed like a woman, but my wife is there and we will have a good time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012