Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much time dressed?

I live alone, so when I'm on this side of my door, I'm in nothing less than panties and bra or a nightgown. Sometimes I'll get into a skirt or dress and heels during the week before or after work but I'm always fully dressed on weekends... unless I have to venture outside, in which case I'm underdressed to some extent.

Not enough!

i don't live alone, and i have part time jobs. which take up alot of my time I used to be able to dress up all night (a good use for my insomnia ) but lately mother has been staying up late, so no more dress up time for me . Until i get my own place, hopefully soon. then i hope it will anytime i'm not required to be clothed as a male

this question is for those, who dress almost everyday and especially for those who dress 24/7.
    what do you identify yourself as? a man who wears women clothes or do you identify as a woman?

I wear girls clothes and girly undies 24/7, but I don't try to present as a female or wear makeup. I live in a house by myself and I don't own any guy clothing, so it is usually just a matter of how femme I want to feel or how far I feel like pushing the envelope. I don't mind getting noticed, especially by GG's, but I don't want people staring and don't feel like being laughed at. I don't wear dresses or skirts in public, but in the summer I'll wear a denim miniskirt or a light cotton chemise around the house. I always wear a nightie to sleep in or for lounging around in the morning.

I usually get a few hours on Saturday and Sunday mornings when everyone is sleeping, Other then that, just nightgowns to bed sometimes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Damn, I'm pissed from all these posts. I get to do it once every 2 months. Kids are always home so its a sad state of affairs at the house. I think its time to put a heel down and get out the front door again.

I dress before I go to work and when I get home from work and every weekend. Since I live alone it is easy to express my feminine self and the benefits for me are well worth it. Building up to going out.

Not enough. I get too busy at times to dress completely.

Banned Read only
    As a retire with a working wife, I usually get my fill of dressing. It's usually Monday through Friday for seven hours. I use to dress five days a week, but, for the last several months I've only felt the calling maybe twice a week. With spring coming that may increase since I love eating breakfast and lunch in the secluded backyard.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    So far this year, I could count only 8 times/days that I've physically crossdressed. Estimated about 34 hours in total!!!! Quite low considering that I have no limitations at home, active in the local tg community and the kink community, have no concerns of being in the public eye and am very passionate about my crossdressing.

Talking From bed to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by sue1965 View Post
    I am curious how much time you have to dress? .... I spend 12 - 14 hours a day dressed. whether in a dress, blouse and skirt or just a night gown. Not always with make up and wig though.
    Sue, I have cut your post down to reflect pretty much how I dress daily. Actually, for me it's from getting out of bed until going back to bed; whatever the hours may turn out to be.

Unfortunately, I have to change back to drab to take my wife to her cancer treatments, et al., but still don't dress publicly, yet. Almost, but not quite.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    All the time except when I'm taking a bath or shower.

With regards to identity: I identify as no longer being male, but I don't think I identify as being female yet. I'm a work in progress.

I would guess about 3-4 hours a day during the week, but the weekends depend on how much manly grungy grunt work I have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca View Post
    this question is for those, who dress almost everyday and especially for those who dress 24/7.
    what do you identify yourself as? a man who wears women clothes or do you identify as a woman?
    As I said, I dress a lot, but I still think of me as a guy, just have a different sort of style than most. It's just that having the opportunity, after a life of never having enough time, now that I'm retired, I'm just making up for lost time.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I do live by myself so usually when im at home i have some kind of womens clothing on .I also underdress at times but never at work to risky .I also plan on getting some nice summer dresses as i tend to slack off in the summer (to hot and humid here )so i can wear and feel more compfortable
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Most of the time I am dressed. When I have to go out shopping or make outside repairs, I am underdressed. If I am on the road driving or visting various tourist sites or hanging around inside - I'm dressed.

My SO doesn't come around here any more, so if it's OK I'll describe it for her.

She rarely needs to dress alone at home anymore even though I'm fine with it either way, although before her girl side had caught up with his guy side in terms of places to go and things to do out in the mainstream, her only chance to dress was at home. She now dresses when time permits, on average twice per week in order to go out and do a variety of things, either alone or with me. When she's not busy at work it's more, and when she's swamped or traveling for work it's less.

I also have to say that she doesn't know what it feels like to feel constrained, to keep a damper on it somehow because of a non-accepting SO or having kids around. She's never been married and had about 10 years to fully develop the CDing before I came into the picture.

She doesn't feel the need to underdress either.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca View Post
    I now only identify as woman being a lady.

Kristy

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I like dressing as a guy. I have some nice suits, sport coats, shoes, jeans, etc. It's nice when a woman says, "Wow, you look nice tonight!"

As far as time spent dressing: whenever the wife leaves the house. "Okay honey, you have fun shopping," and then I throw on a skirt, blouse and some 5" heels until she gets home.
    I know exactly what you are talking about Silk. I used to feel the same way up to about a year ago. It is interesting on how the mind changes with time.

Kristy
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-07-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Multiposting is not allowed. Please use the Multiquote option when responding to several people at once.

Aspiring Member
    I recently took a break from dressing for 3 months, but normally two or three times a month I'll have a girl day & love it

I dress fully and go out in public about twice a year. Every 2 or 3 months, I feel the itch and scratch it at home for a couple of hours. Otherwise it's male mode.There's no confusion in my mind about identity, I'm definitely a man and am glad to be one.
    Though I assume a female role as completely as possible, and basically imagine being one those couple times a year, my involvement with CDing otherwise is mostly studying that part of myself, which is why I come here. Nice to have this place available.

I'm probably dressed 95 percent of the timeā€”but wearing women's clothes in guy mode. Right now am wearing gal jeans and flat shoes, a knit top with a zipper in back topped with a woman's cardigan. Underneath: a bra (w/o forms) and panties. On my face: tinted moisterizer, blusher, powder, tinted lip balm. My hair is longish. I look like a guy (sorta) but feel like a girl.

I spend very little time drab. It's usually 4 -5 hours a day any more. Night gowns every night, dresses or skirts the rest of the time.

Not much at all. Kids 18 and 20 still at home working as much as possible to pay off bills. etc, etc, etc......

Get a bit disgruntled with no Kelly but this to shall pass :-)

with me mostly just night gown every night. If i'm lucky some Iget the whole weekend. Mostly just a bra and panties at nights when I get home early enough to put them on.

Right now I've been 'dressed' since I got off work three days ago, except for the 15 minutes I went out to get food. Even took out the garbage while wearing a black skirt w/black stockings last night at 3 a.m., no one likely to notice unless they were up close. Basically, I'm in girl clothes whenever I'm home.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.