Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting others for the first time tonight

Meeting others for the first time tonight

Well, it's a nervous but exciting afternoon. Tonight I'm visiting my first CD/TG meetup group. It'll be a chance to talk and also a clothing swap. The butterflies are furiously beating their way around my innards right now, but I'm sure they'll calm down in time.

I could say "It's just another step" but it's a big one. Other than my wife and the wig store I visited it'll be the first time I say "Hi, I'm a crossdresser, nice to meet you" to anyone. I'll probably actually say "Hi, I'm Bree" it seems just a bit more appropriate!

I'm sure it'll go well, be a lot of fun, and I'll probably be hooked. But, that's a story to tell later. For now I've got a few hours to go get ready while trying not to fall asleep from my way to early morning.

Thanks to all of you for the support and wonderful comments I've got in the few weeks I've been here leading up to this. It's been a great confidence boost! I also need to thank my wife for telling me to do this since she's just not ready to go out with me yet.

All the best,
    Bree

Platinum Member
    Have a great time, Bree!

Hope you have a great time meeting other girls,wish I could go too! Jamie

First Meeting

Hope you have a good time.

Good luck Bree, you will be fine and have a great time!

Bree, you're going to have a lot of fun. My first time out to a group was also solo as my wife was out of town. I can still remember the butterflies, but I also remember the exhilaration when I discovered how much fun it was!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Oh Bree, I'm so excited for you and I know how you feel. My first meetup/public outing will happen in a little more than two weeks. The butterflies are intense. Please share you experience with us!

Take a good butterfly repellent (around here we call it bourbon) and have a great time. This message tinged with green for envy. Hope you have the wardrobe picked out.

Have a wonderful time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Hope you have the wardrobe picked out.
    Hehe, I think I've got a serious case of Whatamigonnawearitis. That's a disease, right? 90 minutes to figure it out, but I think I have it narrowed down to one of four different tops.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Just take a deep breath, and charge ahead. I think, however, this is one time when speaking in public that you not try to imagine the audience naked to calm yourself.........

You will enjoy.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Bree, you have more courage than I. At least one of my friends on here has invited me to meetings but so far I have chickened out...not sure why, because I have told my best friend and just the other day I actually made a phone call to schedule an appointment to find a new, much better wig....that one is scaring me a little, but I think a good wig will help my confidence...or at least I hope it will. Anyway, I hope you have a great time and I hope to hear details!

Suzanne

Bree, I hope you have a wonderful time!
    My first experience ever was attending a support group meeting at a hotel near a major military base, where I ended up having a grand old time in the restaurant/bar that was packed full of military personnel wearing BDU's, got treated great.........that broke the ice for me. That was two years, and two months ago.
    Hope you have a fun evening.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Take a good butterfly repellent (around here we call it bourbon) and have a great time. This message tinged with green for envy. Hope you have the wardrobe picked out.
    A shot of vitamin V ( vodka) works too!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Bree,
    Those butterflies will quickly go away once you get there. Within a few minutes you will forget you're dressed and just feel natural and talking with everyone.
    Enjoy your evening and make sure you take pictures to remember the night.
    Rachael

This is one of the most exciting evenings of your life. Hopefully, you will be able to meet with one of the girls outside the venue and they can walk in with you.

It makes it so much easier, and you will have someone to introduce you to all the others there.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Bree, I do hope it all goes well and please do share the experience!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

While some have suggested some "liquid courage" I am not of that mind. You definitely need your wits about you and alcohol won't help you there. In fact, it will make your heels wobblier and your dress harder to arrange

The hardest thing I had to do my first time out was approach the MaƮtre d' and ask where my group was seated. Luckily, one of the ladies noticed me coming in and swept me away to the group.

Let us know how it goes, with pictures if possible!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Bree,

Hope you have a great time, we sure want to hear the details.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Hope you have a great time bree !!
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Oh how I wish this were Facebook so that I could "Like" the noodles out of this!!!!! So, Like! Like! Like!

Have a wonderful time Ms. Bree!!!!!!! Tell us all about it as soon as you get home!!!!

You're going to have a great time, and it's going to be a very empowering experience
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinsWife View Post
    Oh how I wish this were Facebook so that I could "Like" the noodles out of this!!!!! So, Like! Like! Like!
    The similar way here is what I am going to do.

I am anxious to hear the fun you had, Bree. I bet you look beautiful and had a great night in your heels.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Bree

Seems although I am dressed I am still over five hundred miles away and haven't left yet. You'll have to go without me (Just kidding I wasn't really going)but still have a good time anyway.
    Last edited by Contessa; 04-06-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: grammar
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!