Went shopping with my Wife Saturday in guy mode. I enjoyed the time with my Wife but it was depressing inside to me. It was mid 70's degrees, and women were out in great numbers. They were wearing new short spring festive dresses, shorts & cute tops, new sandals... I was so envious. We went to DSW to look at shoes, but I didn't want to try on any because it was so crowded. We went to Ulta and shopped cosmetics. There were so many women there enjoying themselves... trying this & that... and I felt trapped... like I couldn't look at anything by myself unless my Wife was right there with me. We went to Victoria's Secret and I really didn't want to go in with Her. This was one of those days when I was wishing I had been born a woman. Some days I just feel that way. I can't help it. I'm generally happy in my life, but some days there's just an empty feeling thinking about how different life would be. I love my wife and family. I couldn't change things if I wanted to. In reality... I wouldn't change things, because I would never hurt my Wife of 30 years. She's accepting of me and very supportive, and I love Her so much. Some days things just seem to get to me and my mind wanders and I ponder "what if"...
I don't know where this is leading, I just felt a need to write and vent a little