Thread: Need to dress and go out! Need to be me!

Need to dress and go out! Need to be me!

Today is Easter Sunday and I am wearing one of my most favorite dress and sweater sets but i am sitting home while my family is at Easter mass. I want so much to live my life the way I feel inside as a female and to wear my beautiful dress at church and in public. This is so cruel that I have to hide myself from my family and the world. My family know but no one else does. Why can't I just go to mass wearing what I should and not feel so guilty about it? Would I run the risk of being arrested if I went dressed the way I feel and know I should? This is so very confusing?

emmi

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I want so much to live my life the way I feel inside as a female and to wear my beautiful dress at church and in public.
    What's stopping you?

years of societal conditioning and fear of the reactions of others and the effects it will have on my family.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Your family knows and loves you, so please take comfort in that. That does not take away the emptiness that you feel when you must stay at home. You would not be arrested. You might have repercussions from friends and fellow workers when word got back to them, as it would. Can your life and family deal with job discrimination. It is ugly and it happens.

I don't think it is guilt, but just a really truly empty feeling that you are not able to complete this part of your being. Do you go out with your family at all? Mass might not be the best place for it, but are there other times where fewer people are involved that you can share with your loved ones. Try to find these times andmake them work for you.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I've been dressed at Mass 3 times recently, no problems, just dress tastefully and all should be well. Hugs & Best Wishes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hi Emmi, just wanted to say you look so nice in your new dress. Wish you luck

emmi, You are not alone. Many of us are sitting around the house today wishing we could attend family functions, go shopping or to our place of worship while wearing our Easter finest. I happen to be a little more fortunet in that I have some privacy and can at least wander outside at will. But believe me I would love to show off my new spring dress to the world. Just do not have the nerve to do so. It really sux!

Why do you think you would be arrested? We aren't living in a radical part of the world or a communist country. I get it though when you say it would embarass the family if you took things a step further, maybe someday.

Go for it! We are not getting any younger! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

So sad, that you missed the beauty of Mass.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

?.. Would I run the risk of being arrested if I went dressed the way I feel and know I should?
    If you live in the US, you are breaking no laws. I know several Crossdressers whom attend church en femme and are completely accepted, as it should be. If you want to go, then go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I went to Easter services dressed. The trick is I go to a church that is further from home.

the effects it will have on my family.
    The only real fear should be that one. You could go to mass out of town so you don't run into somebody you know. You have get over societal conditioning and fear of other's reactions if you truly want to go out dressed.

Platinum Member
    emmi, I'm sorry you felt you couldn't go out on Easter with your family. You're beginning transition, right? Perhaps this will be something you can look forward to next year.