Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dresses???

Hi Mellisa,

I agree, I feel so much more comfortable in a dress rather than a skirt and top.

I agree Melissa dresses are tops! So many to choose from though! I have a few bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wait..... I thought women's jeans were the ultimate in femininity? Lol.
    No, that would be the Doc Martens boots and the baseball caps they wear with them... .

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I think we crossdressers are typically searching to show the stereotypical woman, not the real world woman. Basically, the June Cleaver woman. As such, dresses fit the mold quite well. Add to that, the typical males inability to mix and match outfits: "Honey, does this shirt go with these pants?" makes a dress a more comfortable "outfit." While I love dresses as well, I have been gravitating to skirts and tops lately as a more real world look and a better way to blend. Even my choice in dresses is becoming more casual.
    Again I hear the real women don't wear that. Trust me I'm no June Cleaver. Why is it that if no women wear those dresses, they seem to be so popular this season. Are all of these department stores carrying all of these dresses just for us Crossdressers? And I've never had a problem putting together an outfit, in either gender in fact I've always been considereded a bit of a clothes horse, in my male life.
    I'm also the one that taught my sons to pick out clothes that match properly, and used to have mothers complementent me on how well my boys did it, and how they wished there kid could. Dresses, are just fun and flirty, and a change from all of those skirts and pants.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

i wore skirts for years only until i tried on a dress. I have both dresses and skirts now but i'm lame on blouses. That will be the next shopping trip. I love dresses over skirts these days
    xoxoxo
    Cathie Pantyhose

Any day is a good day in pantyhose
    cathie1drag@yahoo.com

Totally agree.. dresses are the biz... but tops and skirts are more practical and offer more options... hmmm... pause for thought!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    I love a stylish dress, sometimes something short & sexy, sometimes maybe a pretty maxi but I love skirts & tops too & leggings.....Damn, I can't even make a point here, guess I just love fem clothes, there's so many options

Banned Read only
    I have zero skirts. I have zero blouses. I have exactly eighty dresses of various lengths and styles. Enough said! Of course I have many full slips to wear under those dresses.

PS: I'm watching three more dresses on eBay right now.

I have been dressing as long as I can remember. I have always worn a skirt of varying length and a top. Lately, I have just been wearing and buying dresses. And I have been getting more and more compliments from people! There must be something to wearing dresses.
    Charlie

Theres nothing at all like a good fitting dress but I was surprised a few months ago. I tried on a pair of womens slacks, animal print shirt plus some other things then a 3" pair of heels and it felt pretty darn good too.

I have a problem finding dresses with a lenght that I like. Seems they are always too short for me. I like dresses, but for that reason I stick with skirts.

I dearly love wearing dresses but they are so hard to find inthe right size.They are just ot really made with a mans body in mind.When i do find one that fits right i buy it in a heart beat. Love them

Dresses are like the ultimate challenge for both a cross-dresser and a GG. The challenge is to have a body that looks good in dresses and then to find a dress that shows the body off to it's best. If it's too low cut or strapless, not good if I don't have at least some breast to push up into cleavage (tape only goes so far). An empire waist on a beer belly just makes me look 24 months pregnant. My grandmother saved all the prom dresses and bridesmaid's gowns from all of the weddings, and me and my cousins use to love to go down into the cellar and try them on. I really loved the satin ones the most. When I'm at my best weight, around 150-160 lbs at 5' 11", I look good in all kinds of dresses, but I usually want to belt, to get more shape.

With a dress, there's no sliding the skirt down, there's no easy way to get out of it quickly, and there's no way to hide if you get read. A nice dress with a higher hem will also get you very noticed, which means you really have to have the make-up and hair perfect, or you will get clocked by a lot of people the minute you enter the room. There were times, especially early on, when I would get read very early on, and I'd just have to work the room, making sure that I brought fun and play to the party, that people were so glad I was there that they didn't care whether or not I was a "Real girl".

I've tried longer dresses made of softer fabrics like a loose cotton, but my legs are so long and so is my torso, that it makes me look fatter in the wrong places. I have several nice black dresses that, when I'm down to the right weight, look wonderful on me, and I love to go out on a spring or fall night and dance the night away. I often find that I get approached by both men, who want to dance with me, and groups of women, who want me to dance with their group and join their group. Often at least one is bisexual and intrigued by the possibilities.

I love wearing a dress with a cardigan and nice girly shoes. That is ultimate femininity. I have a closet full of dresses and I want to wear them every day. I am very feminine in my dresses and they are fun to wear.

emmi

I do love a nice summer dress with spaghetti straps love to feel the breeze on my legs and some cute sandals

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Include me as a "dress lover" .... but I wasn't always. For a quite a few years I thought dresses looked horrible on me as my arms were too "blocky" and by back was too wide .. then I got older, muscle wastage etc and I have no clue how it happened but I tried on a dress one day and unbelievably I looked ok. Not great but better than before. Nowadays I always reach for a dress when I'm going out and rarely wear a skirt and top.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Two of the first decent items of fem clothing I ever owned were a "disco" evening dress and a very magnificant mock victorian wedding dress. I purged the disco dress because I was still real young and chicken as hell about getting caught and found out. I accidentally put a rip up the back of the wedding dress when I turned around to answer the phone and stepped on the hem. I've been out of the closet for awhile now and I usually wear mini-skirts or long pullovers and jerseys with tights. But I plan to make a return to dresses when I can afford to do some expensive shopping.

always preferred dresses overall else the flow the empire wastes(favorite) and each one is unique to its own style plus they tend to stretch a little which is nice

I love dresses but tend to where mostly jeans and blouses when I can dress and go out. At home when I can dress I love dresses and I have a few skirts too. Just not too good at making good matches as far as colors and prints go.
    Sara

I don't go out dressed unless it's pretty neutral, although the only jeans I own are ladies (they fit better) and all my long-sleeve Ts. But when I get home I check my closet for what I'm going to be pulling on this evening, and this winter most of the time it's been a dress.

I'm not a skirt fan, but I like casual clothes that look good on me. Ones that show I have a bust of sorts (with a proper bra, of course) and don't emphasize my stomach. The right dress does that, the kind that women of a certain age would wear for housekeeping because it's timeless.

It might be because I have to keep the house pretty cool. I wear long nightgowns to bed and marvel at how efficient they are at keeping me warm when I'm walking about. My dresses do that too.

I guess they are just...me!

Brenda

savor the moments... princessmisti74's Avatar
    I love them all!!
    But I must agree, dresses are hard to fit. I have many skirts and tops, but I love shopping for the right dress.
    It's like big game hunting, you know it's out there, you know it could be over at the next mall, and it just drives you crazy with giddiness knowing that you might find "it" today (and On Sale!). And if you don't, hey, there's always tomorrow

I love dresses, they are so creative and beautiful, unlike guy's suits lol

Aspiring Member
    Dont like dresses never did I am 48 and been a cd since age 7 dont have the body to short and musclar 5ft 2in 170lbs for me it is just panties bra jeans now for over 30 years wish you allthe best that love dresses but I dont

I love dresses too, and when I go out it's either in a dress or jeans and a top depending on what the occasion is.

Platinum Member
    Hi Mellisa, I to mostly wear skirts and tops but when I get my dresses out I feel as though
    That is really getting derssed up .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!