Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in the genes or coincidence

in the genes or coincidence

I am 66 and been dressing for 50 years. 4 years ago I found out I had 2 step brothers. The younger than me one died about 6 years ago. I have met my older step brother and hit if off right away. He is very straight forward and told me the younger brother liked to wear dresses and lingerie. So now I am thinking is this something passed along from our father or just coincidence that two of us dress up.Your thoughts on this. Bobbie Anne

Who knows? But it’s a hell of a coincidence.

I subject for research perhaps?

I'm on the genes side of the debate.
    DonnaT

Add me to the genes believers.

I believe that it is in the genes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    If they are step brothers how are they blood related to you?

Platinum Member
    We can only speculate until somebody identifies the CD gene!

I'd say it's in the genes.
    Of course Karen won't agree, she hates genes especially the denim ones.

The only way to tell the difference between a male chromosome and a female chromosome is to pull down it's genes.Case closed.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I believe in the genes, and the influence of hormones in the womb. Interesting to know if mother or father are the connection. Often wonder if my brothers are/were into this, but not gonna ask...lol

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It may be in the genes, but the question is: whose?

Yes, it could be in our genes. That's certainly possible.

On the other hand, it could be in our mother's genes, and that could be the reason that our minds didn't get fully rewritten into the mail "book".

It's clear the research has only begun.

tina

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    From the post I would say they had the same father but different mothers.
    Danielle

Nature or nurture, count me in with the rest.

Aspiring Member
    I have reason to believe it came from my father.
    I often wonder if my brother is a sister.

^^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Lynn View Post
    From the post I would say they had the same father but different mothers.
    Step-brothers would imply that the father married the mother, who had the two boys, but the father (and Bobbie Anne) is not biologically tied in to the brothers. If it did come from the father, it would have to be something learned, not something genetically passed on.

(Half brothers would be if they shared 1 parent but not the other, as in the case of same father and different mothers or vice versa)
    Last edited by girltoy; 04-10-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: clarified the difference between half and step siblings

We were women in a previous life?

Can anyone disprove that theory?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Step-brothers would imply that the father married the mother, who had the two boys, but the father (and Bobbie Anne) is not biologically tied in to the brothers. If it did come from the father, it would have to be something learned, not something genetically passed on.

(Half brothers would be if they shared 1 parent but not the other, as in the case of same father and different mothers or vice versa)[/QUOTE]
    You are right, guess I had a blonde moment, which is nothing new lately.
    Danielle

Hi,

Well now Bernadina prove the previous life , then we'll worry about the theory later in the next one.

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie anne View Post
    I am 66 and been dressing for 50 years. 4 years ago I found out I had 2 step brothers. The younger than me one died about 6 years ago. I have met my older step brother and hit if off right away. He is very straight forward and told me the younger brother liked to wear dresses and lingerie. So now I am thinking is this something passed along from our father or just coincidence that two of us dress up.Your thoughts on this. Bobbie Anne
    I will clarify PASSED ALONG FROM OUR FATHER means we all had the same father

Silver Member
    It would not surprise me if there is a genetic element. And at least for Transsexuals there is in fact some evidence that it may be genetic.

I know of one family with three siblings - one gay, one a male to female transsexual, and one a female to male transsexual.

Another transsexual male to female friend of mine has a brother that is a crossdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina View Post

No, but neither can anyone prove it. So, very sorry, Bernadina, that makes it a useless theory. Anyway, in my last life I was a dog.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie anne View Post
    I'm of the opinion that it is genetic in some fashion. I have 3 male cousins on my father's side that are all gay....and then there's me. Has to be something in the "pool"....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina View Post

Actually we were macho men in a previous life, and this is the universe's way of balancing things out.

Platinum Member

It's Who I Am It's What I Do

Hi Bobbie, I think that my crossdressing came from my mother when she dressed me
    in a little white receiving gown to bring me home from the hospital when I
    was born 69.5years ago
    I've been dressing for about 65years now.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 04-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

As about 2.5% of all males regularly crossdress, it's not unusual at all to sometimes find more than one in a family. Coincidence is often mistaken for miracles of all sorts. If you know 100 men, it's very likely that one of them is also a crossdresser, whether you know it or not.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.