Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: in the genes or coincidence

a bit nutty
    Baby I was born this way! Blame (or thank) your genes. Your femininity is permanently etched into your genetic makeup! Yay!

Ginger

i am on the genes side too.
    i have four sisters and three brothers, 8 in total !!, ha ha , and i am the only one in the family with "gene issues".
    but then again, i am the only one with brothers up and down on the birth latter. so, maybe the two brothers "took" too much genes from mother and left very little for me ( HA HA HA ) so i am what i am.
    so..... i know all about my sisters panties !!! ( hell with the genes !!)

Since as far as I know, I'm the only one in my family that is not real macho, so I'm going with the hormone theory, I figure it's as good an answer as any others I've seen.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I'll believe it's in the genes when that gene is identified. Until then, coincidence.

We are not all gay. I did some online research and a professor named Ray Blanchard of Toronto has done a lot of research on the causes of homosexuality. Twins have the same genetics, yet only about 50 percent of gay men that have a twin find that he is gay. So partially genetic partially...unknown. Twins share the same womb and same mother's hormones also. And similar upbringing. But obviously it is present from birth.

Also it has been known for years that...the more older brothers you have...the greater is the chance that you will be gay. This is determined by birth order--not something that happens later in your life.

I am not sure how, or if, this applies to TS or CD.

And yes I have an older brother--he is 17 months older than me. And younger brother--5 years younger--normal as far as I know.

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie anne View Post
    I am 66 and been dressing for 50 years. 4 years ago I found out I had 2 step brothers. The younger than me one died about 6 years ago. I have met my older step brother and hit if off right away. He is very straight forward and told me the younger brother liked to wear dresses and lingerie. So now I am thinking is this something passed along from our father or just coincidence that two of us dress up.Your thoughts on this. Bobbie Anne
    With step brothers it would be a coincidence, since they aren't genitally related to you as half brothers would be. Now in my case my father was, even though he wasnt part of my life after the age of 3 I did find out about him dressing years later, after I had been well on my way. So As far as the genetic part of the debate I'm on that side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

Perhaps crossdressing is a conflict between what you are and what nature wants you to be with nature defined as the expression of reproduction with men and women coming together for sex to sustain life. (heterosexual sex) so the mind is than split between the ancient instinctual drives that must continue if life is going to sustain itself and the true expression of self born from the continuing movement of evolution to higher and higher expressions and forms of complexity.

Where you stand in relationship to instinctual drives (nature/heterosexual sex/reproduction) will shape your crossdressing which is a deeper expression of the self that was predestined by genetics and the prenatal environment born from the movement of evolution that is than acted on by the social environment (nurture)

CD/TG is the expression of human beings becoming less instinctual with automatic programmed behavior allowing them to break free from the rigid roles that instinctual behavior dictates.

The difference in my mind between CD and TG is the relationship one has with their own sexuality as an expression of instinctual drives.

For me it makes perfect sense that as ones sexual energies dissipate like a form of erosion that leaves uncovered what was buried beneath and hidden from view they discover their true self that nature through sex had prevented them from seeing clearly, puberty acts on and gives expression to that which already was there and the farther you move away from puberty the more you discover it's essence without the distraction of nature (sex)

The conflict is we live in a world where many still subconsciously operate more from instinctual drives than from the higher expressions of self that evolution is making possible.

Everything on the LGBT spectrum is evolution trying to carry us beyond the limits of being just instinctual animals but it is happening in a very irregular way not only between people but also within each person creating evolutionary chaos expressed as conflict between and within people.

I also thing that Autism/Aspergers and much of the behavior that is labelled as mental illness also are evolutionary and as a foundation is slowly built by humanity to support these changes (people) allowing them to survive the pace of change will excelerate increasing the danger that humanity will self destruct from the stressors that evolution is placing on us because we are caught between the past (ancient) and the future ( where evolution is taking us ) expressed as violence between what was (accepted behavior/tradition) and what evolution demands (change).

You are definitely born with it, however that works. Gay cousin from aunt, another gay cousin from uncle, I was born a CD. One relative told me my Great Great Grandfather use to take womens underwear from cloths lines. Apparently he was a kleptomaniac, or a CD.

Well I don't know for sure, but I can tell you that both me and my biological brother are crossdressers which is interesting. However, we were both pretty close in age and grew up together so environment or something else could be a factor there too. It's one of those things that you can't really know
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake