Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you had one week to go somewhere and be dressed 24/7

San Francisco, Monte Carlo and Provincetown, Massachusetts

Palm Springs as well.

London for this girl. I have met so many English girls on my Flickr site. Would love to hook up with them and do Merry ole England together. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Asheville North Carolina in Fall.

Wonderful fall color....the mountains.....restaurants.....the Biltmore Estate......and a 'OUT" gay population.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Go to one of the 6 towns on Martha's Vineyard. I have a vacation home there & people are too preoccupied to watch anyone else.

I did just that with my wife last October.
    You can go anywhere you wish if you dress for the venue and weather. If you can "blend in" and not want to be a stand out then there are no limits to where you can go.
    We went to a National Park, Ben and Jerry's Ice cream factory, a marble museum, restuarants, hotels, hiking and whatever else we wanted to do.
    No one cared, no one said a word.
    Go someplace that you love or someplace you've never been and have fun just being there.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Gold Member
    Well, for that duration, I have only done Las Vegas last year for Diva Las Vegas. So in that same train of thought, I would love to get to SCC some year.

But for the family vacation type of trip, my first choice would have to be New England in the fall. Part because it is where I grew up and part because it is super pretty that time of the year. You can still enjoy walking along the beach and boating while also going out through the mountains and enjoying the scenery as the fall color changes are fantastic!

Makeup addict!
    Right where I am is fine

London for this girl ! I've never been overseas and would love to go there. I've been to SF dressed on several occasions and that was fun. I love San Francisco. I also think it would be A LOT of fun to spend some time as Amy in Las Vegas!

P'town in the summer, for sure. Atlanta in September for SCC. San Francisco just after SCC when the tourists have left and the City reverts to normal (come for Folsom Street fair), the week of First Event in the dead of Winter in Boston, Diva Las Vegas in April.........

Wow..... So many places year round!

Seriously, think about a week on the Cape and in P'town. I've never had a better life experience. Yes, there will be a ton of tourists, some of them jerks, but the community overwhelms the idiots. It's also a heck of a lot warmer there..... San Francisco is POSITIVELY dismal and cold in June, July and August.

Joanna

The UK, for sure! There are so many crossdressers in the UK and clubs to go to, it has to be great!!!
    [SIGPIC]

If you're looking for a laid back area within driving distance, consider New Hope Pa very artsy and accepting and Rebotho Beach ni Maryland. I haven't made it to either myself but many of the girls have and they all had a great time.

New York City; there's so much to do. I could go out every day to museums, theatres, concerts, parks, shops, and just walking around the city. I did spend a very full day there en femme in December and had a great time, no problems at all.

Michaella

San Francisco, great place with gender friendly laws,and with plenty of places to go, and things to do, with great weather most of the year. I've also heard Seattle was very TG friendly.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

THere are places with 'festivals' of sorts for CD/TG folks, which last I think from a weekend to a week. Search them out, go there. YOu may never want to leave. The aforementioned Provincetown I think has one.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes I agree, central London would be nice. That, or Waikiki.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Martha's Vinevard Island in Massachusetts. I have a vacation home there & no one knows me so I get dressed & walk around.

I've had my eye on vegas for years, all the glitz and glam it would be absolutely wounder full to go out there

Vancouver,BC. hmmm yes that would be a good place.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I would not go anywhere mentioned. Vegas is not all it's cracked up to be. San Fransisco? LA? Really? I don't feel like being on the news with car chases going by, and the highest rate of TS violence in the nation. Jessica would prefer to go somewhere SHE wants to go, whether they are accepting of her or not. That's not the point. A tourist goes somewhere because they want the experience....not because the experience wants the tourist. I would go during the end of November to colonial Jamestown in Virginia. The old style bridges, foliage, and battle grounds....you can't beat it. I'm a history buff, and I love the story of our country. I have been motorcycle riding from Jamestown, Yorktown, all the way back to Glaucester Island off of Virginia beach. That's where I would go. The sights will leave you breathless, and the 1887 hotel? That would be so nice and relaxing.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by susan scott View Post
    Where would you go. I have that opportunity this summer. Im looking for a place that is very accepting and where I can move about with minimal concern for hassle of any sort. I would be very interested to hear your suggestions ladies.
    Thanks in advance Susan
    It might be the most easiest option, which would be SF during gay pride :P

thank you everyone ! the decision was Provincetown Im going in July so Key West, New Orleans and LV too hot, SF have to fly with a lot of baggage ( I mean alot) Provincetown seemed to be the deal so if your going to be in town July 24-29 send me a note

On the east coast you might want to consider either New Hope Pa or Rehoboth Beach De. Both are known for their acceptance and ability to make you feel comfortable. I have spent many enjoyable weeks in both of these locations and have enjoyed one a much as the other.
    On the west coast consider either Portland Or or Seattle WA. Each of these two locations have the same attributes as the two east coast locations. Seattle even has an entire district, Capital Hill, which has a very large population of GLBT members.