Thread: What song, poem or story helped you with accepting your female self?

What song, poem or story helped you with accepting your female self?

I recently have accepted Jennifer unconditionally after years of denial, shame and guilt. I realize now she is a gift that I must embrace. I feel really good now and a bit high…probably from years of covering up. This song comes to mind from the seventies from a group called Firefall. Here I am showing my age. LOL

You are the woman that I've always dreamed of I knew it from the start I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart
    It's not so much the things you say to me It's not the things you do It's how I feel each time you're close to me That keeps me close to you, woh oh
    You are the woman that I've always dreamed of I knew it from the start I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart
    It's not so much your pretty face I see It's not the clothes you wear It's more that special way you look at me
    That always keeps me there, woh oh
    It's hard to tell you all the love I'm feelin' That's just not my style You got a way of send my senses reelin' Every time you smile, woh
    You are the woman that I've always dreamed of I knew it from the start I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart (I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart) Of my heart, oh, of my heart

I feel like a woman by Shania Twain! Is one that comes to mind.

Carly Simon and the video of her singing "coming around again " set in Martha's Vineyard with the wind blowing her hair and the ocean in the background .

I have not really had a song that has helped me with my female self but one that I like and still think its great to listen to is Lady Gaga's song that says don't be a drag just be a queen.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    "Lola" by the Kinks.

Man I feel like a woman. And Girls just wanna have fun. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

...kind of a toss-up between Diana Ross' "I'm Coming Out", Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive", and Cindy Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"...

man I feel like a woman, big girls don't cry, girls just want to have fun along with others

I didn't need any assistance from a song, poem or story helped me accept...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm with Karren on this one. I've always felt the way i am and really needed no outside encouragement.

"Take a Walk on Wild Side" Lou Rawls

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I didn't need any assistance from a song, poem or story helped me accept...
    ...and especially not from Neil Diamond's one-time hit "Forever in Blue Jeans" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ixR...eature=related

I be COUNTRY! So it would be ''Long haired country boy'' by Charley Daniels! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Rod Stewart's 'The killing of Georgie'. The line was, 'Never wait, or hesitate, get in kid, before it's too late. You may never get another chance'.
    It redefined how I looked at my life.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.