Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you want to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    As someone who is not a CD I will ask this;

Do you want to look like a parody of a woman like many many CD's do with the highest heels, the shortest dresses and the heaviest makeup or do you want to look like the actual majority of genetic women who dress within the confines of functionality while maintaining a feminine flair?

Julia
    I don't know Julia, Honestly as someone who is not a CD, and does not know me, I value your opinion. I do not want to look like either Milton Burl in drag, of some tarted up CD in 6" heels and a mini skirt.
    What is your honest opinion?
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...27-My-new-life
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not one of those who want to dress conservatively, age appropriate, in style, not stand out, just look like the average woman. But I get it that many do, and that's great. Some of us, though, like the over-the-top look. It's OK if you don't like to dress that way. It would be nice if you would quit putting down those of us who like to dress like that, when you use terms like "parody of a woman" or "tarted-up".

Banned Read only
    Jess,

I think you look fine.
    I cannot see the whole you so I cannot make a full judgement call based on just your face but you look nicely put together.

As a woman I will slip on a pair of 4 inch pumps once a year and go out somewhere to dine and dance but on a regular basis no.
    I'm too busy with life to get dressed up other than wearing the occasional lower heeled pumps to work.

Julia

If you wish to be a man who cross dresses for a sexual thrill or a " hobby " I cannot do anything but applaud your attempts as misguided as they are.
    You yourself Nicole in other posts have said you are a man and that's OK.
    Admit that you are such and enjoy those things that give you a " charge " .
    I neither have the time nor the inclination to argue the facts not the charges of self incrimination concerning you dressing in drag for sport or for leisure.
    Now go back and enjoy whatever voodoo you do.

Regards

Julia
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I'm not one of those who want to dress conservatively, age appropriate, in style, not stand out, just look like the average woman. But I get it that many do, and that's great. Some of us, though, like the over-the-top look. It's OK if you don't like to dress that way. It would be nice if you would quit putting down those of us who like to dress like that, when you use terms like "parody of a woman" or "tarted-up".
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-12-2012 at 05:54 PM.

I like to dress to how I feel. I want to look like a woman and make the most of what I can get away with. Yes I want to look attractive - I do not want to look like a guy in a dress... BUT... I don't go out as Kaz that much, do not live alone and am not 'transitioned' at work, so most of the time I am the guy everyone knows as me.

Sometimes I like to dress OTT and go for the thrill of feeling what these clothes are like to wear and sometimes there is a strong sexual arousal in the process. But as I have tried to analyse this over the years I am more and more certain that it is more about setting my emotions free within the context rather a 'fetish' thing. I actually want to feel sexy when dressed.

However, if I go out I do not want to be OTT and would rather blend in so I have the freedom to just enjoy being 'out there'.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I definately want to look like a woman. I already feel like a female so looking like a woman would be wonderful. Now if I could pass as female all the time no matter what my outfit. now that would be a dream come true.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

I'm with Nicole and Scarlet's POV on this one. CDs also have to contend with male bodies/features that usually don't cooperate with our desired look, pushing us out of the realm of possibility of being mistaken for a female! Some want to mimic, while others can mimic (more effectively, at least). Some want to be in public and some certainly do not. Shouldn't CDs be allowed to enjoy any over-the-top style they choose, the same way GGs do? Don't many of us CD gals have a variety of different looks in our cache - naughty, playful, business, conservative, etc? Shouldn't CDs embrace the carpe diem mindset - Go Big or Go Home (yeah, especially when you get to dress once every few months)? One thing is for certain - anyone wearing the highest of heels and shortest of skirts will still get my attention, GG or CD.
    Alright, too many thoughts on this one. Someone else respond before I rip my wig hair out.

Banned Read only
    Of all the faceless retail outlets for the drones you choose Walmart?
    I don't soil myself by frequenting this corporation.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    It would be nice to look like a sexy woman of my age. Or any age.

Julia. You constantly stomp all over the CD section of the forum without regard for the fact that CDs are not TS. Try and get your head round the fact that women ARE sexy. Women DO wear high heels and short skirts. Women DO exude sexuality. Women DO wear outragious heels and short skirts.
    A CD may wish to down play that for practical reasons to enable them to go out and not be stared at. But a lot of them are free to actually relish, enjoy, and glory in what it is that makes women so wonderful to look at when they are wanting to be looked at.
    Take Madonna off stage and stick her in Walmart.
    Take Julia Robberts directly off the red carpet at the Oscars and stick her in Walmart.
    Take Shikira off her latest music video set and stick her in Walmart.
    Take a fairy princess and stick her in Walmart.
    For gods sakes.....free your mind.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This question is both simple to answer and very complicated to answer. Let me try simple

Tina is the part of me that is a woman trapped in a male body. The male part of me is a male trapped in a male body knowing he has to share his mind with a woman and share his body in a way that Tina can be as comfortable as possible.

So, when Tina is around, there's as little "guy-mode" present as possible. She's a woman and deserves all the assistance the body and mind we share can give her. As with all humans, she has her moods. Mostly she is stylish, and is definitely high maintenance. Having said that, she prefers to blend as that gives her the most comfort. She enjoys presenting "well", even to herself. When she looks in the mirror she wants to see the woman she is, and if she is satisfied with that, all is well. But, she's fussy so everything must be just right.

Makeup addict!
    I like to look like a regular young adult girl my age.

When I get out there, I will dress appropriately which means I will wear mini skirts and cute tops with heels. The highest heel will be 4" or so unless with a platform. I want to be beautiful, elegant, classy and up to date on all items of fashion. Just like a lot women out there of all ages. If I were born a woman, I would be dressed to the 9's everyday. Trend setter for sure.

I have more weight to lose beforehand but it is happening and I will be meeting Jess in Dallas for a GNO in my Louboutins. Ok, maybe, my Jessica Simpsons I have on now but my shoes will be hot!
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Female, unquestionably. Athletic- i can do that. Capable, i've only tried to do that my whole life. Pretty- I can sort of do that, or fake it. I'd prefer to look younger than i am, maybe 1/2 my 48 years, but i'll settle for the 35-40 people
    Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) would do wonderfully, though i'd have to put some muscle on her, and send her through basic training or the equivalent. And Lord, no chihuahuas.... :-)
    Oh yeah and have to cycle a good 10,000 miles for better legs. But damn, i'd look so cute in bike short like that- i'd knock it out in 3 months or less!

It all depends on how I feel on any given day. So days I love nothing more than putting on a dress, heels, forms, wig. and make up. When I do I try to present as a well put together mature woman, and for a guy in a dress, I can pull it off good enough to make me happy. Other days, I just feel like being bothered, or have some dirty chore to do, then I can just throw on a pair of Capri's and a feminine tee, and I'm just as happy as when dressed to the nines. It's just the days that I have to resort to mens clothes, that keeps me out of something feminine, whether I'm dressed up, or dressed down.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    As someone who is not a CD I will ask this;

Do you want to look like a parody of a woman like many many CD's do with the highest heels, the shortest dresses and the heaviest makeup or do you want to look like the actual majority of genetic women who dress within the confines of functionality while maintaining a feminine flair?
    Julia
    That is EXACTLY how I like to look, Julia! And, since I dress at home, there's ONLY ONE PERSON'S OPINION I worry or care about! If I'm a parody, fool, fake, ridiculous, or homely "man in a dress" to u or anyone else looking at my pics, I'm sorry. REALLY! I don't wish to offend anyone. But I dress only for ME!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-12-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I try to dress and be the best looking girl that I can be. Passing is almost irrelevant. I try and seem to be read at about 10-15 feet no matter what I do. So I prop up my mirror at 10 feet and do my best.
    Charlie

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I figure if I can pretend to be a woman, I can pretend to be younger than I really am.

What I would like to look like, and what I am able to look like, are two entirely different things. I'd like to look like a cute 14 year old girl. Average looks would be fine, because I remember high school well, and found nearly all the girls to be pretty. The one 'must' would be long, pretty, straight hair.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I want to look as dignified and feminine as possible. I usually wear skirtsuits with kneelength hemlines, 3 to 4 inch heels, pantyhose or stockings, and full makeup. I guess the "pretty and professional" is the look I am always trying for.

I just want to blend in and pass as a women .If people are looking at me it is hopefully because i look nice
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Like any girl in my socioeconomic demographic. ...with some individual flair.

well... i did not read all posts to this thread... but for sure, and about me... it´s easy: like a girl as much as possible, of course. it´s a utopia, but it´s not impossible!! ...

...well... if i am a girlie inside, why not be out side??

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust: How do you want to look? View Post
    For me, as pretty of a girl as possible. Period.
    That about says it all for me, too, Jess. Thanks for the Q. Have a great day. Hugs,
    M.

I wish I could look like a real woman, the way I would look if had been born a girl.

For me. i would like to look as much like a woman as i can, not over the top but just blend in

I'd be happy to pass as an attractive middle aged woman.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."