Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wife Said YES! Only Days After Wacting the Transsexual Show Last Week on Dr. OZ!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Wife Said YES! Only Days After Wacting the Transsexual Show Last Week on Dr. OZ!

I am so beside myself now, I can't stand it.

Short History:

I am very happily married and my wonderful wife has been 10,000% supportive of my transition. Many of you know my history on here, wherein; I have talked openly about my transition.

My wife's only reservation has been SRS. She wished that I would not have SRS as she tells it, "It's putting the final nail in the coffin" not of our marriage but any last resemblance or physical evidence that I was ever a "male" even though it has not worked in almost 3 years) since ion HRT.

So this has been wearing very heavily on my wife. Many months ago she told me that if I had to have SRS then go ahead and do it BUT she would not go with me or be part of the process (to Thailand). I then called my daughter who is so close to my wife it's scary and they are so much alike and asked her if she would go with me. Well, my daughter ripped me royally. My butt still hurts. She told me in so many words that I was not being fair to her mom who has been so supportive and who wants to stay with you because she loves you so much. Then my daughter really put the guilt trip on me by saying, " Do you even realize how lucky you are to have a woman how loves and supports you when most other wives would divorce their husbands in a heartbeat......" Well you get the picture.

Then Last week at the top of the hour my wife was flipping through the channels when she saw the pre-show trailer about Dr. Oz's show that day being about MTF Transsexuals who are married.

She called me and said lets watch this. Well, throughout the show, I was sobbing and my wife had tears flowing down her face as well. The first married couple was so much like us. The first MTF Transsexual transitioned completely and already had SRS, and they were talking about the wife not being a lesbian but that they still love each other and don't want to ever break up. They are becoming intimate. And as the wife said, it does NOT matter how my husband looks on the outside, he is still the same loving person on the inside, and it was the inside that I fell in love with. It was really a tear jerkier for both of us, and it reminded me so much of all of my feelings. Well we watch the entire show and after it was over, we said nothing about it.

[SIZE="7"]NEWS FLASH[/SIZE]

Last night my wife came to me and said Traci, I want to really talk to you. So we sat down with no distractions and my wife started to cry. She said Traci, it now makes so much sense to me and it is so clear why you have to have SRS, and I am so very very sorry that I did not understand this until watching Dr. OZ. And she said she was so truly sorry for any pain she has caused me.

She reached over to me and hugged me for a long time and we both cried. Then she leaned back and said, Traci, I want to you get the SRS. That is the only way you are going to be whole and we can both be happy together as wife/wife.

Then she told me, Traci, I really do want to go with you to Thailand and be with you every moment of the recovery.

She then said, Traci I love you and you are the most important person in my life and I never want to spend a single day away from you. You are my life, my soul mate, my everything.

We hugged more and cried more.

This morning she was happy as a lark and told me lets not use our retirement savings to fund this but lets save every penny we can to still have SRS this year (which is what I was wanting to do in 2012).

So my friends don't let anyone tell you MIRACLES don't happen!

Just writing this makes me cry. And those of you who live for the moment until you get SRS surely understand as well as those of you who are fortunate enough to already have your "Vagina."

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I started crying reading this. I'm so happy for both of you. You are right. Miracles do happen
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Silver Member
    I am so happy to hear this Traci! I read before about how your wife/daughter were regarding SRS and it made me sad. But this is just awesome. It took a little while, but I am so glad she came around. And hopefully your daughter sees how happy you two are with this decision and joins the love!

Traci, I am so glad for both you and your wife. I hope you both have an beautiful, loving future together - it sounds like you are on your way there.

I am also glad you decided to stick around and lend your experience, wisdom and sense of humor to those of us still struggling with the initial understanding and decisions. I know that I look forward to your words of encouragement or caution due to the weight of experience behind them.

I am rooting for you and yours.

Julie

I'm so happy for you Congratulations. My you have a long happy life together.

Traci You are facing some huge decisions. Have you worked with an experienced and professional counsellor? It might help to get everything in perspective for both you and your wife

I'm deeply touched, Traci. for you and your dear wife, Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Congratulations Traci!

This is a wonderful defining moment for both of you and I am so happy for you.

OK, now I'm fighting back tears.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

I'm so glad you and your wife are finally at peace with your long term wishes.

My wife teases me from time to time about my getting SRS. I did ask her if she would stay with me if I got SRS and she said, "YES!"

I don't have any desire to get SRS right now but who knows in the future?
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Silver Member
    Wow, Traci - incredible story and a really, really strong testament to your marriage. I'm amazed by the capacity of some people's hearts. Congratulations! It really must feel like a huge barrier has just vaporized.

I think I also just started liking Dr. Oz even more, too. I bet you could not have predicted the decision would hang on a reality TV show!

Lea
    Lea

Banned Read only
    Traci,

Congratulations on this victory of acceptance.
    It is indeed a special day for you.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Traci Elizabeth View Post
    .....Then she told me, Traci, I really do want to go with you to Thailand and be with you every moment of the recovery.

She then said, Traci I love you and you are the most important person in my life and I never want to spend a single day away from you. You are my life, my soul mate, my everything.

We hugged more and cried more.

This morning she was happy as a lark and told me lets not use our retirement savings to fund this but lets save every penny we can to still have SRS this year (which is what I was wanting to do in 2012).

So my friends don't let anyone tell you MIRACLES don't happen!

Just writing this makes me cry....
    Crying here in happyness for you and yours, too! That's wonderful!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Banned Read only
    As I wipe away the tears, Awesome Traci!

This is proof that love can withstand all. Miracles do happen each and every day.

Silver Member
    Thats really good news!
    happy for you

Proud for you, Traci. Be the woman you are.
    Kisses,
    Kristyn
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Reading that has really made me smile. Congratulations Traci. =) You and your wife have come far.
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

Be free - overcome fear!
    I cried when I read this, but I have been doing a lot of crying lately about being able to get enough
    funds for my own SRS, and for my friend Jessica who was so desperate to attempt her own SRS.
    Anyway I am so happy for you Traci because I know how much this really means to you. Xx
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Platinum Member
    I am so happy for both youand your wife, Traci.

Traci,
    That is just the most wonderful news!!!!
    As I sat here in a restaraunt Albany NY before going to work tonight I was crying and trying not to but that didn't work to well. LOL The server asked if all was OK and I told her oh yes!!!!! A friend was just told the most wonderful news!!!!
    Keep us posted on your progress please. I wish my wife was just half as supportive. She has told me point blank that if and when I start transitioning she is gone, she is not a lesbian and will not live like one even though she loves me with all her heart. So here I sit in limbo.
    Such great news!!!! I am sooo very happy for you.
    Sara

Again, I humbly thank all of you!

There are so many of you that I would love to meet in person one day. Hopefully, circumstances will be such that we can.

Congratulations Traci! Your wife sounds like a remarkable lady, and you are blessed to have her by your side. Who'd have thought Dr. Oz could help this much? Amazing.

I am very happy for Traci. It is wonderful to read a positive post.

Kristy
    Kristy
    This is my Facebook page

That is indeed the miracle of Love

I am very happy for you Traci and my best wishes for your family. You may have some hard times ahead but with that love and support, all will in the end be well.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your kind caring words, and the support that you have given for both my wife and myself. Not just today which I am profoundly humble over, but also for all the time I have been here.

Many of you who have been on here for a long time, know that like Bree, I came to a point that I said goodbye to all of you. I felt with the help of my Psychiatrist that I needed to move on from being or thinking in the terms of being a transsexual to being simply a woman.

I indeed tried to leave you all behind (not because I did not care about all of you but because I felt I needed to move on for my own well being) but after awhile I realized that we are not "just" a community of Transsexuals. We are each others life line and beacon in the darkness. I could not stay away. So I returned with even greater resolve to stay and do what I can to be a good steward for all those who are embarking on their own journey.

Sometimes on here I am philosophical, sometimes I offer up my best thoughts, advice, and experience. At other times, I am humorous and try to lighten things up even if for only a few minutes. It is true that I have had my disagreements with some of you but never in malice.

I don't think outsiders can understand us but we do! We are each others support, rock, confidant, and comforter. I do believe that all of our journeys are unique unto ourselves but that we all share some basic commonality in our journeys that bind us together.

As my date approaches, I will be asking those of you who used the same doctor as I will be using to PM me so I can pick your brain to make our trip as smooth as possible.

But please know that you all mean a lot to me and I am so glad to be here.

Gold Member
    Traci;
    That is so wonderful, I am very happy for you and your wife.
    Rader