Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was just leaving work when someone shouted "Tranny"

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar

Was just leaving work when someone shouted "Tranny"

I was just leaving the store I work at this evening when a colleague and friend shouted "Tranny" and pointed in my general direction. I stopped, took a deep breath and went back to the group that had gathered, at which point He sort of pointed with his eyes at what appeared to be an elderly Lady crossing the car park "thats a tranny" he said. My emotion at this point was somewhat mixed, gratitude that my secret was intact, and pity for someone not unlike myself having to suffer public ridicule

I don't think that this person would have enough other redeeming qualities that I'd still be able to call him a friend.

That he not only had a problem with her lifestyle, but beyond that had to be the type that shouted out to ridicule her... I don't believe I could associate with this person anymore.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Public ridicule is the big scary stuff for me... but what motivates someone to make a public declaration like that? I seriuously wonder what they are trying to achieve... A part of me tells me that they aren't thinking, they are just doing what their predetermined mindset tells them... Scares the hell out of me though... however we intellectualise things...

I suspect that there are still Neanderthal genes circulating, even after all these years!

'Against stupidity the Gods themselves labour in vain".... Schiller
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    only "tranny" in my vocabulary>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was just leaving work when someone shouted out Tranny !! HERE !! Oh thought someone yelled my name ? My bad !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    That he not only had a problem with her lifestyle, but beyond that had to be the type that shouted out to ridicule her... I don't believe I could associate with this person anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Public ridicule is the big scary stuff for me... but what motivates someone to make a public declaration like that? I seriuously wonder what they are trying to achieve...
    Things are different here in the UK to the US, its zero tolerance here, I believe the thinking is by ridiculing someone who dares to be different, no one will accuse them of anything

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    Things are different here in the UK to the US, its zero tolerance here, I believe the thinking is by ridiculing someone who dares to be different, no one will accuse them of anything
    HA,,,HA,,,HA,, Surely you gest ? Thats the BIGGEST thing everywhere ,, Throw the spotlight on someone else ! It aint no PICNIC here ether . Ya gotta pick your battles ,, JESSICA WHO does it best with comedy . Me too,, Best way to shut em up . Ya might not want step two ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    HA,,,HA,,,HA,, Surely you gest ? It aint no PICNIC here ether .
    No Jest, I think it is

Banned Read only
    You should have taken the opportunity to educate that person on, #1 How immature it is to call people names. #2 How calling someone "tranny" in that context is bullying! #3 What a jerk he was for doing that!!!

Banned Read only
    Don't get me wrong! I use the word Tranny to describe myself and my tranny girlfriends all the time. I have no problem being called that either. But if its someone who is useing it in a derogatory manner then I have a problem with it!

Platinum Member
    Hi Emma, You do know that you just can't fix STUPID.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I would have smiled and waived.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I would have smiled and waived.
    I love your comment!!!

how did he know the person he was pointing at was a "tranny" was his penis showing otherwise it was a cruel assumption and shouldn't have been said
    "you can't tell a book by lookin at the cover"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

the real pity is you allowed it to continue to "keep YOUR secret".

This would have been a good time to say something compassionate about the lady, in contrast to your friend's callous behavior.
    Reine

Ouch - Misread the OP! I thought the guy WAS referring to the older lady's car! Not so funny!
    Last edited by Debglam; 03-22-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Reading error!
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    the real pity is you allowed it to continue to "keep YOUR secret".
    I second that emotion. It's silly to get upset at a douchebag for just being a douchebag. I'm calling out the girl who didn't have the seeds to tell the dork he should mind his own business.

Shame on you Emma for not speaking out for your sisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Wow! Insulting a complete stranger for appearently no reason is such a deplorable and immature act. Like a two year old pointing out things they see ..."truck" or "doggie." The diiference is the child has a bigger vocabulary. I understand your uneasy feeling in the situation, but she may have appreciated hearing someone standing up for her.
    The meaning of life is to win the human race, or maybe, it's just finding the perfect shoes.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    Verily the press in the UK has been brutal to some of our sisters. My personal nightmare is to be accosted, chased, de-wigged and worse by a group of mall rats.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Every once in a while in male mode I have the occasion to hear someone make a negative comment about a LGBT person. I make it a point to make sure that they know that their comment is not appreciated at all, usually by a comment along the lines of "can we be a bit more mature, please?" or "Do you really feel so insecure about your sexuality that you have to ridicule others?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I second that emotion. It's silly to get upset at a douchebag for just being a douchebag. I'm calling out the girl who didn't have the seeds to tell the dork he should mind his own business.

Shame on you Emma for not speaking out for your sisters.
    Well I am backing her up. I strongly disagree with yo Melissa. You are doing this your way..which is good for you...it's not too good for me... I transitioned for me...it was the first thing in my life I ever did just for myself, and I reserve the right to do it MY way...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    Well I am backing her up. I strongly disagree with yo Melissa. You are doing this your way..which is good for you...it's not too good for me... I transitioned for me...it was the first thing in my life I ever did just for myself, and I reserve the right to do it MY way...
    How strongly? ;-)

I'm not understanding your position though Kait, why would you disagree that she should have said something to her "friend". I'm not saying she should have pulled out the T-Flag, but a gentle verbal correction at the very least was in order here. This guy was yelling what I can only assume was a slur at this poor woman. What if it had been a black person and a rascist A-hole yelled out Ni**er? Would you say something then?

How about "hey hey, that's a little over the line there buddy, let's try and keep our adolescent opinions between us". What is the alternative? To pretend that you didn't hear it? ...and what does it have to do with a transition?

A totally closeted CD could speak up in a situation like that and nobody would suspect a thing other than he was a pretty good guy. I'm surprised that you would disagree with me on this one, but I still think you're an okay broad. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    How strongly? ;-)

I'm not understanding your position though Kait, why would you disagree that she should have said something to her "friend". I'm not saying she should have pulled out the T-Flag, but a gentle verbal correction at the very least was in order here. This guy was yelling what I can only assume was a slur at this poor woman. What if it had been a black person and a rascist A-hole yelled out Ni**er? Would you say something then?

How about "hey hey, that's a little over the line there buddy, let's try and keep our adolescent opinions between us". What is the alternative? To pretend that you didn't hear it? ...and what does it have to do with a transition?

A totally closeted CD could speak up in a situation like that and nobody would suspect a thing other than he was a pretty good guy. I'm surprised that you would disagree with me on this one, but I still think you're an okay broad. ;-)
    i read her post as to say she is not out to anyone...and its a work oriented situation... i can't imagine a real friend saying that as a derogatory thing...
    So i think it tough to push somebody that is choosing to do this privately to out themselves ..

How strongly?? hmmm.. i guess really strongly? its a little less than extra strongly.. i know when i feel strongly its probably very intimidating!!!

kidding aside,
    just focusing on your post, i agree with you..if one of my friends (All of them know about me) said something like that I'd let them know and i'd also be really really disappointed (kind of like hearing the "truth" about how they really feel)..i'd probably have a hard time feeling good about them again..

Hi,

A miner point would be was this older lady a male . female or a mix of both how did this person know . could she have been intersexed like my self & yet is a woman yet just shows masculine features. i wonder how he came to this he knew what this person was / is,

...noeleena...