Thread: Tattoo Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member

Tattoo Ideas

Ok, so a while ago I had the thought that it might be cool to commemorate my going 24/7 with a tattoo. I've never wanted a tattoo before... but this seems like such an important thing for me to accomplish that... well... why the heck not?! I'm my new attempt to get things going, this idea popped back into my head.

I have had some ideas of what I wanted to do, but I wanted to see if anyone else here has any ideas.

How about the date that you started full time?

Most of my tattoos have a memory that goes with them all comemorate my life. There are biker tattoos feminine tattoos there are tattoos designed by friends and tattoos done by my late wife. Many of these are being covered to look more fem. I'm truly a work in progress, I don't really hate any of them just want them to look more like something a woman would wear proudly.

After SRS I got a tramp stamp that says........... other side up!

kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Bree- you are such a sweetheart-

I doubt i'd ever get a tattoo- unless it was a full size replica of a GG...

here is what my wife wants to get-

Oolong- Mayland Long. I have to admit- of all the dragon images i've seen - this is my fave.

A pot of oolong tea and a good book. Nothing better exists.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about a butterfly, a symbol of change

My tattoo

Here is a pic of mine. It was drawn by the artist and my name is in the handwriting of someone very special to me. My only regret is that I didn't get it bigger. It is just above my bikini line. The blue on the outer part of the wings symbolizes the male I present to the world and the pink on the inside of the wings represents the woman that lives inside of me.

Racel
    Last edited by Rachel Smith; 04-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Just take your time and make sure it is someting that will always represent the way you feel and will always feel .Once the ink is down it is permanent .i have over 18 tats i know
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    ...this idea popped back into my head.
    I don't want to be killjoy, but this does not sound like the thought process that should precede doing something permanent to one's body.

My standard advice to folks considering a tattoo is to settle on a design, date it, and put it in a drawer. Take it out every once in a while and make whatever changes seem appropriate. After a year has passed, if the desire to have the tattoo still survives, go for it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have only one tattoo. I will probably add to it in a manner to make it more androgynous or girlie friendly at some point in the future, as right now it's not femme. My one bit of advice is this; make sure that whatever you get done is something you will always agree with, be proud of, and want to express. Also, have it done in a place and manner that it will still look good and appropriate when you are 80 and in a nursing home. Gravity affects your tattoo as skin sags with age, that's something many people forget. Beyond that, it's your body. If you are willing to face surgery to be happy, there is no reason to avoid getting inked.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

Banned Read only
    Hi Bree,

I have five tattoos with most of them depicting roses, and barbed wire.

A cashier at a grocery store asked me why the combination of barbed wire and roses that she saw in my tattoo on my right arm.
    I replied it equates to being beautiful but deadly.
    She liked that answer.

Julia

Bree I have no tattoo but have thought about one. But I have yet seen one pretty enough to put on my body.

I guess I will just have to wait for the right one to come along.
    Kristy
    This is my Facebook page

HW change required Andie Elisabeth's Avatar
    As a trekkie I am still considering to get a full body Trill marks.

Girl on the left
    Last edited by Andie Elisabeth; 04-15-2012 at 06:38 AM.
    "It'll be just like old times, except...different" -- Ezri Dax

Quote Originally Posted by Andie Elisabeth View Post
    As a trekkie I am still considering to get a full body Trill marks.

Girl on the left
    Oh come on, who wouldn't want a full body tattoo of Michael Dorn?

HW change required Andie Elisabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Oh come on, who wouldn't want a full body tattoo of Michael Dorn?
    Nah, I don't need to look like a Klingon. Testosterone caused klingon temper is more than enough trouble for me. (-_-)
    "It'll be just like old times, except...different" -- Ezri Dax

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    i've seen a woman w/some Trill tattoos, it was quite beautiful !
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Hi Bree and everyone.
    A very old friend who owned a tatto shop told me once, "You don't find a Tat..it finds you" His meaning was, you may not actually see the art..but the concept will stick in your mind. Once it's been unchanged for a while..it's time to find the artist to do it. I'm at the stage now, where I know that I will be getting an Orchid, likely on my left chest. Small, maybe 2-3 inches. Now to find the artist.

Most of the time in my life I am dressed and acting as a male (this while I try to figure out the extent of my TGism)...during all these hours in drab, I usually wear a girly bracelet, sliding it up my arm so that it's not visible, but that I can feel it. It's become my symbol, my talisman of my newly discovered "other (real?) gender. Bree, do you have something like that? A symbol that you use on your computer desktop, or your phone, or that you keep in your pocket? I'm not a tattoo person (yet!) but if I were to get one it would be of my personal symbol...so that's what I'd vote for...and, hey -- getting a small tattoo to honor your TSness is a wonderful idea!

elizabethamy

What Me Worry
    I am looking at getting a tat of a butterfly but have yet to figure out where to place it.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Banned Read only
    i got one several years ago and now I wished i hadn't its in a spot that is very visible unless i wear a shirt with sleeves, and almost makes wearing a dress or a spaghetti top or some with straps impossible. im going to have to look into getting it removed at some point.

Have not done them yet, and won't for a couple more years, but I have researching designs and thinking about this for over 4 years now and I am at the point where I have pretty much settled on what I want. I would like to to two (2) to start, (one at a time) 1.) a very feminine ankel chain for my left ankel, with possibly a toe (pointe - See my Avatar) shoe charm hanging from it. (A lady at work has something similar to that idea.) and 2.) either two point shoes intertwined togeater, a ballerina en passe' (or possibly doing a grand jete'), or some form of the standard butterfly on my lower back/tramp stamp area. That's really all I think I would ever do, but if I decide to do one more, then it will be something for my pelvic area around my bikini line. That would absolutly be it. Nothing that can be seen unless I want them seen, and nothing big.
    Last edited by Sarah V; 04-15-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I have said this before. Think about what you want and where you want it.

Wait 3 months.

If after 3 months you still want it go for it!