Thread: HRT Letter In Hand!

HRT Letter In Hand!

I have got the recommendation letter to start HRT!!!!!!! I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. with the doctor to begin HRT. Wonder how much I will sleep tonight?

Thank you all for your support and I look forward to letting you know how this next big step goes for me!!!!!

Jeri

That is absolutely fantastic. I wish you all the best.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

That's great! I remember that feeling and it gets better every day!
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    That's great news!
    I have a copy of mine that I can look back on anytime I want.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    At a guess, you might get one or two minutes sleep. This is great news! Don't forget to keep us informed of how things are going.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Silver Member
    That's awesome. The simple fact that you are starting HRT will make you feel better... but you'll be amazed at how at-peace you can become internally when you have the proper hormones pumping through your system.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Paaawwrrrr taa !

There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

What a wonderful milestone, all the best from me to you
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    That is fantastic news all the best in your journey.
    Come join me on facebook

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Congratulations, Jeri. That must feel great.

Silver Member
    Congratulations, Jeri. I'll be following your experience with great interest.

Lea
    Lea

Banned Read only
    Jeri,

Fantastic news!!

Go Go Go!!!

YAY!!

Julia

Congratulations, Jeri, for this most momentous of occasions.

It kind of makes you anxious for the future momentous occasions to get here already, doesn't it?
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Little Girl
    Oh well too late to tell you not worry about it and get some sleep. It's a gradual change, not an abrupt one, not like surgery or anything.

Thanks for all of the encouragement today. However, I did hit a little hiccup...the doctor that was recommended to me does not do the initial start of HRT she only maintains once you have started. She did check my bloodwork and recommended another doctor in town. She said that once I started the medication that she would then be glad to maintain. Her biggest concern was knowing which drugs would be best for me and how much. I will be calling this other doctor tomorrow and make an appointment ASAP. The good news is that I have the letter from my therapist and I will continue to take it with me until I have a prescription in hand.

So sorry to hear that. Knowing that you have the letter will hopefully make it easier to wait a little bit. Nothing about this process goes at the rate that we would like. I hope that you are well and your next appointment happens soon

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeri1973 View Post
    Thanks for all of the encouragement today. However, I did hit a little hiccup...the doctor that was recommended to me does not do the initial start of HRT she only maintains once you have started. She did check my bloodwork and recommended another doctor in town. She said that once I started the medication that she would then be glad to maintain. Her biggest concern was knowing which drugs would be best for me and how much. I will be calling this other doctor tomorrow and make an appointment ASAP. The good news is that I have the letter from my therapist and I will continue to take it with me until I have a prescription in hand.
    You might want to stick with the doctor that will prescribe HRT. From the sound of it, your current doctor doesn't know much about it. You can see more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    You might want to stick with the doctor that will prescribe HRT. From the sound of it, your current doctor doesn't know much about it. You can see more than one.
    That is pretty much what I was thinking. The only plus is that the doctor I saw today is working with several trans women to maintain their HRT. She stated that she would like to research and study much more about the process and so forth.

On another note I can't wait until I have that wonderful smile that you have and letting it show everyday as I become the real me.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeri1973 View Post
    That is pretty much what I was thinking. The only plus is that the doctor I saw today is working with several trans women to maintain their HRT. She stated that she would like to research and study much more about the process and so forth.

On another note I can't wait until I have that wonderful smile that you have and letting it show everyday as I become the real me.
    On the one hand, it's awesome that she wants to learn more about us and how to help us.

On the other hand, do you want to be a guinea pig?

If you want to help her, maybe you can guide her to some online resources and have occasional checkups with her detailing your bloodwork, changes in medication and how you are dealing with it. It would be great to add another accepting, informed doctor to the very small list.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    On the one hand, it's awesome that she wants to learn more about us and how to help us.

On the other hand, do you want to be a guinea pig?
    If everyone thought like that, then no new doctors would gain any experience
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    If everyone thought like that, then no new doctors would gain any experience
    I wouldn't hesitate to work with a doctor who was being trained, mentored, or supervised by a colleague who did have the experience. That's different than a doctor self training or having his patients educating him.

Lea
    Lea