Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How has your dressing evolved over the years?

I am beginning to pick up on a theme here. I started much the same way as alot of you, at a young age it was quick and sexual. Now that I have gotten older it has become a comfort zone that is actually less sexual than male mode. I think my feelings about how I view it have evolved more than my look or what I like to wear. I have settled on my style though, instead of random outfits.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Like many I've been cross dressing most of my life. Now when I dress I like to go out in public and spend time as Joanne. Going out and doing normal things like shopping, dining, going to the movies means I have to blend. I try to dress like other 50 year old women I see but maybe a little bit more put together and a little bit prettier.

My dressing has evolved along very similar to paths to some of the other ladies.

I recently described in another thread when I acquired my first women's clothing at around age 15 (before then I would experiment with my Mom's stuff). I would say all through my adolescent life was an experimental phase. I didn't really know what I was doing or what I wanted. I just knew that sometimes I felt like I should be a girl and wearing feminine things was my only outlet.

In college I finally started buying my own clothing, but it was always lingerie. For the longest time I was just very content to wear a pair of panties. Then I added bras, stockings, etc. While I was still in college I began experimenting with makeup (just a tube of lipstick) and suddenly found my obsession for shoes. At that time I was still finding myself and wanted the sexiest, most extravegant pairs I could find (think stilletos, platforms, and thigh high boots).

I went through two purges. One right after I graduated from college and the other a couple years after my wife and I got married. After my second purge I stopped dressing and tried to deny who I truly was for about 3 years. Then after a lot of inner reflection I finally accepted myself for who I am and started buying things and dressing again. At this point in my life however my dressing really blossomed.

I don't know what the reasons were but ever since then I have no longer been content to just wear a pair panties or just some lipstick. I bought a wig, started buying real makeup (i.e. not cheap, mail order stuff), perfume, jewelry, and accessories. I started buying age appropriate clothing and shoes (no more stilletos). Then I went out en femme for the first time and I loved it. It had been an urge growing inside me (and strangely not an urge I had when I was younger and just hanging out in my apartment with a pair of panties on).

At this point in my life it isn't about dressing anymore, it's about being a woman. I never underdress and I don't lounge around the house in a pair of panties anymore (even when I have the house to myself). I'm at a point in my life now that if I can't be a "woman" (i.e. makeup, hair, clothing, accessories, etc.) and go out en femme I don't bother.

I think I was more fetish to start. Heels and stockings and short skirts. I did not care about my upper half. Then it evolved into a "look" of a clubbing 20-30 year old. Now I am a nicely dressed, upper end but still sexy not conservative woman in middle age...usually.

Complete look, head ti toe.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Wink

My experience started before I was 10 yeas old and now I am in my 60's, it started with just stockings and panties, progressed to full transformation when I was in my early 20's then nothing for 14 yeas then progressively from shoes to full transformation, then nothing until I was in my mid 50's. Now I am married to the only person who knows about Kathryn and is totally supportive and I dress completely head to toe when I can, go out and mingle as and when I can.
    My wife says that because I am a full blown Gemini it is like living with 4 different people sometimes. But she says it with a smile mostly.
    I hope this answers your question.
    Kathryn xx

I'm strictly closet, and absolutely adore stockings and garters, not so much of the other femme stuff. But it's kind of hard to say where the evolution began. When I was for or five years old, my mother's bridge club would come to the house dressed to the nines in seamed stockings and heels. In hot weather, they would often raise their skirts and expose stocking tops, garters and straps and bare thigh. I wondered where those straps went. But I didn't get to wear things like that, and really wanted to try them out; even then they sensous and tantalizing. I started by collecting and trying on laddered stockings from the trash. Of course, they were very long for a five year old, and I've always loved my stockings nice and long. I pulled the stockings up my legs and held them up nice and tightly. I absolutely loved the unique feeling. At first, I had no garters, and could only hold the stockings up. But then I found in our attic a box of discarded clothing which included a couple of tattered open girdles. They must have been for young girls, because they sort of fit me. I excitedly put on the stockings, and then had the most difficult time figuring out how to attach the garters. When I finally succeeded, the long stockings were very loose, and i had to struggle bunching them up to garter them snugly. i was in seventh heaven.
    The fascination with stockings and garters has stayed with me all my life. It's evolved through all kinds of gartered garments, fishnets, lacetops, seams and seamless, and you name it. I still love to wear stockings and garters

It's an interesting question and I can fully understand just about all of the replies so far. With myself, it was initially a fascination with underwear - I loved the immensly varied range of female underwear, and having had a relationship with an older woman (while in in my teens) who dressed to tease just increased my fascination. I started off with panties, then suspender belts and stockings, then bras too. Basically I dressed in stuff that I wanted my next girlfriend to wear.............

Since joining this website I've progressed dramatically, the underwear (whilst still very important) is almost secondary to the 'full look', without the infomation I've found here I would never have worn a pair of heels, a swing dress, pantyhose/tights, and god forbid - make up.

It used to be a very sexual thing with the underwear, now it's a 'look female' thing. I'm so used to seeing myself in the mirror with shoulder length blond hair and red lipstick, that if my landlady turned up for an unexpected visit I would no longer know how to present myself.

My weekly wash is one for work clothes, one for girl clothes (how do we use so many pairs of panties?) and nighties

So, in answer to you question, I've gone from panties to dresses, shoes, lingerie, make up, wigs and shapewear (Jees, do I need to get a kind of life?)

Bestv wishes, Alice

PS swimwear is coming into it as well, I'm going on holiday soon and I've promised myself that I will wear a one-piece and a bikini on the beach (that's progress!!) photo's to follow!
    Last edited by aliceeliot; 04-15-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: syntsx - I must learn to type proper!!

When I was younger I mostly thought about dressing but rarely did it. When I did it was just a skirt or a leotard and no accessories.

When I turned 50 I decided to try "it all". The first time was awful, but it got better. I knew I was on the right track when I sat down at my vanity , looked in the mirror, and saw my sister!

I started.going out first with my wife. Jeans and frilly tops at first. Skirts a little later. I would get.to wear something a little dressier when we would go out to an evening show.

I got better as the years went on and met some other t-girls. When I started going out with them I was free to use more makeup and sexier clothes. I started out a little shy but how shy can you be when your dancing in clubs in downtown Boston in a cocktail.dress?

I've started to find my own style so now I usually wear a halter dress as it seems to flatter my shape the best. I think the thing that has evolved the most is my face. Both in my makeup and my familiarity. Just looking at my pictures I can see how I smile, how I hold my head, and just my expressiveness.

I now run a t-girl group twice a month. That gets me out to the club dressed up during q regular month and then I try to get out shopping during the day too. I love.getting really dressed up and doing karaoke and dancing. I would have to say that I enjoy the days the most.when I can just go out shopping or dining with my wife or daughter. I love when the waitress says hello ladies!
    Sally