Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate your City/State/Country on CD/TG Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD

Post How would you rate your City/State/Country on CD/TG Issues

This is a completely psudo-Scientific survy conducted by the DeWinter Research Lab.

Rate your Country/State/City on CD/TG in general. Feel free to comment why.

10 - Everything is wonterful ! Full acceptence where you can dress anyway you want,at work,during the day,nights, no crass comments or degratory remarks.
    5 - Ehhh , people could go either way.
    0- Where is my Closet ! It's safe in the dark.

United States - 4 - During the day you might be snickered at, occasional bigotry in certain areas. Can be detramental to your health in the wrong place. At night be around friends ,as you can never tell who lurkes in the shadows.

Maryland - 4 Pretty much the same as above.

Baltimore - 5 Has a thriving community but should be careful where you go at night. again stay with friends.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I rate it a 3. Massachusetts is quite conservative.

7-10 in NY/NJ/PA....... I have been treated pretty well to excellent at nearly every place I go.

I am legally allowed in NJ to use thw womens' rest room. The key words in the law are gender expression. Kelly, I believe Baltimore County passed a similar law, as a result of the Chrissy Polis. incident.

For those who have not gone out, I can say it takes a couple of times to get used to feeling comfortable doing it. Keep in mind that 90% of the battle is your own fear & emotions, not the outside world. I constantly push the envelope by interacting with people. You'll never get 100% acceptance, but my positive experiences have been more than I ever believed or anticipated.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-13-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Remember to rate the country you live in as well as the closest city.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Missouri a 5! Lebanon, population 12,000 a 6! I never have any trouble being out! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

The avvy pic isn't me
    Idaho here,
    2 for my county (Canyon County), which is very farming oriented and therefore quite red around the neck area.

4 for the city of Boise (our state capital), which like many metro areas has it's nightclubs and sections of acceptance (in Boise it is the north End).

For the state in general tho, barely a 3. The legislature voted to shelf a bill 'adding the words' which would have protected people who identify as trans.

Much room for improvement tbh.

Well, My city, Winston-Salem I'll rate about a 3. It's just not a very acceptaing place in a state that in general outside of a few places that is firmly in the Bible Belt.
    North Carolina as a whle I would give a 5, possibly a 6. That is heavily weighted by Charlotte, Ralleigh-Durham and Asheville. Outside of those ares and Greensboro it can be a bit touchy at times.
    The US, I'll give a 5. There are some wonderful ares, and some that would run me back into my closet faster than a thunderstorm when I was 3.

Hi,

Down under New Zealand rate at 8 overall, north isl about 7 , south isl about 9 the west coast of the south isl is very open minded a 10.

i have been all over the south isl & the people 90 % dont seem to have a problem .

Timaru north of us 1 / 2 an hour 38.000 people & Oamaru south of us 1 / 2 an hour 15.000 people have been very accepting of my self so we have many friends,

Waimate under 3.500 people have known us for 15 years, rated more than 10.

Being known for a long time has made things very different & no friends have walked away. in fact we have many new friends as well .

I would say 3 % dont accept because of thier own issues, you may think iv rated us as to high not from where i stand, or live,

...noeleena...

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    The state of Tennessee 3
    Sullivan County 2.5
    Bristol 2
    My 5 acres.... any damn thing you want!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Sacramento is an 8 at least. CA in general is very good, laws protect TG community here as well as anywhere. Still, some places are much less tolerant or accepting as others.

Cardiff has a thriving LGBT community and plenty of tolerant venues, 6. I'd say UK legal environment was not too shabby, 6. Where I live in a little mining village I'd expect 3. We're more tolerant of eccentricity here, besides you'll see a gang of jocks on a stag night dressed up as mock females most weekends in Cardiff. I say mock females because it certainly ain't crossdressing as we know it, darlings!
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Texas is a 2 at most. At least the area I live in. People still think Busch is the best beer under the sun. Ewww!!! Houston, I think has a better tollerance overall, at around a 3. I hate living in the south. If you don't fit into a "mold" then you are an outsider. I can't tell you how bad it is just being made fun of for being from "the north." If they hold that against me....what will they think about a crossdressing yankee? LOL.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jessica, If you hate the South so much, why don't you move back to yankeeland?

I'd have though Maryland and Massachusetts would have ranked higher these days, given the new anti-discrimination laws.

Virginia is a long way off from passing such laws, it seems.

But the people are more accepting, depending on where you are, than the government. I'd give it a careful 4.
    DonnaT

Yes, Virginia covers the whole gammit. From the hillbilly (West) Virginia boarder to the metro area near DC, to the military east coast and the confederate civil war slave-minded area around Richmond. I live in the east coastal part and even though the military is quite conservative, they are also more diverse thinking. My Angel, we were interracial, was far more comfortable here in the military area than in the Richmond, Va area. One good thing was here in Suffolk, which you all are aware of in the national news a month ago, the school board shot down the proposal to ban crossdressing (non-gender conformity of students), after the local civil rights and TG groups put up some resistance.

So I'm with Donna and give Virginia a 4, althouht I think I would give the US a 5 or maybe a 6 overall.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by RobynB View Post
    Jessica, If you hate the South so much, why don't you move back to yankeeland?
    Job. I miss Virginia very much. Texas is too hot, too dry, too crowded, too politically corrupt. As long as Texans have their guns and cheap oil....then they are happy. Texas is the most expensive state to own a sports car. I would move back, but what is sad is the requirements in training for what I do are three times as much as needed then down in the south. I know you are supposed to like where you live, but the Texas constitution is so full of holes, you would think the Swiss came up with it. Every corner has some violent offender who has been convicted for manslaughter...yet....get four DWIs and you get 25 hard time. Makes no sense to me. I'll jump off my soap box now, and say if someone would buy me a home in any part of Virginia, I would move back in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie-L View Post
    What part of Texas are ya in Darlin? I am in the DFW area and have it OK. There is some teasing about being a Yankee but it is mostly in fun. The resources here for the T community are OK, sometimes it can be hard to find specific providers, but most are pretty good. I go out as often as possible, and have never had a problem, but when I traveled through Amarillo, that was a different story. I would give the big cities a 5, maybe a 6, but the smaller towns probably a 2 or 3. Of course in male mode I tend to fade into the background pretty well, and in female I try not to stand out a lot, just my personality..........Stephanie
    Houston area. I know Dallas has a big crowd of TG people.....but it has a big crowd of almost everyone! Plus, it's quite a drive. I'm sorry for all who live here, just Texas gets on my nerves with its logic that hasn't changed since the Alamo.
    Last edited by Jessica86; 04-14-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Hmm.

The United States- overall maybe a 5. I think in general most people don't care as long as it does not affect them directly. The more middle of the country you get the lower the score. So average 5

Colorado. In the front range metro area 8-9. The further south you get the lower the score and Colorado Springs unfortunately has attracted the fringe churches so they get skewed a bit.

The high country tourist area will be 7-8 because hey, they want your money. Vail and Aspen probably a 10. The more agricultural areas both east and west and far south..3 maybe.

Denver metro area 8. There are few places you cannot go. There are many welcoming places. Most places don't care as long as you comport yourself in a normal manner. Areas of Denver are 10 especially the capital hill and LoDo areas.

Overall 8.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hi, I'm new here and I just moved to boulder co as well.
    So do you have problems with the police here if you dress and go out late late night?
    I actually have the same fears for the police more than citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    Texas is a 2 at most. At least the area I live in. People still think Busch is the best beer under the sun. Ewww!!! Houston, I think has a better tollerance overall, at around a 3. I hate living in the south. If you don't fit into a "mold" then you are an outsider. I can't tell you how bad it is just being made fun of for being from "the north." If they hold that against me....what will they think about a crossdressing yankee? LOL.
    What part of Texas are ya in Darlin? I am in the DFW area and have it OK. There is some teasing about being a Yankee but it is mostly in fun. The resources here for the T community are OK, sometimes it can be hard to find specific providers, but most are pretty good. I go out as often as possible, and have never had a problem, but when I traveled through Amarillo, that was a different story. I would give the big cities a 5, maybe a 6, but the smaller towns probably a 2 or 3. Of course in male mode I tend to fade into the background pretty well, and in female I try not to stand out a lot, just my personality..........Stephanie

I will rate the Cook County and Illinois at a six. Chicago which is six blocks away as a six also. My time in Park Ridge is too short to make an evaluation.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My city would be rated a 0. Talk about transphobic! Nobody goes out dressed here. If I travel 100 miles to the next biggest city it gets an 8.

Canada might be great with TG rights but this city is in the dark ages. Being a border city and Car capital of Canada might be the main reasons. Lunch bucket mentality, the unions press for rights here but just don't be a guy in a dress or you're on your own!

Banned Read only
    United States- 2/3 Too many religious bigots that have yet to be taken down to score any higher than this.

Pennsylvania--6 PA has gender marker ID in place for drivers license but patch work of local laws keeps the overall score from being higher.

Allentown-----6 Allentown has laws in effect concerning restroom usage as well as anti discrimination laws as it pertains to employment and housing.
    It also has a very high murder and violent crime rate and on a population ratio has more murders per year on average than Philadelphia.

Little Girl
    USA - 5/10
    Oklahoma :
    (big cities, OKC and Tulsa) - 5/10
    rest of it - 0.5/10

There's a drag club in the city called The Boom that's a 10/10 (probably some more places in Tulsa). There's also a place in Norman called the Hidden Castle that's run by a crossdresser, but I've never been.
    "Listen to pickles - she is wise beyond her species." - Krististeph

Our country probably rates 4-5 overall. Nothing dangerous just looks, comments and remarks from people. My city would be about a 3.

Ok, I'm going to jump in on this. I would rate the Knoxville Tennessee area somewhere around a 3-6. And, yes, that is in the bible belt. I've never had any problems when I've been out, even though I've only been out 3 or 4 times in Knoxville. What is with this Texas bashing????? It's only the greatest state in America. Just kidding.....maybe. A lot of my friends give me hell about being a Texan. I like to think it's jelousy. To each his own i guess.