View Poll Results: What's your SO like with this CrossDressing thing?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single, live alone

24 13.87%
  • Single, live with others who don't know/aren't accepting

2 1.16%
  • Single, live with accepting other

11 6.36%
  • Married, SO doesn't know

14 8.09%
  • Married, SO is accepting

79 45.66%
  • Married, SO knows, is NOT accepting

40 23.12%
  • Single, Not sure

1 0.58%
  • Married, Not sure

2 1.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your SO like?

Departed
    When I was married she knew. I told her before we were even engaged. She was tolerant at times, other times she seemed she just didn't want to talk about it. I really never knew where she was until I brought it up.

She claimed to be accepting but her actions at times said not. There was times she would help me with makeup or take the kids to her mom's so I could have a dress up weekend. But there was also times I needed to talk about it and would carefully bring it up and she'd change the subject. It was very confusing.

I had suggested she join SPICE or come to Tri-Ess meetings to learn more but she wasn't comfortable with that. Later I invited her to join me when I went out dressed but she wasn't ready to do that yet. I tried to help her come to know this part of me better but she never showed any desire. In the long run it kept us from growing closer and added to our finally distancing ourselves from each other to the point of no return.

Thumbs up A dream come true.

My SO found out when we started talking. She was a little confused with it but otherwise accepting.

I'm now a full time cd'er ((All accept a drab shirt to cover up)) and I couldnt be happier. I wouldn't trade her for the world. :be:

My wife accepts and helpswith the details.

Maria, I think you already wrote my reply. Married, knows, doesn't accept, no talking.......
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Yes she knows

Don't ask don't tell totally nonexceptable, she has kicked me out of the big bed so I don't know what is next will be married for 40 years this comming April if it lasts that long. If only.
    she used to do my hair and stuff back in the 70s but the kids were getting older and she asked me to put it away so I did for a long time guess what IT IS BACK and loving it. MY signature sais it all.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

My wife is accepting of my need to be feminine. Even though she doesn't much care for it. Her biggest statement is: let me accept in the time that I need: She knows that I dress as Claire on Monday's, like today. While she was recouping from her surgery (4 month worth) She actually told me to take time and be Claire for the day. I am thankful for her support in her own way.

Hugs, Claire

My wife does not know that I like to fully crossdress. She is aware that I have done so in the past and that I like to wear a womens robe and slippers around the house. She is also aware that I have a feminine side and enjoy being pampered at times, but she also equivocates crossdressers as homosexuals and wouldn't want her husband to turn out to be gay. I am working towards changing her attitude and will one day completely come out to her. I hope to have this a positive situation of acceptance.

I voted Married, SO doesn't know.

Love, Jo
    It is hard work to be beautiful.

What we are given is our Fate...What we do with it is our Destiny!

I'm really not sure how to answer this one. My wife lets me wear lingerie in bed (she's even bought me a few things), but I've never come out completely to her. I honestly don't know if she knows that my dressing goes beyond the occasional teddy and nylons in bed routine. There was a time that I thought she would never tolerate any sort of crossdressing, but I'm not so sure anymore. She sometimes makes little remarks about dressing, but nothing directly aimed at me. She will smile when something about cd'ing comes on the tv. I honestly think that she thinks it's cute.It would be such a relief if I could come out to her, but I just don't know.

My wife has known since we first got together, 25 plus years, and she has been very supportive. We often shop together and she buys things for me. I would have to say that she is accepting.

Rikki

When I am dressed she will have very little to do with me and definitely nothing intimate. She says it's too much like being a lesbian, Says she never had any leanings toward having any intimacies with another woman.
    Don't know whether that was good or bad. Does thqt mean I look very passable? I like to think so. But I'm also willing to be a lesbian too.
    Dawn

Removed!
    My GG is very suportive. We have no secrets from each other

( No really, yes I'm sure, no we tell each other everything, yes everything)

there are time she want's her MAN around but as long as I split the time out she has no problem with it, except stockings in bed. Drives her crazy go figure. So as long as I don't overwhelm her with it she is fine.

It took her a while to adjust to it so I was carful to go slowly and not overdo it which I think is the key. For the past few days I've been totally drab. Things to do and such but tonight I dressed up and am thinking of going out tomorrow en femme.

It's all about moderation, GG's want a man in thier life. They will tolerate a girlfried if she is'nt to pushy.

Hi Marla ~
    I voted single (longtime divorced, she knew I was TG) and live alone. Have no-one in my life and am happy with that right now. Close friends know and are accepting.

Hugs ~ Kim

Still on the fence...

My wife is also somewhere between tolerating and accepting, but, I believe (hope) she is leaning more towards acceptance.

One deal we have is if I/we buy something for Rachel, I/we buy something for her. The weekend before last, a local dept store had shoes & boots half off, so we both bought ourselves new boots, same style different colors. Works for me

Rachel Jean

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I voted single and living with accepting other. She is mostly ok with my CDing, but like others have said, sometimes she just needs a man. So our compromise is that I am a guy all weekend and I can do what I want during the week. Obviously since I'm not out at work, I don't show up in a skirt and heels but I do wear womens pants (khakis/jeans/dress pants) and women's loafers without much heel.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I fall under the single but not the alone I have my kids . When she was alive she didn't really accept cd'ing.
    what a fool I use to be

My SO is my wife, and we are more deeply in love today than we were when we married 16yrs ago. She is beautiful, funny, and wonderful mother. She is passionate, sensual, and I am sure there are many who envy our relationship.

She knows about 'Dayna'--even does her laundry when I don't--but prefers that I keep that side of me to myself (sigh...)

Guess we can't have everything, so I have learned to enjoy what I do have (and if that changes for the better next week, next year, or 10yrs from now, so be it!)
    -Dayna

Self-professed godess of Photoshop... because a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

great SO

My wife has been extremely supportive of my feminine inclinations. She is good looking, smart, and sensitive. We both feel that life is to short to have articles of clothing come in between love and devotion.

love,

vicky v
    "Hello, I must be going." Groucho Marx :winking:

I have a very lovely wife that knows about Barbara and things are great with her. We shop together and sometimes she will get clothing for me that she thinks I will like. I cannot pass so all of my activities stay in our home. I feel sad when I read some of the threads about how some of you don't have understanding so's that can't or won't help you in the way you want to dress. Believe me it is the ultimate to have such an understanding wife and I love her more each day.

does your wife know and accept

My wife knew about it before we were maried and thought it would go away,which it kind of did for about 20 years. About 8 years ago (mid-life crises?) i started getting interested again and this year for the first time i met another girl (twice!) My wife just ignores it as much as possible and in an otherwise good,strong marriage i can accept that from her.I would of course love for her to be involved in a positive way. Thanks for listening, Robin