Thread: A few more baby steps

A few more baby steps

I think it's pretty clear that my ambitions are not as grand as those of many others here - but I have to share my latest. Went out today to buy a new small netbook computer for travel dressed in all girl'swear though rather androgynous looking clothes. White oxford style blouse, black knit pullover partial zipfront sweater, jeans, camisole, white panties, white tights, and my leather high top lace brown leather laces shoes - and my silver butterfly necklace. Otherwise drab - no makeup, wig, etc. I'm the first to admit that there was nothing that screamed "femme" or "crossdresser" - or whatever - but at least I knew! And as any number of you have reported, no one cared, no one got excited and no one yelled "look at him!" The sales people were helpful, got the computer for me, and took my money. And we were all happy.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Do you think it was because you were comfortable with yourself, so everyone else was as well?

I like to think that at least in part it was my own comfort level (aided in part because I've done a lot of role playing and living history and a little bit of stage acting and public speaking) having learned in various roles over the years that confidence is a major part of how you are perceived - and frankly most people will not challenge you presented "role" if you seem comfortable and confident otherwise.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    And lovely Ellen gets the gold star today for having it right spot on. Now if I can just remember that when my time comes.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Congraduations Ellen! It gets better and more easy as you go! Always be proud of who you are! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Seethats what I always said , If your happy great , But if your not push it till your happy . If thats as far as you are willing or wanting to go well thats it , But if ya wanta go more its alot more WORK . So this is all about you
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Sounds like you did well Ellen. Our comfort level with ourselves affects others we come in contact with as well.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Congratulations on going out like that, Ellen!! You obviously have faith in yourself however you are dressed! I have been saying for some time that you must have faith in yourself if you are going to "pass" at all. Now I go out dressed totally enfemme from the skin out and never have any type of problems. And I wear no wig nor use any makeup! I am just a guy dressed enfemme, usually in a skirt and top! Most people just don't care unless you are dressed to really stand out!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Congrats, Ellen- I'm really happy for you!

Good for you Ellen. I plan to go out tomorrow on some errands wearing my girl jeans, a bra, panties, camisole perhaps a blouse and who knows what else. I do enjoy weearing mascara and eye shadow and even some lip gloss.

Congratulations Ellen!

Just don't drop your new netbook! I did that a few days ago and it wasn't the best thing to do!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).