Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar

Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

What I mean by that is this: When posting on these forums, I tend to forget that we're almost all actually men on here. But, subconsciously, I read posts and reply to posts on here as a female, or in "female mode" if you like - certainly not the way I would as a man....say, posting on a site that discusses other subject matter, such as politics or that sort of thing. I'm a far different person on this site than I am on other discussion forums. I'm softer, gentler, more forgiving, more understanding, and slower to anger when responding to postings here. I'm not saying that all women behave that way.....but I think it's safe to say that most GGs fit into those categories.

I just find it strange that my personality shifts to my feminine side - even although I'm sitting here in drab clothes. When I post here, I'm posting as Piora, regardless of what I'm wearing.

I know that it probably doesn't hurt that there are so many members here whose avatars show them as very feminine looking, and many could (and do) pass as women, I'm sure. But I was just thinking about this the other day, and realized that I do change personalities when posting on this site.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Interesting you should raise this Piora - because for the most part, I tend to think of all the CD'ers here as girls. Occasionally I get a reminder that they are, in fact, guys - normally when a post is made which displays somewhat typical male thinking! lol

I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed?

OK, here's a thought:
    Maybe some of us here are transgender.
    Some of us like expressing as the other gender. Some of us prefer not being in the gender we're born with. Some of us do like our birth gender but want variation. Some of us are going through, or have gone through the process of changing gender.

Seriously, though....what's so bad about the word transgender?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 03-25-2012 at 05:32 PM.

You're not annoying Rose! you have a good sense of humour and you tend to say it like it is - nowt wrong with that - our British humour isnt always understood though is it.

I do think of the other members as female and read it in the posts most of the time. And I find myself more tolerant to male attitudes not only here but in my life in general.
    When I am at home I am almost always in my night gown and robe no matter what time of day, so when I am here I am sort of dressed. That doesn't mater though, even when I am out as a male I find myself thinking in female mode.
    It’s not the clothes that make the man, but the clothes that make the man a woman!!!!

Thumbs up Very interesting post, Piora.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentpartner GG SO View Post
    Interesting you should raise this Piora - because for the most part, I tend to think of all the CD'ers here as girls. Occasionally I get a reminder that they are, in fact, guys - normally when a post is made which displays somewhat typical male thinking! lol I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed?
    Very interesting post, Piora. Now that you bring it up, I think you are right, at least from my perspective. And SP GG, you bring up a good point, too. I kind of think that I do switch back and forth (I'm still cogitating on that one as I write) between genders based on the clothing I'm wearing (i.e., often forced to wear). Point being. I can feel the road rage as it hits me, vice being hit, and have developed the habit of holding my acrylic nails out in front of me (on the steering wheel, of course, ) blowing very fast, like I'm drying them, to quickly bring me back into "Me!" And, it's working BTW Also, I always am "Me" around the house because I dress 24/7, with the nod of the head from my own "very precious SO" (a GG like you).
    BTW Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your beng here supporting those on the forum, and especially your SO. God Bless and keep you, dear one.

I'll think/refer to someone as the gender they're presenting as, besides I think there are only a handful of non TG males here anyway.
    I'm stuck looking like a man for the time being, but I don't see a difference posting wise.
    I am what I am stereotypes aside eh?

I'm not always enfemme when reading these forums but I always feel the same, whether I'm dressed or not. I post on lots of forums, Reddit, etc., and there's just one me. I don't need to be dressed in order to feel feminine but mannerisms and body language do flow more freely. I think of the other members here as "she" or "her" because it just seems appropriate. Plus, I know I love being referred to as Rachel, her, or she, even if only on this forum.

Aww, thankyou Misti, thats really sweet of you

thank you Piora for such thought provoking post, just as I like it , and following your assumption that most of CDers even when in drab while in here do really think and ethernet-behave as girls or at least softer more sensual then the usual male counterpart.

[SIZE="3"]Now, I pose another question which really is a part B of your question: [/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Do you think of that other, girly behavior as true, as your own, or is it simply a play on environment, and which is more comfortable????[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Silentpartner GG SO View Post
    I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if you're not dressed?
    I've thought about this, and I have found that while I certainly enjoy posting on this site fully dressed the best, my thought process and "mode" is exactly the same, whether I am in drab (which is usually the case, as I don't get to dress as much as I'd like) or enfemme. But I don't think that way when I'm not on this site. It's almost like I automatically enter female mode as soon as I log in.

While I certainly wouldn't call myself a very masculine man (I'm not much for sports and I'm not macho in the least), I certainly feel different while I am posting on here. Right now, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    OK, here's a thought:
    Maybe some of us here are transgender.
    Some of us like expressing as the other gender. Some of us prefer not being in the gender we're born with. Some of us do like our birth gender but want variation. Some of us are going through, or have gone through the process of changing gender.
    Good points, Nathalie. After thinking long and hard about it (and while reading other threads on Transgender) I've decided that I must be. I certainly feel myself changing from one to the other. The times that I do are (1) while I am on this site and (2) while shopping online for clothes

Absolutely nothing at all. I'm coming to accept that it defines who I am.

Great question Piora!

This is one of the only places where I can be a girl. When I'm here the girl side is in full bloom. I feel comfortable here ( no, no split personality). It's like we are all girl friends complimenting each other on our pictures and helping each other out. We do have some beautiful "girls" here so that helps with the illusion.

If we want a reality check that we are actually GM's just look in the picture gallery for the boy/girl transformations.lol.
    Last edited by Marleena; 03-25-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Smack in the middle! lol, thanks for bringing up the transgender issue into conversation because, as you know me , controversy is my middle name......or was it confusia? .........oh well, what was I talking about? oh yeah, word transgender to a CDer seems to annotate form of psychological/clinical condition as suppose to just liking wearing skirts

I remember only so well, I dreaded word transsexual my entire life and only when I had nowhere to run I had to accept it, and it also took a while to understand the meaning of this label, I realized that contrary to my believing transsexual didn't mean perverted, but as with mainstream societal misunderstanding and lack of information makes such words resonate dread.

Transgender being spot on with gender and being way more liberal of a word is slowly starting to gain ground but still I think most just dread the connotation!

Actually, I think of others as who they are as people not gender per se. In any case besides being a crossdresser, I'm also sometimes a cross crossdresser which is really harder than one may think.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    Do you think of that other, girly behavior as true, as your own, or is it simply a play on environment, and which is more comfortable????
    Oh, it's definitely mine. While I feel that I do have traits that would be best described as female in nature....as Piora I embrace the feminine aspects of my personality that I tend to suppress while out in the world, coming in contact with others, as a male. Among other things, this site has allowed me to embrace that aspect of my personality. As a closeted crossdresser, I often imagine that if I was out to the world, the way I think (and sometimes act as Piora, even when I'm alone) is how I believe I would be while presenting as a female. While dressed, I act the way a woman would. I don't walk like a man, I walk like a woman, I sit with my knees together, or I don't sprawl out like a man if I'm watching something on TV.

I'm actually very comfortable in both worlds, to be truthful. Obviously, wearing female clothing is very powerful in bringing out that part of me....but I would feel silly if I walked like I was wearing a skirt and heels, while dressed in drab!

I would like to think of members here as people, beautiful, funny, sometimes obnoxious but all in all people. I would however say that some of the time I look at threads and titles and think "guys in dresses".

My SO says I'm no different dressed femme than male. I certainly don't try to be. Why would I? I'm me. If someone doesn't like it, well, their loss.

Before I even come on to this site,I always put on a pretty pair of panties and sexy lingerie and get into the other side of who I am.I not only look different but think differently to all the particular issues xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Great question Piora!

This is one of the only places where I can be a girl. When I'm here the girl side is in full bloom. I feel comfortable here ( no, no split personality). It's like we are all girl friends complimenting each other on our pictures and helping each other out. We do have some beautiful "girls" here so that helps with the illusion.
    Excellent points! You described it exactly. And comfortable says it best. And like you, I really enjoy this site's ability to enable me to try to help members (if I feel that I can) and to be able to see all our members who post pictures, and look so great in them, and to compliment them on them the same way that GGs would! And it also helps me feel more feminine.

If we want a reality check that we are actually GM's just look in the picture gallery for the boy/girl transformations.lol.
    Hmmm yes.....it can be a bit mind-blowing, I think!

Aspiring Member
    I don't think of the members as anything as females. My mind is locked into being "female". I sometimes catch myself and have to remember that I am still a "male". Especially at work. I don't consider any of my gf here or in any other group as anything but "females". They are my sisters, one and all.
    Diane Elizabeth

I am now comfortable enough in my own skin to post as I would in female thinking.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I think we make a big deal of this. I know I am not a female, nor do i wish to be one. I do enjoy putting on feminine style clothes, shoes, makeup, wig etc. to attempt to create the illusion of being a female. When I'm on here i find it fun to adopt a female persona and that includes referring to oneself or other members in the feminine pronoun form. At least for me its all for fun.

When I'm here I'm me. It happens that I can express feminine thoughts here that I cannot express in most venues so I'm probably perceived as female here. I consider the other members here to be female unless they happen to be FTM.

When dressed, I tend to act in a feminine fashion as befits my appearance. When interacting with other TG people I treat them as the gender that they are presenting. This isn't really difficult because this is the way I want to be treated. Besides, feminine modes of social interaction are fun!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Most of the time dressed drab when posting but mentally dressed all the way. I really do not think of the readers as guys in dresses but as females or transgendered people. For example, when referencing someones's name in a post, the mental image of that person is their avatar or a vague female form if no avatar. I see Karren as Karren and not as someone flailing away with a hockey stick. There is only one other forum I go to (it is about cars) and the behavior there is pretty much the same as here. Actually posting is an immersion into the femme and a nice time...generally.

When I am here my brain is en femme even if the rest of me is not.
    And I try to see others the way I think they would like to be seen.
    Last edited by Kayla C; 03-25-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: grammar

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piora
    Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?
    [SIZE="2"]I think of the other members, at least in this MtF section, as females, but I also think of them as just VERY interesting human beings, i.e. ones who have courageously done SOMETHING. I’m exactly the same on all discussion forums, although this is the only one I post regularly on. I probably prefer this site because there is plenty to talk (write) about, and I enjoy the company of kindred spirits and/or peers. I’m yielding in any capacity, dressed or not, so it’s just natural to let the effeminacy flow unchecked...
    [/SIZE]

I'm softer, gentler, more forgiving, more understanding, and slower to anger when responding to postings here. I'm not saying that all women behave that way.....but I think it's safe to say that most GGs fit into those categories.
    [SIZE="2"]No comment. I wouldn’t touch that one with an eleven-foot pole [SIZE="1"](I feel like I’m being watched!)[/SIZE]… [/SIZE]