Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it actually illegal...........

Question Is it actually illegal...........

........to crossdress in the state where you live. Which state is it? Or is it just socially unacceptable. I don't know the law in Kentucky where I live, but I do know it is not accepted. I would think that it would be unconstitutional to bar crosscressing.

enlighten me, girls

thanks

Fanci

Ah-May-Lee
    It is illegal here in Maryland for a CDer to wear leg warmers, the fashion police will send them straight to Macy's for rehab.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I'm not aware of any state where it is illegal to crossdress. If you choose to venture out and have an accident or something like that it might be embarrassing. Just try to stay out of trouble and away from the law is the best and if you do have to face the law dressed, just be straight forward and show them your ID. Don't try to explain unless they ask and then as little as necessary.

Vivian

Hey Franci,

I live in the state of Utopia, where its against the law to wear mens clothing.

Ricki B
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

As far as I know it is not illegal in Maine. But it may not be legal to use a womans rest room. There are not many tg's here because of the population. So acceptance is well I don't know. It is a state of live and let live type of attitude.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

If memory serves, there hasn't been a state law against crossdressing since the '50s... county and city laws are a different matter...

Where I live, Houston, it was illegal up until our famous TG pioneer/lawyer Phyllis Randolph Frye got it overturned in '80... My understanding is that this was the last big city to have such a law on the books... Not surprising, since this foul place is the veritable Mecca and Jerusalem of masculinity-worship...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    It is illegal here in Maryland for a CDer to wear leg warmers, the fashion police will send them straight to Macy's for rehab.

Well I guess I can not go to Maryland. I love legwarmers.

April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Let's face, any man arrested under any such law only has to point to the numerous women wearing blue jeans not much different than what guys wear and say "Why aren't you hauling them into jail???'' I think any such law is rendered unworkable by the number of women wearing what was once considered male-only clothing.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i have rode past cops while in my pantyhose skirt heels on my bicycle and have not been stoped here in the phoenix area

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    As far as I know there's no states that have laws against crossdressing -- although there might be city or county ordinances on the books, and technically crossdressing might be considered an illegal disguise if you did so to commit crime.

Now the fashion police are another matter. Stacy and Clinton are watching....
    :GE:
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    In California (aka Utopia, aka Lotus Land, aka Hollyweird) it is better to be caught in women's clothing than to be caught in traffic on the 5, 405, 805, 15 or 8.

I don't think it's illeagle in any state, except if you are dresed as the oppisite sex during the commision of a felony, and the way some women dress, it ought to be a felony. I have two sets of I.D.s in case I get pulled over. One is my actual drivers license, and the other is a CA I.D. card, with all the same
    correct data...including sex, except with my Femm picture. I only had to use it once so far, and it made
    the situation much eaiser to explain to the officer. However, don't get caught driving and drinking when you are En Femm. You'll go to jail, and it won't be the womens correction jail. You could wind up with Bubba, who thinks; " You sure got a purty mouth."

I don't know exactly what the law is here in the (RED) state of Indiana, although I highly doubt that there are any laws or ordinances that specifically outlaw crossdress and even if there are, I highly doubt that they are even enforced anymore (a la Sodomy laws). The only scenario that I could see possibly leading to any kind of legal trouble is getting "clocked" by an irate woman in a womens' restroom leading to a major incident. Otherwise, I can't even see why anybody COULD be arrested for it. I DO know that our governor, Mitch Daniels, as big of a jerk as he may be, DID sign an executive order early in his term forbidding discrimination in state government against people on the basis of sexual orientation or GENDER IDENTITY, which prompted a furious outcry from the local religious whacko-fundies trying to scare the citizenry with the specter of being forced to work with and/or receiving government services from men in dresses. Boo!

..well ..there are exposer laws..everywhere so stay "prim-proper" (tucked!?)..and safe....
    timing and "place" are still a major considerations -NO Doubt ! eh? xx"K"
    Last edited by Khriss; 11-07-2005 at 02:57 AM.
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    That should be illegal period!! It's so 80's....
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    not as far as i know ....thinking of crossdressing police kicking down the door......

I live in a pretty conservative state called Utah and I haven't heard any laws pertaining to dressing in clothing of the opposite sex

Departed
    If you were online here at the time you might remember a link to a story where a CDer volunteered her services to work in a hospital but did so en femme. If I remember it right the police visited her at home after she was refused as a volunteer and she produced a false ID that said she was female and was arrested.

As far as I know crossdressing isn't illegal but trying to falsely identify yourself as female is.

experts

This need legal expert's advice here . and publication should be availabe from supportive group .
    I beleive as long as it is not obstacles to the society and not in sex oreanted form and it is in calm quite ,sobar and normal way it is not objectionable.
    Amanda

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Marie
    As far as I know crossdressing isn't illegal but trying to falsely identify yourself as female is.
    Exactly. Which is why I don't think it's a great idea to have dual IDs. Yes, technically it's not being deceptive, but it's all too easy to spark a misunderstanding. Then again, much as I blend in well in a crowd, I doubt that anyone will mistake me for a GG close-up, so my take is that I might as well own up to being a guy in a dress. I was actually asked to show my ID shopping at Lane Bryant two weeks ago (the signature on my credit card is smeared, so it happens a lot) and the salesclerks only reaction was to say, "yup, that's you."
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Hi girls, here in the UK it's not illegal but if when you're out dressed and are clocked, then get into an argument or something worse you can be arrested for causing a disturbance or a breach of the peace because the of way you've dressed, i.e. as a girl, was the cause of the altercation.
    Always pays to be careful and know the area well before going out dressed.

Luv ya.Gale.
    Luv Ya! :be:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    That should be illegal period!! It's so 80's....

I love them anyway Tamara...And you can't catch me copper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kisses, April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Leagle or not

If it were against the law to crossdress shouldn't the police assest female officers for wearing mens uniforms???

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

I was chatting one night, a few years ago, with a guy from Texas. He said he was pulled over on a traffic stop. He was en femme and he was given a ticket for "impersonating a woman." Is anyone from Texas? Is that really against the law?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne
    I was chatting one night, a few years ago, with a guy from Texas. He said he was pulled over on a traffic stop. He was en femme and he was given a ticket for "impersonating a woman." Is anyone from Texas? Is that really against the law?
    No, that's not in the Texas Penal Code, it would have had to be a municipal violation... in some small Bible-thumping town. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Houston was the last big city to have a law against CDing, and that was 25 years ago...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]