Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any chance of finding a girl who is ok and maybe even intrigued by this

When I was 22 - 26 and dating, I had a few girlfriends I was sexualy active with and I told all 5 of them about this side of me. Everyone of them did not care at all but I also only dressed in front of one of them. I then met my SO and I told her about it she is fine and has seen me dressed a few times over the past 20 years however things have changed a bit. I want to explore going out to events, spend a couple days as a girl, go to the salon dressed up, you get the idea. Anyway this is where it starts to get uncomfortable because she doesn't want this to happen and when I was young I thought I would only be doing it around the house in "private for all of my life."
    With all that being said if I knew what I know now I would have told her that you may never know, I might want to step out the door as a girl...All I can say is that I was as open as I possibly could be back then.

The answer to your question about whether there are girls that actually appreciate and even enjoy a crossdressing guy is yes. The percentage is pretty small, though. The good news is that you should be able to find them. When I was your age it would have been very difficult, but the Internet has greatly changed the dynamics of finding and meeting people with compatible interests. Be cautious, but look into social media, forums, dating sites (these can be a minefield, but it's possible) and other means of web contact. Great relationships do begin on the Internet all the time and one of it's best uses is matching people this way.

I have to agree that women your age do tend to be less accepting of the unusual than older women. My first serious relationships began at your age and were with older women-- like 8-10 years older. Women past their early 20s tend to have a more practical and adult view of relationships and are often more accepting. They also tend to be a lot more passionate, but that's another story.

~ Lyric ~

My wife befriended a girl in class. She is twenty. She is a great friend now. I eventually told her about my female side. She not only loves it, she's so intrigued about it. When she goes out with us or me, when I'm in my female form.......She loves talking to the other girls,and always has a million questions for them.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I have been very fortunate and I realize that. I have known one gg for some time now who lives overseas, is bi, and has pushed me to explore my CD boundaries. We have done this together, but she only gets over here about 1-2 times each year and we do not have nor intend to have a serious relationship. In her case, the issue of CD came up early in that part of our relationship and she was endlessly curious.

I've also recently met another gg, about 22 years younger than I who started up an on-line conversation with me after seeing my CD profile on another forum. She is genuinely attracted to CDs and we've been together several times now and expect to see each other often. Our broad range of sexual interests happen to coincide pretty amazingly, which has really surprised both of us. For various reasons mostly centered around our raising our own kids, both single parents, we do not intend a serious relationship as defined by conventional dating and courtship, or exclusivity.

So I do know that the answer to the question is yes, but am also keenly aware as to how uncommon it seems to be.

If you are 'out' and look good in girl clothing, and spend quite a bit of time out in public dressed as a girl, you have a somewhat decent chance of finding at least a female friend who is o.k. with crossdressing. If you are in the closet, your chances are virtually zero. You will get quite a number of people here who will tell you how they found a nice partner who is perfectly fine with crossdressing, but remember that this is out of what, over 25,000 crossdressers? Even if you get 250 responses on this thread that tell you they have a crossdressing friendly SO, that's still less than 1%. Which, by the way, sounds about right. Out of every 100 women, there will be perhaps one who is attracted to a guy in a dress. Now, what are the odds that you will be compatible with her? And, how do you find her (women rarely make a 'first move' that men recognize)?
    Best of luck. The best advice I've gotten is to try to befriend gay women and hang out with them with at least some feminine 'self decoration' on yourself to indicate your preference of attire when you go with them to female gay bars, where you may find a woman who is attracted to a wider variety of males.
    Best of luck, mate. You'll need it. Most of us spend our entire lives, unsuccessfully, trying to find a real, live girlfriend.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    let me join in the chorus. Yes, there are women, a lot of them, I think, who are able to accept, embrace and even enjoy sharing life with a CDing partner. Lots of good advice already given. Be open, be honest at an appropriate moment, and strive to be a good listener...its the best way to meet, become friendly and develop long term relationshps with women who are interested in you.

Hello! Its understandable that you're worried. I got with my partner who I have known since I was about 8. It never occurred to me he was a CD and to be honest I had never really thought what my immediate reaction would be in that circumstance. So I think it would be safe to say that a large majority of women don't know or don't even think about it til the moment they're told. I have every faith that there is someone out there who will love every part of you no matter what. So please don't give up but also don't drive yourself ratty at such a young age looking for it (it tends to play hide and seek)

I found my wife in college, although we knew each other socially, it was when we both attended "the Rocky Horror Picture Show" that got us together. While not nearly as popular these days, they still show it . Go see if there are any girls your age and meet them, you never know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They are most definitely out there. I told my SO absolutely everything about me very early in our relationship (probably within the first 8 weeks) - and there was a LOT to tell, not just about CD'ing (but that is another story). It was only fair to both her and myself. In my opinion, she needed to know in order to make her own decisions BEFORE making any type of longer term commitment. And she was totally fine with it - and we quickly agreed to a couple of boundaries, which I still respect.

As the others have said - just be yourself, be honest, and when the right one comes along, you'll know :-)
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

My personal quest I have found is like a needle in a haystack :'(

So tired of being alone :'(

I had to add this:
    O.K., lets simply go by statistics. Most studies I've read indicated that about 1.5% of all women surveyed said that they might be open to a relationship with a man who crossdresses. When I was in therapy, the therapist agreed when I asked how many wife initially thought it would be ok, but eventually turned out not to be able to accept it. so you're looking about about 0.75% of the female population as potential mates. Still, out of say, 150 million women in the U.S., that's still over a million women, assuming you're willing to date ALL ages and appearance females. They won't be easy to find, because dating a feminine male is NOT a status symbol for women, it's more something they'll be made fun of for by their girlfriends, so they won't advertise the fact. Now then, assuming you ask, and go out with 400 women, three will be able to accept it. Of that three, you then have to narrow down whether you have any other things in common with her, and if you're compatible in other ways. So, the odds are very, very high. It's not impossible; but your chances are about the same as winning the lottery. The best advice I've gotten so far, is to make friends with gay/bi women, and go with them socially; there will be some straight women around, who are more likely (but not necessarily) to be more open to different sexual/social gender roles. Encourage them to match you up, and let them know they should 'feel out' their 'target' women to see if they will be o.k. with a guy who crossdresses. Also, you have to determine where you stand on the gender line; do you want to go as far as you can, walk like a girl, change the way you talk, etc, because women will want to know that, it all will enable them to know if they will still be able to find you sexually attractive or not, and that, is the ultimate deciding factor. If there's no sexual attraction, all you're going to wind up with is a friend. Sure, that would be good, but single women looking to be set up with men aren't usually looking for 'friends'. Can't hurt, though. good luck. You'll need it.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-28-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

i have a girlfriend who at first was really opposed to everything, so i didn't push the issue. after 6 months whenever we're together she wants me in femme