Thread: Book Opens Up Discussion

Post Book Opens Up Discussion

[SIZE="4"]I am presently reading Peggy Rudd's book My Husband Wears My Clothes. My spouse is reading it also. I have also been thoughful of my spouse's feelings about my dressing. The book reminds me that others are affected by what I do. Conversely, her attitude towards crossdressing and transgender affect the both of us.

She is asking quesions again which I always welcome. I feel this time the questioning will go deeper than in previous times. She's still trying to wrap her mind around a male wearing women's clothing. What I like about Rudd's book is that it takes crossdressing from the spouse's perspective. My spous revealed to me that when she found out that I crossdress she wished tha she would wake up one day and find the whole idea of it gone.

I remind her that I'm still trying to understand what being transgender is. When I came out to her seven years ago, the main thing I was concerned with was how this would affect our family and our marriage. Thus far it has been positive. We do a lot of things together and enjoy being wih each other. One woman at our church took notice of this.

I said earlier this year that it would be a pivotal in ou lives. I seems to be heading in that direction. I've been out in public dressed almost every day for the past few weeks. I've felt much better about doing this and even a few folks on the sreet hae taken notice. I'm very upbeat about where all this is heading.
    [/SIZE]

Last edited by gennee; 04-25-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Silver Member
    It is wonderful to hear you are communicating (again) with your spouse! That is IMO a big step forward for BOTH of you and hopefully each will become stronger from it. Considering anothers feelings, trying to explain why this gender change is so comfortable for you (& others) may take time, but please continue to go slow. There should also be some guide lines as to what will be permitted and is acceptable from those involved. At times frustration may enter, but try to calmly resolve any issues by showing & telling feelings. Be comfortable and confident in who you are - as it is your life!

Platinum Member
    Thats something I haven't suggested to my wife. We get along fine and shes been quite supportive, but perhaps gaining another SO 's perspective would be beneficial nonetheless. Is it available via Amazon?

PS, thanks Vickie, I just downloaded it. I've only gotten through the first couple of pages, but it seems to have some good content.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 04-25-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: post script

Silver Member
    Yes it is available on Amazon.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    It is a good book and offers a good prospective on how our CD affects our SO. It is good to remember that on one fix fits all and to be able to communicate in a positive way is the most inportant thing we both can do.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Miriam
    As I've noted in occasional previous threads, my wife and I read the same book together last month while on vacation. As with you, Gennee, it stimulated a lot of good discussion. Though she's always been very supportive, I think it helped her to understand the permanence of the need and some of the motivations. I hope it helps you and your wife to move forward as well (you too, Kim).

Miriam

Hello Genee!
    My you have stepped out and spread your wings. My wife and I are reading "My husband Betty". A similar book where the author tells of her experiences being married to a crossdressing husband. My wife hates the fact that I crossdress. Hates to see pictures, female clothes of mine or even to hear that I am buying things. She wishes that it would all go away. You on the other hand seem to be moving forward. I congratulate you and hope it continues.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Hello Genee!
    My you have stepped out and spread your wings. My wife and I are reading "My husband Betty". A similar book where the author tells of her experiences being married to a crossdressing husband. My wife hates the fact that I crossdress. Hates to see pictures, female clothes of mine or even to hear that I am buying things. She wishes that it would all go away. You on the other hand seem to be moving forward. I congratulate you and hope it continues.

I read My Husband Betty also. IT's a very helpful book and a staple in my home library.
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".