Thread: GG and TS Tomboys/ who invented pants

Aspiring Member

GG and TS Tomboys/ who invented pants

I always wondered why GGs or even TS's would kind of go the "tomboy" route with soooooo many great girly attire choices out there. I do not really know why but I am alittle bit orientated that way. I do not necessarily need high heels and a miniskirt to feel feminine. I often ask myself why our adopted daughter kind of went the country tomboy style. She is a very pretty, tall, light skinned Latina from Central America. I am going to kind of contradict myself, but I always said that if I were her I would wear a dress everyday single day. Do some GGs and TS's really don't know how good looking they are? But then again, there might not be any thing better looking than a good looking tomboy?

By the way, I remember a conversation I had years ago with some Amish on a construction site. We sort of touched the topic fg CDing. I said that to my knowledge that pants were invented by women and that men stole them away from them years and years ago. They adamantly denied that, but a look throughout history reveals a close assemblance to mens and womens clothing. Any one ever heard this? Amanda

No two people have precisely the same tastes or values, so it's a waste of time to wonder why others don't think the way that you do or like/dislike what you do, and if you get annoyed at others for not thinking the way you do or for not sharing your values, then you've crossed over into foolishness.

Nothing that I can find on-line indicates that your history of pants is accurate. Apparently, the earliest record of them is from roughly the 6th century BCE, worn by Iranian horse-riding people, apparently for both sexes. Historically, they've been primarily men's clothing. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trousers for lots of details.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Aspiring Member
    Sorry you missed my point...but anyways I know getting dolled up takes alot of work... Amanda

Platinum Member
    There is much evidence men and women in days of old wore clothing of a non pants nature. You can argue about the adornments on the clothing, but, still clothes without legs. My recollections of history is pants were created in the horse riding cultures. We've all seen the side saddle female riders in westerns wearing dresses. In Arabia long garments served the purpose of keeping the body cooler, at least under the garment it was not 135 degrees in the sun.

When en femme I prefer pretty dresses because I usually wear pants when not en femme, which is the greatest part of my clothes wearing life. Yuck!

Silver Member
    Wearing pants is easier... I usually prefer functionality over fashion. And I still look d*** good in a tight fitting pair of jeans I'm also not a dainty flower... so I feel kind of weird in pretty, frilly cloths. I do love fashion though and there are some sexy yet strong cloths I'd love to wear, but I still have issues with thinking I can't pull off certain looks. Looking at yourself and hating what you see for 25 years is kind of hard to get over.

And I'm sure plenty of women do not know how pretty they are. Women judge themselves a lot more than men do and that definitely plays into what they choose to wear.

To be honest Hon, if I did go through transition I would get married and would dress sexy for my Hubby, so when he came home from work he could really relax if he so chose. I said here as a housekeeper I would probably be like Peg Bundy but I think closer to the truth would be more of a June Cleaver with dress, heels and garter belt and stockings. The reason for this is although I would probably want to blend in sometimes, for the most part I would figure "If you've got it, flaunt it Baby." I would want to be a desireable woman, especially for my SO.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning