Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you pretty?

Do I think I am pretty? The answer from Soriya is YES! This is one of the new reasons I still dress, because I like the way I look. I must admit, I have even thought to myself that is I met Soriya as in if she was somebody else, I would date her. On my male side, I do not feel 'pretty' or better put, Handsome. lets call it like it is, I don't feel like I am good looking even though I have been told by countless women that I am. I understand why I feel that way, late bloomer growing up, being so much smaller then all the kids all the way through school (grew 4 inches after High School), being bullied very badly, the works.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the beholders opinion that matters the most is the beholder which is ourselves. That's why I don't believe it when women tell me I am handsome, because my belief system that was bread out of a lot of pain growing up is still in the process of being changed. As Soriya, I feel the things about myself I desire for my male side which is a reason I still dress today. Someday, I will merge her with my male side and feel it overall. It just takes time and a lot of hard work at looking at myself within.

i'm not "pretty" and i'm not "ugly"...so i guess that makes me "pretty ugly"...
    paula

I are me. Me is not such a beautifull sight. I'm not beautifull when dressed or undressed. I'm not even pretty on the inside but i'm told i'm good natured. I treat others as i'd prefer they treated me. If i see someone (woman) who is not beautifull i look for something about her which i find attractive and then compliment her on that aspect of her appearance. The same applies if i'm looking at a man, though i admit i do not go looking for attractive things about men. Regardless of appearance some have said i am attractive. This was done mostly when i was much younger. Today i'm fat (40-50 pounds over weight) and have health problems which you do not want to affect your appearance. Still i sometimes imagine myself as being attractive. (Oh how i wish). But i know my time is past. So ask me this question in another 40 years when i start my second childhood. Maybe then i'll be pretty (or at least attractive) again.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Well.....no. Kinda. Sometimes. Nah. Well.....sometimes.

I think I feel pretty a lot more than I actually look pretty.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Considering that I haven't been given a lot to work with anyway, looking good in Guy Mode is just this side of unattainable. I cite my abysmal history with the ladies as testament to this claim which has led me to conclude that, at least physically, I am below average in the Good Looks department. Now with the Big Five-Oh heading my way at breakneck speed, I'll be past that milestone in a few more years and I don't expect it to get any easier. As for appearance, either en drab (or without padding in the proper areas when en femme) I most closely resemble a 2x10 standing on end. As yet, I don't do makeup or shave anywhere below my comically prominent adam's apple, which I'm sure would likely only serve to improve my appearance, at least from the neck up...

...although I'm still a work-in-progress having recently embarked on this Road of Discovery, my answer to the question is: Yes, I am pretty because I feel pretty. Ultimately, that's really where it begins, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Long Legs View Post
    Do you think that having pretty, small, feminine features makes you more likely to become a CD? Is it that you look better as a girl, or are your features a sign that you are quite a feminine person?
    I am interested in how the feminine side of us, obviously better developed in CDs, manifests itself.
    I wouldn't say that it made me more likely to be CD, that's me regardless. Now that I have explored more I do think it's nice to have a more femme frame. Plus I can share clothes with my wife!

Handsome as a Woman, and Pretty as a Man is how I describe myself.

Banned Read only
    Cross dressing and one's physical features are completely unrelated. While it may make it easier to pass, your features can not drive you to crossdress. Cross dressing is not like trying a new haircut.

Actually, I didn't know I had any nice feminine qualities until I dressed. I don't think I have a passable face at all, and the trunk of my body is a problem. But if I exposed a bit of vanity, I really like my legs. I love the look of them in stockings and heels. I thought I'd like the look of them more if I shaved them, and I've been doing it ever since. I guess I wouldn't go so far as to call myself pretty, but I like my legs. If I didn't like the look of them, I'm not sure I would have stayed in the hobby. I hope I don't sound self centered-I'm really not that way-I'm just trying to answer the question honestly.

Staci.

Mirrors.......

[SIZE="3"]Mirror, mirror on the wall (CRACK!) Oh well....honey...we need another mirror here in the loo![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Silver Member
    I'm told I am. I don't see it. I'm hoping one day I can believe it.

I think every man has a femine side ,some are just able to cope with letting it out . Others put up facades there whole life suppressing it ,and thats probably normal .. were just lucky to allow ourselfs the pleasures of being female.
    "Girls will be boys ,boys will be girls its a mixed up world its a shook up world" {Kinks}

When I take the time to do my makeup a wear my wig. I feel very pretty. I think I look pretty good to.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Me beautiful Not in 4 life times. There is enough of me to make two woman. I wear a size 20.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I think I'm pretty, but then again I'm biased.

Cute maybe, big maybe. But don't think i can claim pretty. I know this because everything i own looks more flattering on a clothes hanger
    The meaning of life is to win the human race, or maybe, it's just finding the perfect shoes.

My answer, I am what God made me to be...I am beautiful. I am human. I am humane.
    I think I'm a dorkycute, sexy, playful girl...but like I said. I'm biased

Pretty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. But pretty clothes make me feel pretty.

On the outside, not in a million years, but on the inside, that's another story.

I was being kicked out of bars at 26 because they said I was underage.
    I bought my last childs ticket to the movies when I was 18.
    I started shaving regularly when I was 24 that meant every 2 days then.
    No question about it when I was younger.I had regular girlfriends and the group I was with wanted to see what I looked like in their clothes.
    Loved it..... I could cry now. OH! for the olden days.
    I wonder where they have all gone.
    I do know two that transitioned and they turned out great. (They were guys then) Now they are just ordinary 40 yr old women and 'Loving It"
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In a word, No, Pretty as a train wreck. 40 yaers as a mechanic has cured all my hopes of ever looking pretty.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

To answer the thread title, yes I am quite pretty *humbly spoken*

My wife says that I look better as a girl than I do as a guy, my face is big but I have rounded features ..

Well, I wear pretty clothes, have pretty jewelry, and some pretty wigs. My shoes are cute. So, as long as I don't look in a mirror, sure, I'm 99% pretty. Now if only I could do something about this figure and face.........
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would not say im pretty but i do try everytime i dress .So i guess that will have to do for now
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Platinum Member
    Considering the vast majority of cross dressers' first experiences are in early youth, I do not think it has a bearing at all. I think most boys in the single digit range are cute. Even teenagers are handsomely cute. If cross dressing was based on whether one is passable, there would be a lot less cross dressers. I'm six foot and not passable. When I was a teenager I was six foot and 140 pounds. I think I could have made a cute young woman, if I had long hair and knew how to do makeup. Mow I wear plus size dresses (size 18), but, I'm height and weight in proportion. Still I'm easily identifiable as a man. At the mall I see many plus size women who are that way due to poor diet and lack of exercise. They are not society's ideal of an attractive women either. But they are still women. Overweight and out of shape guys still dress as women.

Right now Kathie Lee and Hoda are doing a segment on a woman who has lost 250 pounds-droped from 396 to 146. The woman looks fabulous. At 396 she looked like a woman. At 146 she looks like a woman. I guess I may digress too much! Sigh!