Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you pretty?

At times I think I am pretty, most of the time I do feel pretty, but I am certainly not petite, small boned, have small hands and features that would have led me to where I am.
    On the inside I am definitely pretty and I try to make that show on the outside for everyone to see.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm so pretty that it's scary.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Well, my new SO thinks I'm pretty and that is all that counts really. As far as being "feminine", that is kinda debatable since I always was and still am a rough and tumble gal. I've always had the affinity to be a tomboy, so the feminine part has to be in the eye of the beholder. I do enjoy looking nice though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I always hated being small and shy, non-athlete...However...I do look fairly nice in a size 10 dress, even size 8 some days. Pretty is a goal more than anything else at my age. Still I try. See avatar and click my name to see the profile pic.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Sure! Pretty fat. Pretty old. Pretty wrinkled. Pretty big. Pretty tall. . .
    Too much everything that signifies male, but every so often I feel pretty and that makes me so happy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U can tell from my pics, there's nothing very pretty or fem about me. Sigh! That's why I CHEAT as much as I do!

Pretty on the inside? Yeah, rite! Have u read any of my posts!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Ok....I have terrific legs, but so do many of us.

Outside of that I have the usually problems: too big on top, too small on the bottom, waist not small enough, hands not dainty enough, nails not long enough, nose too bit, arms too strong, lips too small, and too tall for those lovely heels.

I can get past all this to not be ugly, but I don't expect to be called cute or pretty. I'm delighted with average!

tina

magic mirrors...thats what i have....but i feel pretty and sexy inside...when dressed. ...but to quote another...a dude in a dress,it is what it is. i feel pretty oh so pretty..yea ok lol

I like to believe I look pretty. I know I look better in photographs and videos than in real life... photos can always be retouched, the angles can be changed, the lighting... in real life it's hard to be as pretty as you want to be.

As a man? Big, horrible, hairy and ugly!! When I epilate and dress, I FEEL pretty and that is the important thing! Once I realised that other peoples petty opinions don't matter, life became so much easier!!

Gold Member
    If I could go back to my senior prom, I would be the girl that stood against the wall all night.

Makeup addict!
    I'm a good looking guy, but still trying to be a real gorgeous looking girl

I've been told I am pretty and hot when dressed as a woman. I also been told I am pretty and hot when I am not dressed as a woman. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my girlfriend finds me attractive eiter way, so that is all that matters to me.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Renee View Post
    I think I'm friggin' adorable, in any clothes.
    Why, yes you are, Rachel. You have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    You left off pretty fat arms. Again!

I am not pretty or feminine or small.
    Aw, c'mon Karren! Don't forget we can look at all your photos! And many of them show you to be quite feminine in the outfits, makeup and wigs that you're wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde
    As a man? Big, horrible, hairy and ugly!!
    We have a hard time imagining that when we look at your avatar, Beth.

Once I realized that other peoples petty opinions don't matter, life became so much easier!!
    Good attitude....wish I was at that level.....however, still closeted.

When I epilate and dress, I FEEL pretty and that is the important thing!
    Well, I can definitely relate to that. I feel the same way.

I'd say that parts of me are well....I guess 'pretty' might be a word to use. I think if I had been dressing fully at say, age 35 - I might have reached a level where I could say that about the rest of me, too. Of course, obviously I'll never know for sure, though.
    Last edited by Piora; 04-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Renee View Post
    I think I'm friggin' adorable, in any clothes.
    Yes, from your pictures, I have to agree. Can't wait till later this month to see in person!

As for me, well I don't really think I'm particularly pretty, but I get told that a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    If I could go back to my senior prom, I would be the girl that stood against the wall all night.
    I think i would be standing with Sue all night, I wish i could be pretty, some of us only could wish.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Not remotely pretty. As I type this I'm watching the end of Lonesome Dove. Angelica Houston is a main character. She's not pretty..but I think presents a mature attractiveness. Maybe I can shoot for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I don't think I am, but if you want to feel pretty this might help.
    Marleena... you fill my life with joy!

I am a very unattractive (and definately not pretty) guy - I am small, bald, old and wrinkly and have felt like this since I was about 23. I have very few redeaming features... but I am told that my guitar playing is pretty hot (and I was told that at 18 too)... but I am not so sure... I am no John Mayer!

Kaz makes me feel like I can look not so bad... but is Kaz pretty? Not really... she comes up with some OK photos once in a while, but the reality is something else...

But feeling pretty can also be a mindset... and sometimes... just sometimes... Kaz feels pretty.....

But then she wakes with a hangover!!!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Silver Member
    If one looks around any trans convention, you will see TV and TS come in all shapes and sizes, degrees of hairiness, features etc. (TS seem to be taller than average cis males, anyone ever notice that?) Some are closer to the "feminine ideal" than others, some can be mistaken for women en drab all the way to some who might look like football players dressed up (a literal observation, not a judgement), but they are all trans and it is a legitimate expression regardless. Having naturally feminine features could make one more likely to dress, but I doubt having distinctly male features alone makes one less likely to dress from what I have seen.

As for me, well, I look like a short football player in a dress.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 04-14-2012 at 07:51 PM.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My two year old grandson has the answer, and he says it all the time NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO.

I like my appearance better when I am dressed, am more at peace with myself. I will never be pretty, but when dressed i can cover some of the overt maleness, and I will think I look pretty, and no one else's opinion will sway my feelings toward myself.

I adopt the Sartre philosophy here. I think, therefore I am.......pretty.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Lucy = Do you remember the female Gym teacher in " PORKY'S ", I feel a little bit prettier than her when I dress-up.

Pretty from behind, maybe, but not passable and not pretty in the face, at least for those who are sober!

My spouse says I am absolutely gorgeous. Period.
    Kristy
    This is my Facebook page

Audrey Michelle's SO
    I don't think that small, feminine features are what makes people want to CD more than anyone else would be inclined to. My husband is not small, nor very feminine. And, Whoa, is he NOT PRETTY. He is beautiful to me because I love him. To anyone else, I am sure it's somewhere along the lines of "Holy Crap!"
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Gold Member
    Hmmmm....well, pretty IS in the eye of the beholder, and since my eye is the only one beholding me when I'm dressed up, then....................DAMN, I'm gorgeous!!!!