I'm looking at the new State Department guidelines for gender change. I want to use those guidelines as a model for other purposes.

According to The National Center for Transgender Equality what is needed is a letter like the following:

I, (physician’s full name), (physician’s medical license or certificate number), (issuing U.S. State/Foreign Country of medical license/certificate), (DEA Registration number or comparable foreign designation), am the physician of (name of patient), with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whom I have treated (or with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whose medical history I have reviewed and evaluated).

(Name of patient) has had appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition to the new gender (specify new gender male or female).

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the forgoing is true and correct.

Signature
Typed Name
Date

Transgender Equality goes on to state, "No specific treatment is required, and details of your treatment need not be provided. In fact, NCTE encourages you and your doctor to only state in the letter that you have had the clinical treatment determined by your health care providers to be appropriate. Details about surgery, hormone treatment, or other treatments are unnecessary and not helpful."

If someone knows a doctor here in the Los Angeles area who is known to be willing to perform an evaluation and write such a letter, I would really appreciate it if you would PM me with your information about the doctor.

Thank You!

Hugs,
Persephone.