Thread: Bought some new books

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Bought some new books

Hi all, I went on a little shopping spree on Amazon tonight and bought a couple new books: "My Husband Betty, She 's not the man I married & My husband wears my clothes" I was thinking they might be something that both my wife and I could read together. I was wondering if anyone else here has read any of them and has any feedback as to whether this is a good place to start?

- April

Gold Member
    Yes We have..."My Husband Betty & My husband wears my clothes.
    Enjoyed hem both.
    Rader

Peggy Rudd's "My husband wears my clothes" is a classic and very helpful. My psychologist borrowed it and never returned it, when I quit seeing him.
    The husband is a member here, but has not posted recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Peggy Rudd's "My husband wears my clothes" is a classic and very helpful. My psychologist borrowed it and never returned it, when I quit seeing him.
    The husband is a member here, but has not posted recently.
    I am so pleased that so many are continuing to benefit from my wife's book, My Husband Wears My Clothes, and her other three books. I am perplexed why the electronic version of Husband through Amazon and other distributors is not selling as well as the printed copy.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

I read the book My husband Betty, and reading it has changed me forever, I tried to get my wife to read it but she has not

Silver Member
    Virginia Prince coined the term "femmiphile" first I believe; I always liked that term, shame it didn't catch on.

Melanie, will Peggy be writing another edition of "My Husband Wears My Clothes"? As far as I am concerned, it really is the gold standard of books to give to the wives of married hetero TVs. Peggy has truly done a world of good to help all of the couples out there!

Hi Melanie, Thank you for your reply. As for why perhaps the book sells so much better in hard copy than the electronic version, for me, though I have not yet received the book, I intend to share and read the book together with my wife, giving myself a few pages headstart in order to make some highlights and notations along the way to point out specific things to her which best describe my own personal experience. In other words, I see the book as more than just the average Ebook, but a tool for couples to learn and grow together. You are truly a very lucky person to have such a wonderful wife, and I thank you both for sharing your experiences with us all.
    - April

Miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    I am so pleased that so many are continuing to benefit from my wife's book, My Husband Wears My Clothes, and her other three books. I am perplexed why the electronic version of Husband through Amazon and other distributors is not selling as well as the printed copy.
    I don't understand it either, Melanie. I know that I was a lot more comfortable reading it in public on my Kindle than I would be a paperback with an obvious cover, for fairly obvious reasons. Perhaps others will learn this advantage as well.

Another of Peggy's works came up as a suggestion today and seemed pretty intriguing. Might have to read them all since the first was so good. Perhaps someday I'll be privileged enough to meet you both. Thank you.

Miriam

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    I can answer this Melanie! Well, my reason for not buying it anyway.... I am "friends" with my family members and others on my Nook, where we are able to see each others "lendable" library. I couldn't download it knowing that her book was a "Lend Me" book. I couldn't let out my husbands secret to everyone I know that owns a Nook. It wouldn't be fair to either of us.
    Last edited by MandyGG; 04-17-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyGG View Post
    I can answer this Melanie! Well, my reason for not buying it anyway.... I am "friends" with my family members and others on my Nook, where we are able to see each others "lendable" library. I couldn't download it knowing that her book was a "Lend Me" book. I couldn't let out my husbands secret to everyone I know that owns a Nook. It wouldn't be fair to either of us.
    Clearly there are times when we're better off without friends ;-)

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My husband Betty can be a bit rough on a first time wife who is worried about what you as a CD are planning in your future, as it really focuses on Betty becoming a woman, and in her next book he goes the next step. The My Husband Wears my Clothes is a much more straightforward book about CD ing and brings up less angst. Both are excellent, but each is very different.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Silver Member
    Barbara is right, if you are a hetero dresser give her "My Husband Wears My Clothes", she should read that first at least.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 04-17-2012 at 12:18 AM.

I've recently found Peggy Rudd's books and for the first time in my life I found some of the answers that I had been looking for as to why I am the way I am. It's been so liberating and I would recommend them to anyone. In particular her term of "femmophile" really struck a chord with me. I simply have a love and affiliation with all things feminine...and what on earth is wrong with that?

Aspiring Member
    My wife started by reading "My Husband Wears My Clothes" shortly after she had found out about my CDing. That book really helped out the transition of her not knowing anything about my previously secret life to accepting and supporting Renee. It also helped confirm a lot of the answers I gave her when she first found out.

She also purchase "My Husband Betty", but I don't think she ever read that one all the way, may be just skimmed through a few chapters.

Miriam
    My wife and I both read "My Husband Wears My Clothes". We got a lot out of it, and it gave us much to discuss. Since it was done while on a quiet vacation, we had plenty of time to get the most from it. I can't compare to the others, but I think Barbara covered the general sentiment I've read here before.

Miriam